ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA decision

Cards2529

No-Ranking Prospect
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2017
Another Cards insider forum is blowing up with the topoc NCAA decision but I obviously don't have access. Has anyone heard of news about us hearing from the NCAA today?

What's the big deal? You just assume it's negative and be surprised on the upside.

The question in my mind is what these clowns do IF it's negative...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

An appeal can only be accepted or denied. It’s not a levying of punishment. Many people have conceded the 2013 banner anyway because of the fact that the NCAA made it a point to cite moral atrocities and they HATE repeat offenders.

Gotcha. And if UL did hear from the NCAA they have to release the decision within 24 hours correct?

Gotcha. And if UL did hear from the NCAA they have to release the decision within 24 hours correct?
Another Cards insider forum is blowing up with the topoc NCAA decision but I obviously don't have access. Has anyone heard of news about us hearing from the NCAA today?

No, the NCAA has to notify Louisville 24 hours before they release. Louisville has no such obligation.

Whatever they do has to be more effective than your whiny a$$ ineffective smear campaign. You have no effect. Hell the petition you’re behind has only 170+ signatures after 1-week. LOL.

Zipp couldn’t lift Tyra’s jock.
Sounds like the engineers aren't raising as much money as they did last year. Not to worry... No one else with "U of L" in the name is either.

You can talk to Jack if you have suggestions about his petition. But I recommend you stick with lightly attended pizza socials...

Last edited:
Whatever they do has to be more effective than your whiny a$$ ineffective smear campaign. You have no effect. Hell the petition you’re behind has only 170+ signatures after 1-week. LOL.

Sounds like the engineers aren't raising as much money as they did last year. Not to worry... No one else with "U of L" in the name is either.

You can talk to Jack if you have suggestions about his petition. But I recommend you stick with lightly attended pizza socials...

Actually Speed fundraising is ahead of last years numbers. Sorry that doesn’t fit your narrative. The school is kicking some ass. Largest freshman class ever coming in next Fall at 600.

Turnout yesterday for the event was one of the largest we’ve had in 6-years.

Not everyone is pissed like you.

Actually Speed fundraising is ahead of last years numbers. Sorry that doesn’t fit your narrative. The school is kicking some ass. Largest freshman class ever coming in next Fall at 600.

Turnout yesterday for the event was one of the largest we’ve had in 6-years.

Not everyone is pissed like you.
I've long known that engineers esp. the younger ones are book smart but lack common sense. Looks like not much has changed.

And if ignorance is bliss and they're happy, they're far and away the exception. You're the ideal spokesperson. BTW it's in your interests to keep me AWAY from that crowd...

swineextension.jpg

Are you a fan of Grissom? Postel I think is just in the wrong place at the wrong time and did happen to cooperate with SACS enough to lead the charge in getting us off probation. But Grissom made power moves to remove Jurich from the moment he took his spot on the board.

Reactions: American Male
I've long known that engineers esp. the younger ones are book smart but lack common sense. Looks like not much has changed.

And if ignorance is bliss and they're happy, they're far and away the exception. You're the ideal spokesperson. BTW it's in your interests to keep me AWAY from that crowd...

swineextension.jpg

This sounds like a great time to say “get better, not bitter”.

Also, in light of the school shooting in Marshall County, I'm not sure from a PR perspective if releasing any news today is the wise thing to do. While it's all very important to us, it can wait.
So by your logic, the only headline on wdrb should be the high school shooting...

NCAA will release it no matter what eventually

An appeal can only be accepted or denied. It’s not a levying of punishment. Many people have conceded the 2013 banner anyway because of the fact that the NCAA made it a point to cite moral atrocities and they HATE repeat offenders.

The NCAA has NO Legal (or NCAA By-Laws), Authority to levy punishment based on Morality...That's why Penn State had the punishments (Vacated Wins) they received overturned!!!

Miami, was caught red-handed with paying players in the Hundreds of Thousands, and Millions of Dollars, and providing them with hookers and other extra benefits and skated!!!

UNC skated even though they themselves, along with the NCAA, KNOW that their student athletes took NON Accredited Classes for years...Yet the NCAA couldn't punish them because they're NOT an accrediting agency!!!

Duke had a player PAYED Thousands of Dollars and got off by making him repay the money funneled to him under the table!!!

And there's still an ongoing law suite against Katina Powell by the 12 strippers she quoted in her book that they provided sex at those parties...They ALL deny that claim as a lie...So how can the NCAA levy sanctions against UofL based on Katina Powell's Book, yet NOT Consider the SWORN Testimony of the 12 strippers that say those things NEVER Happened!!!

The NCAA is so all over the board on who and how they punish the institutions, that UofL NEEDS to sue them in court if they try to force UofL to vacate wins and the title based on a lie according to SWORN Testimonies, and an area (MORALITY), they have NO Authority over...Of course, With the Current President and BOT, I don't think they give a Damn, so I don't see them standing up to defend the University in a Court of Law!!!

:cool:

The NCAA has NO Legal (or NCAA By-Laws), Authority to levy punishment based on Morality...That's why Penn State had the punishments (Vacated Wins) they received overturned!!!

Miami, was caught red-handed with paying players in the Hundreds of Thousands, and Millions of Dollars, and providing them with hookers and other extra benefits and skated!!!

UNC skated even though they themselves, along with the NCAA, KNOW that their student athletes took NON Accredited Classes for years...Yet the NCAA couldn't punish them because they're NOT an accrediting agency!!!

Duke had a player PAYED Thousands of Dollars and got off by making him repay the money funneled to him under the table!!!

And there's still an ongoing law suite against Katina Powell by the 12 strippers she quoted in her book that they provided sex at those parties...They ALL deny that claim as a lie...So how can the NCAA levy sanctions against UofL based on Katina Powell's Book, yet NOT Consider the SWORN Testimony of the 12 strippers that say those things NEVER Happened!!!

The NCAA is so all over the board on who and how they punish the institutions, that UofL NEEDS to sue them in court if they try to force UofL to vacate wins and the title based on a lie according to SWORN Testimonies, and an area (MORALITY), they have NO Authority over...Of course, With the Current President and BOT, I don't think they give a Damn, so I don't see them standing up to defend the University in a Court of Law!!!

:cool:
Seems reasonable, but it doesn’t have to be prostitution for it to be “impermissable benefits” stripping is enough apparently. But if all of those schools didn’t vacate wins then clearly the goal posts have been moved or they paid somebody off at the NCAA. I think if we lose the banner and the other examples cited didn’t lose a single game then bias or bribery came into play. And we should know by now that the NCAA makes stuff up as they go along. Thanks for giving me some hope that we can win the appeal. But I think an appeal is our only chance. Legal action would get us nowhere and cost a lot IMO. See Zeke Elliot.

in terms of the release i heard on the radio yesterday that the ncaa will notify u of l within 24 that they are releasing their decision and that they will send that written decision to u of l one hour before they release it to the national media. that's all that happen. we get one hour notice before the national media.

and if they do take it down, i like matt willinger's idea of never actually letting them take it down. make them show up with a ladder and get it themselves but never actually take the banner down. it's our house we can put up whatever we want. we just won't be in the record books anymore

Reactions: Smithereen
in terms of the release i heard on the radio yesterday that the ncaa will notify u of l within 24 that they are releasing their decision and that they will send that written decision to u of l one hour before they release it to the national media. that's all that happen. we get one hour notice before the national media.

and if they do take it down, i like matt willinger's idea of never actually letting them take it down. make them show up with a ladder and get it themselves but never actually take the banner down. it's our house we can put up whatever we want. we just won't be in the record books anymore
The banner is not a physical thing, it’s a symbol. I will never forget winning the championship but if they do decide to strip it from us, it will certainly leave more than a bitter taste in my mouth.

What do you think about the piece of the floor that is visible from the street? Generic enough to still display? We have won NCAA championships. (Someone needs to get mcgee to talk.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT