ADVERTISEMENT

National Anthem this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly true. You posted words spoken by Franken and called it "synopsized wonderfully by Senator Al Franken" when he is actually more like a hypocritical idiot. Conservatives are 'like 4 year old kids' while liberals are 'grown ups.' That is condescending, arrogant, and frankly insulting. You only agree with his point of view because you believe it. No other reason.
And conversely, you only disagree with his point of view because you don’t believe it. No other reason.

I felt that the quote was appropriate to this conversation because many of those objecting to the protest are doing so in a visceral way due to their perception that because those protesters are kneeling during the anthem - they must not be patriotic or worse - not love America. That they continue to feel that way despite all of the first person accounting to the contrary - seems childlike and childish.

The difference is that children don’t have the capacity to understand nuance and process complex situations. Adults are unwilling to do so in many cases because it might mean they have to cede some of the moral high ground that they’ve staked out.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Cops lie and have been caught on videotape lying and planting evidence.
Police misconduct is almost uniformly ignored. This is one of the reasons for the protest.

Micheal Brown didn't kill anyone.
Stephen paddock on the other hand...........

If, for instance black lives matter, why do they keep killing each other?

Muhammed X said the most dangerous man in America was a black man with a library card. I haven't heard there was a sudden shortage of library cards because of overwhelming applications for them from NFL players.

Muhammed X was killed by guess who.

And conversely, you only disagree with his point of view because you don’t believe it. No other reason.

I felt that the quote was appropriate to this conversation because many of those objecting to the protest are doing so in a visceral way due to their perception that because those protesters are kneeling during the anthem - they must not be patriotic or worse - not love America. That they continue to feel that way despite all of the first person accounting to the contrary - seems childlike and childish.

The difference is that children don’t have the capacity to understand nuance and process complex situations. Adults are unwilling to do so in many cases because it might mean they have to cede some of the moral high ground that they’ve staked out.
Most do. I don't like it because of what I consider to be a BS cause. People are taking a few situations surrounding police and creating a narrative that is just false. The police aren't perfect, but then again none of us are, yet because they deal with criminals and have to shoot someone every now and then, people get bent out of shape over it. I don't see ANYONE getting angry about all the murders happening every damn night in our inner cities that have NOTHING to do with the police. Why the hell not? If people really want to 'protest' something worthwhile, then why not that? We have a REAL and serious issues on our hands with all the violence in the inner cities (mainly due to drugs) but not ONE single person wants to bend the knee for that issue. Instead they want to 'take a knee' to speak out against oppression that frankly doesn't exist. Oppression only exist for those who want to be oppressed. People use that excuse as a crutch as they hold their hand out wanting more for nothing.

I'm done with this senseless topic. Everyone can believe what they want. I will choose to do the same.

Umm - ok. Except there’s no “ideology” or calling anyone ignorant or uneducated discussed in my post or Franken’s quote. Only that liberals love America as much as conservatives.

The sooner both sides figure out neither one has a monopoly on that - the better off we’ll all be.
Starting your reply, “Umm -ok.” Says it all.

Sorry that triggered you and sent you to your safe space Snowflake.

Thanks for proving my point.

The NFL players are so stupid they don't know what they are doing. They are doing what is called a genuflect which is common in some churches. Of course, they didn't see it in a church.

I lied. Said I wasn’t posting anymore on this topic but saw something on a church marquee over the weekend. It said “Stand for the National Anthem and kneel at the Cross.”

You wake up. Stop being a mindless sheep.

See how that works?
i would think the mindless sheep are the Trumpanzies that stopped watching the NFL because their Liar in Chief told them to. If they even watched in the first place, i have to think most true NFL fans aren't going to listen to him. For instance would you quit watching UL sports if he told you to? I would tell him to to kiss my butt. And before anyone says "i ain't doing it because of Trump", This was a dead issue 4 weeks ago, there were maybe 3 guys kneeling if that, CK wasn't even with a team was he? Then Trump had his little rally (fire them sob's) in Alabama, now it is an issue of freedom of speech and to peacefully protest. So here we are with 100's of these guys standing up for the rights of all of us.

I lied. Said I wasn’t posting anymore on this topic but saw something on a church marquee over the weekend. It said “Stand for the National Anthem and kneel at the Cross.”
Another example why churches should not be tax exempt.

The NFL players are so stupid they don't know what they are doing. They are doing what is called a genuflect which is common in some churches. Of course, they didn't see it in a church.
Eatwood speaking from his vast experience of conversing with NFL players - lol. Perhaps they attend a church where it is not “common”?

Idiot.

i would think the mindless sheep are the Trumpanzies that stopped watching the NFL because their Liar in Chief told them to. If they even watched in the first place, i have to think most true NFL fans aren't going to listen to him. For instance would you quit watching UL sports if he told you to? I would tell him to to kiss my butt. And before anyone says "i ain't doing it because of Trump", This was a dead issue 4 weeks ago, there were maybe 3 guys kneeling if that, CK wasn't even with a team was he? Then Trump had his little rally (fire them sob's) in Alabama, now it is an issue of freedom of speech and to peacefully protest. So here we are with 100's of these guys standing up for the rights of all of us.
Not even sure why I'm responding but I guess it's because I have to set the record straight regarding why I'm not watching the NFL play any longer. It's not because of the kneeling. It's because of the reason for the kneeling. It is not a legitimate reason to protest in my very humble opinion so with that in mind, I chose to stop watching NFL games. That was last year while Kapernick was still in the league.

I really don't care if you believe that or not, but it is the truth. I respect everyone's right to peacefully protest. I reserve the right to agree or disagree with the action. In this case, I do not agree so I won't be watching. Period.

Translated - Runs with a little hipster posse that goes to the picnic but not to church.
That might have made sense within the context of your earlier ridiculous comment if I was an nfl player. As that’s not the case, it just makes you sound old and jealous. That’s no way to go through what’s left of your life eatwood.

I’ll pray for you - lol.

Not even sure why I'm responding but I guess it's because I have to set the record straight regarding why I'm not watching the NFL play any longer. It's not because of the kneeling. It's because of the reason for the kneeling. It is not a legitimate reason to protest in my very humble opinion so with that in mind, I chose to stop watching NFL games. That was last year while Kapernick was still in the league.

I really don't care if you believe that or not, but it is the truth. I respect everyone's right to peacefully protest. I reserve the right to agree or disagree with the action. In this case, I do not agree so I won't be watching. Period.
So, you stopped watching when there were only like 3-4 guys kneeling?

Glad you approve of Government misconduct.

Police brutality has long been a staple in minority communities in this country.
I don't know if you are naive, blind are unwilling to believe that many LEOs act above the law.

The Baltimore cop caught ON HIS OWN CAMERA planting a gun.
He'll get fired and move to another city to police.
If it wasn't for the camera, that suspect does 5 yrs. Has his gun rights resticted.
Life almost basically ruined.

Many claim to be offended by the so called disrespect to flag.
The Houston Astros player wearing an American flag speedo should be more offensive, yet
you won't boycott beisbol.

Teddy5 returns in 3 weeks. You're missing out on wonderful football.
By the way, I didn't like what Clint Eastwood said about President Obama. Yet I'm not going to boycott his movies.

Reactions: bloodguard13

Police brutality has long been a staple in minority communities in this country.
I don't know if you are naive, blind are unwilling to believe that many LEOs act above the law.

If it wasn't for the camera, that suspect does 5 yrs. Has his gun rights resticted.

The Houston Astros player wearing an American flag speedo should be more offensive, yet

By the way, I didn't like what Clint Eastwood said about President Obama. Yet I'm not going to boycott his movies.
The new thing for the Trumpanzies is "Cut the Cord" meaning no TV at all, lol. wouldn't that be funny if he convinced them all not to watch TV? What would happen to NASCAR and WWE? We could have another Jonestown in the making. Trumptown,

What point did you prove? Remember, I don’t have your intellect.
At no point did I say that you were ignorant or uneducated - those were your words.

The point of including the quote was to highlight how conservatives in many cases react to viewpoints that they don't like. Rather than discuss the merits of what I posted, you got all triggered by me beginning the post with the words "Umm - ok".

What's offensive about that? And better yet, what is the "all" that you reference it says?

Kerry of course there are incidences of that crap. There are bad cops out there. Not saying there isn't. All I'm saying is compared to the insane amount of murders and other violent acts going on all over the place and especially in the inner cities, it's minuscule in comparison. There are 350 MILLION people living in this country. So far this year, a total under 800 people have been killed by police officers. Even if every single shooting was unjustified, it still wouldn't be as disturbing as the over 13,000 that have been murdered to date. It wouldn't be as disturbing as the 2200+ who simply starved to death in this country so far this year. Do you see where this is going?

LOOK at the raw data and then please enlighten me why I should be so outraged over some bad cops more than some people starving to death or simply killing each other? We got issues in this country. I know that, but police oppressing black people or anyone of any ethnic background is way the hell down on the list in importance to me. The police who are should be held accountable. People who allow other people to starve to death should be too. Where is the protest for that Kerry?

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

I'm done with this stupid ass topic. It's just isn't worthy of my time any longer.

At no point did I say that you were ignorant or uneducated - those were your words.

The point of including the quote was to highlight how conservatives in many cases react to viewpoints that they don't like. Rather than discuss the merits of what I posted, you got all triggered by me beginning the post with the words "Umm - ok".

What's offensive about that? And better yet, what is the "all" that you reference it says?
That you are a condescending and arrogant. You couldn’t understand that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT