ADVERTISEMENT

My Coaches wish list

God Lord back to Jurich. No wonder we aren’t moving forward. Mack was Jurich guy as well.

Very few people have said Louisville was going to better of without Jurich but carry on.
We don't know Mack was Jurich's guy. We know what we have been told.

And my experience is that most of the "telling" is by people who are trying to justify the mistake of hiring Mack. Keep in mind these are the same people who a decade later blame Jurich for hiring K-rag, who was the next up-and-comer in 2006. Yet, Jurich gets the blame for that hire as he should.

Mack was a clown show hire, and they get 100% of the credit. LOL!

You're also not simply "carrying on"... Acting like this is as simple as putting blinders on--and the past in the past--is like saying we can start out on our thousand-mile journey with three wheels on the car. We ain't out of the driveway yet, nor are we gonna be for a looooooong time.

As @KozmasAgain describes, we're all partcipants in a $hit$how. Filling a job ain't fixing that...

Last edited:
Reactions: KozmasAgain
But Zipp a lot of our fans on here think we are better off that Jurich is gone. I talked to a Memphis fan today and he said he has never seen Louisville look so bad and fall so far in his lifetime. He is 72 years old and he can‘t believe we fired Jurich he wants Memphis to try and hire him. He said Jurich built Louisville up with everything being new and bigger and better than everyone else. When I told him some of our fans though it was a good idea to get rid of him he didn’t have anything good to say about them. He used terms like idiots, stupid and moron and more.
Let them hire him then.

Jeff Greer who seems to be pretty tapped in mentioned the 2 names have came back up Willard and Murray State coach. He also said Louisville was pleasantly surprised by how interested coaches were despite all the factors. I would say Willard and the Murray State coach are option B and maybe C. Why would they come back up?

I think Willard and Murray State coach are both good. Murray State coach is really good. Like Payne could be a rock star.
If it’s between M.McMahon and K.Willard I’d take McMahon! He very well could be that young(43yrs)up & coming HC that everyone is looking fo, and if he can spot talent like Ja Morant I’m all for it!

Last edited:
This is a little dated but I think it is close to being accurate.
If he is even the least bit interested then we should jump at the chance! Not that it ended well but we brought Petrino back after he left like a thief in the night

I say fire everybody who is against bringing Jurich back including the BOT and bring him back and put him in charge. Better yet make him in charge of the BOT and let him fire all those idiots.

Reactions: zipp
Until U of L's leadership changes--like the AD--you're just pi$$ing around with coaching hires. It relates to the relevancy of threads like this one.

Coaches are basically hired guns who don't worry about mission statements, long term strategy, culture, and politics. Those are our biggest problems whether or not the average fan recognizes it...

Crypt Keeper stunt double Tim Sullivan is using his best clickbait moves to suggest that Jay Wright is on UofL’s radar screen. Highlighted the fact that Heird skipped the Louisville - Virginia game to travel to the Villanova game.

Honestly I feel a little silly even posting this as there is zero chance he’s leaving Nova to come here.

Crypt Keeper stunt double Tim Sullivan is using his best clickbait moves to suggest that Jay Wright is on UofL’s radar screen. Highlighted the fact that Heird skipped the Louisville - Virginia game to travel to the Villanova game.

Honestly I feel a little silly even posting this as there is zero chance he’s leaving Nova to come here.
Whoa…..that’s a bit interesting. Supposedly Josh and Jay are close so I wonder if he may be picking Jay’s brain. Of course, Josh shouldn’t have to travel to a game to do that.
Do you have a link to the Crypt Keeper’s article?

Found it on Twitter but don’t know how to link it. The tweet from around 3:00 PM says that as of 45 minutes prior to his tweet, Josh is still there.

Cant wait till Payne gets this job . People showing their their true colors just saying
Sorry, simply cannot get behind Kenny Payne for head coach. No enough confidence in him being able to handle the unbelievable pressure that comes with coaching UL MBB these days. We need someone that can exude confidence, stay positive no matter what and block out all the noise that comes from idiots like Matt Jones, Dan Issel and Jerry Eaves.

Until U of L's leadership changes--like the AD--you're just pi$$ing around with coaching hires. It relates to the relevancy of threads like this one.

Coaches are basically hired guns who don't worry about mission statements, long term strategy, culture, and politics. Those are our biggest problems whether or not the average fan recognizes it...
Do you think that UofL will try to hire a full time AD before a HC? Or do you think they’re on the hunt for the HC and then will go after a full time AD afterward?

Having an interim AD making the decision on the next Men’s BB HC, in the absence of a permanent AD and President ……. serves as a recipe for nothing more than another temporary “band-aid” on our basketball program.

Having an interim AD making the decision on the next Men’s BB HC, in the absence of a permanent AD and President ……. serves as a recipe for nothing more than another temporary “band-aid” on our basketball program.

I will be shocked if Heird doesn’t become permanent AD. He has a broad base of support and he is one of the most driven people you’d ever meet.

I will be shocked if Heird doesn’t become permanent AD. He has a broad base of support and he is one of the most driven people you’d ever meet.
Heird seems like an alright guy so far. If he can make a good, solid hire for our BB coach then I'll definitely be more behind him becoming the permanent AD.

If clowns are still firmly in control--I'll believe differently when I see it--Heird is a viable AD candidate and maybe the favorite. And unless he pulls off a miracle like hiring Jay Wright, U of L's problems will continue. Esp. financially which recognized or not is our most significant problem.

Barring someone on the level of Wright, it doesn't really matter who the next basketball coach is gonna be. You don't put out the typical dumpster fire by throwing in a bucket of water. The dumpster fire itself should be our focus...

Who has the final word on the HC hire? Did they give the authority to Josh H?
Former players are on the committee to hire a permanent AD so in order to score his gig and do what the dollars want him to do is he will hire their guy KP. Houston and Griff at the tournament and the fact he reached out to Butch Beard screams KP to Louisville. Which I think will turn out awesome.

Curious, with all the openings, that Kenny isn't on anybody else's list but ours. Especially since you could hire him before the tournament.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Mark my words, this time next week we will be talking about Henderson at S. Dakota St. They will beat Providence and Iowa to be in the Sweet 16. Him and Murray St. coach have to be the backup plan.

First of all; Kenny Payne is a fine young man, and this is never been about him personally. I doubt Kenny has ever been a serious college head coaching candidate, and given his tenure at UK under Calipari, that in itself should raise a lot of questions as to his qualifications.

Red is obviously all in for KP, and he is not alone. However, here is my question ……what if he is hired but cannot attract any of the 5 Star talent that UK has enjoyed over the Cal/WWWes/Nike era? How does UL move on from there, as any and all expectations assigned to KP, is predicated on his recruiting at a level well beyond what we have witnessed over these last 10 years or so?

At least be honest, do you see any evidence at all that he can actually coach at this level?

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT