ADVERTISEMENT

Mods why is cardLaw allowed to post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh ... genius ... there is no such thing as a "lie of admission". There is something called a "lie of omission" and you cannot find anywhere a post I made stating I committed such a thing. Joining the ranks of the strangers to truth telling?

You know I don't mind the insults. But I would prefer they come from someone a bit more intellectually gifted than you, gocds, jerk and louise. At least then they would be more clever.
Uhh... genius... I was referring to Saban lying and your statement about his press conference denials - "If that makes it a lie of omission then so be it".

Voice recognition has come a long way but it's certainly not infallible - not concerned terribly that it captured it as 'admission' rather than 'omission' but, I went back and changed it for you. Such a shame, hate to take away your big victory on your cross - lol.

Reactions: Red Rager
Alabama athletics and virtues:

Key dates for Alabama’s NCAA run-ins since 1993:

January 1993: Led by coach Gene Stallings, Alabama defeats Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to finish 13-0 and win the 1992 national championship, the school’s first since Bear Bryant’s last in 1979. Early the next morning, star defensive back Antonio Langham signs with a sports agent, but the underclassman decides to stay at Alabama.

September 1994: NCAA delivers official letter of inquiry accusing Alabama of rules violations under Stallings, including allowing Langham to play during the 1993 season and lack of institutional control.

August 1995: In its first-ever NCAA penalty for rules violations, Alabama is placed on probation for three years, banned from a bowl appearance, ordered to give up 26 scholarships over three years and forced to foreit eight victories from 1993.

November 1995: NCAA appeals committee sides with Alabama, lifting one year of probation and restoring nine scholarships.

May 1996: NCAA strips the football program of one scholarship for failing to disclose player loans that were guaranteed by a Birmingham tire and wheel dealer.

November 1996: NCAA Infractions Committee admits making a major mistake in its handling of the Langham case, publicly apologizes to a school official wrongly accused of ethical lapse. Stallings retires days later, setting the stage for the hiring of defensive coordinator Mike DuBose as head coach.

February 1999: Alabama avoids NCAA sanctions following claims a former assistant basketball coach, Tyrone Beaman, tried to create a slush fund for recruits. NCAA warns severe penalties could result from any violations over the next five years.

May 1999 — Head coach Mike DuBose holds a news conference to deny rumors of improper conduct with a former secretary. DuBose later admits his denial was misleading and the school pays $360,000 to settle the woman’s sexual harassment claim.

December 1999 — DuBose receives two-year contract extension after Alabama beats Florida 34-7 to win its first Southeastern Conference football title since 1992.

November 2000: DuBose resigns and coaches his last game, a 9-0 loss to Auburn that caps a 3-8 year, Alabama’s worst season in more than four decades.

December 2000: TCU coach Dennis Franchione accepts the Alabama job after other high-profile candidates withdraw from consideration.

January 2001: Following days of rumors posted on Internet chat rooms, a newspaper in Memphis, Tenn., The Commercial Appeal, reports that a Crimson Tide booster is said to have paid a high school coach $200,000 to steer a top recruit, Albert Means, to Alabama.

February 2001: Alabama receives a preliminary letter of inquiry from the NCAA.

August 2001: Federal grand jurors in Memphis indict former Trezevant High School head coach Lynn Lang and former assistant Milton Kirk on charges of trying to sell Means to seven schools.

Sept. 6, 2001: Eight days later, Alabama receives official notice of alleged rules violations from NCAA.

Feb. 2, 2002: Alabama football receives five years probation, including a two-year postseason ban, because of a recruiting scandal in which boosters were accused of paying money for prep players.

Oct. 17, 2007: University bookstore employee discovers questionable textbook charges by women’s track and field athlete, prompting internal investigation.

Feb. 20, 2009: Alabama appears before NCAA Committee on Infractions.

June 11, 2009: The NCAA places 16 athletic programs, including football and men’s basketball, on three years of probation for misuse of free textbooks student athletes obtained for others using their scholarships.

Reactions: OmegaCard and gocds
This is not necessarily a defense of Cardlaw but I don't think we need to ban all fans who disagree with you or the decisions that the AD is making. Most of us care about the athletic dept. and invest our money in it. Why should we not be allowed to voice our opinions on what it's doing? Does just following what the director and coaches say make you a better fan?

I've taken plenty of heat on UofL message boards because I'm not Petrino's biggest fan. I didn't want him back. Its gotten somewhat better that we are winning but i still don't really like him. He did a lot of unsavory things and there are plenty of people that don't like it. Just because Jurich forgave him does not mean that all fans need to.

If everybody followed the trust the whoever moniker that is being pushed now, how long would Krags have lasted? Nobody was saying just trust the coach then.

Uhh... genius... I was referring to Saban lying and your statement about his press conference denials - "If that makes it a lie of omission then so be it".

Voice recognition has come a long way but it's certainly not infallible - not concerned terribly that it captured it as 'admission' rather than 'omission' but, I went back and changed it for you. Such a shame, hate to take away your big victory on your cross - lol.

Oh, so you changed it after I corrected you. Nice.

So let's run this down:

I said at worst Saban committed a "lie of omission". I also challenged the lying gocds to prove the status of the UA/Saban negotiations as of that date. He didn't. Hence, he is a liar.

You then used that to state I (not Saban, I) was an exposed liar. But it had nothing to do with anything I may have said. Hence, you too are a liar.

Oh, and then after you totally screwed it up, I corrected you, and you explain it away as "voice recognition". Right. Sure. You are now exposed as the liar. And we should believe your excuse, why?

Sorry to take away your "big victory".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT