ADVERTISEMENT

NC St

Why doesn’t McDonnell get rid of that 🤡 coaching 3rd base? How many times is he going to steal runs from Louisville by not sending the guy on second?

Great sweep, some encouraging improvement.
-big two out hits that scored runs, something that we have lacked for couple of years.
-McCoy 4-4, 3 nice singles up the middle and a bunt to 3rd vs. the shift. Watch it- he keeps hitting singles and not trying to do too much and all of a sudden he's getting balls to drive.
-We have a closer, Tucker Freakin Biven! Two days two saves, protecting one run leads.
-Keep Zion in lineup every day, don't care where.
-Good to see Humphrey continue in his big bounce back year, great kid from Owensboro Senior High. Same for Logan Beard, big homer today and couple nice veteran putouts.
-Gavin Kilen! We've had awesome shortstops (Hairston my favorite) but I think he is our best defensive SS potentially ever.

Reactions: earsky
Great sweep, some encouraging improvement.
-big two out hits that scored runs, something that we have lacked for couple of years.
-McCoy 4-4, 3 nice singles up the middle and a bunt to 3rd vs. the shift. Watch it- he keeps hitting singles and not trying to do too much and all of a sudden he's getting balls to drive.
-We have a closer, Tucker Freakin Biven! Two days two saves, protecting one run leads.
-Keep Zion in lineup every day, don't care where.
-Good to see Humphrey continue in his big bounce back year, great kid from Owensboro Senior High. Same for Logan Beard, big homer today and couple nice veteran putouts.
-Gavin Kilen! We've had awesome shortstops (Hairston my favorite) but I think he is our best defensive SS potentially ever.
Nice post. Yeah I'm thrilled to see several guys that were almost counted out be counted on once again. Biven looks like he's embracing the closer role,defensive plays all over the place. Hoy's barehand grab and the stretch by McCoy,Beard calling off Hoy because he knew the wind was pushing that ball towards him,JT battling the sun to make that play at the fence. I agree about Kilen and Rose- both need to be in the lineup for different reasons.

Rose wants to win and you can see it. His infectious attitude starting to rub off on everybody.I think Kilen is freaking outstanding.

It's one series but obviously huge to see the team starting to get it going at the right time.

I wanted to add that I was at the game yesterday and I knew NC St would come back in that game. We needed every defensive play to hold off the Wolfpack. Two teams that look really equal,we just outlasted them. The baserunning miscues by King attempting to steal 3rd Saturday and Sunday are head scratching for sure and I think he didn't take 3rd yesterday because he wasn't paying attention to Snider. With 2 outs,WHY steal 3rd Base? You're scoring on a hit anyway and he's not that fast.
Hard to notice unless you're at the game but Beard brings a calming influence to what has sometimes been a helter skelter group of infielders. He's slowly cementing his spot at 3rd.

Earsky, I was there as well. I believe EKjr gets by on pure athletic ability. His baseball IQ appears to be low. Base stealing - he shouldn’t do this as he is has speed but not base stealing quickness. Defensive- He is acceptable but not above average. Offensively - He swings the same way every time. Two strikes and he doesn’t adjust at all. When be hits the ball he does hit it hard. I just think there are others who are better. Glad to Liggett looking better. Riley on the other hand - same old inconsistent pitcher. Take the WKU game for 4 in a row and get ready for UVA.

Reactions: earsky
Earsky, I was there as well. I believe EKjr gets by on pure athletic ability. His baseball IQ appears to be low. Base stealing - he shouldn’t do this as he is has speed but not base stealing quickness. Defensive- He is acceptable but not above average. Offensively - He swings the same way every time. Two strikes and he doesn’t adjust at all. When be hits the ball he does hit it hard. I just think there are others who are better. Glad to Liggett looking better. Riley on the other hand - same old inconsistent pitcher. Take the WKU game for 4 in a row and get ready for UVA.
WKU just won a series over #8 Dallas Baptist this past weekend. That series loss dropped them to 15th. Also, the Cards bounced NCST out of the top 25. The Toppers will be a tough out.

Yeah just looks a lot like King is cruising,almost going three quarter speed.
That body language tells me he's not happy.
Jmo.

Reactions: Bardman
WKU just won a series over #8 Dallas Baptist this past weekend. That series loss dropped them to 15th. Also, the Cards bounced NCST out of the top 25. The Toppers will be a tough out.
Expecting a battle Royale

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT