ADVERTISEMENT

Mods why is cardLaw allowed to post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you have to do is bring intelligent conversation to their board and you get banned. Don't take it personal we all have been banned over there.
Seriously, I NEVER say anything disrespectful. I just told them that they have not beaten anyone and how the East is atrocious, or something to that extent and boom...banned. Is Kim jong un running the boards over there ?

I have witnessed a phenomena where a loyal UL poster finds himself defending a particular UL Administrator, UL coach, particular UL player and in some instances another UL fan who is posting an opinion that is either controversial or just contradictory to the majority. I do not know Card Law, and my post is not so much directed to his participation on this site.

I witnessed some of this when there was a small QB controversy last year between Reggie, Kyle and Lamar. Rather than confine the discussion to opinions about who might be best suited to run our offense last season .........it got rather personal against Kyle, and it prompted those who believed Kyle had been overshadowed by McGee's infatuation with Reggie, to become more upset with other UL fans who attacked Kyle rather than just supporting Reggie.

I knew Steve Kragthorpe, and while history confirms that his departure was both predictable and justified based on the team performance ...............he is a very fine person who did not deserve the personal insults ..........all of which would translate into angering those who respected CSK as a person. I know a lot of UL fans who knew and liked Steve a lot, who have a very tentative level of support for UL now as a result of the personal attacks directed against Steve.

Think about this for a moment ...........the hatred towards UK that so many of us UL fans have is far more directed to UK fans that say and act like idiots than it is towards their players and coaches.............unfortunately there are UL fans who exhibit the same qualities and might explain how a over-zealous UL fan can say things that are insulting to a fan like Card Law.

Reactions: gocards1987
So was there any mention of ties to Bama back then? Or is this guy the definition of a bandwagon Bama football fan?

As long as I've known him, he's consistently mentioned that he likes the Alabama football program.

Definitely a UofL football fan, though. He's just realistic and rational about his fandom to an extreme level. It has often been my impression of CardLaw that whenever UofL football accomplishes something extraordinary, he prefers to downplay it so as not to seem like a "homer".

I'm okay with that, but if you're not used to it or you are new to it, it can be off-putting.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
As long as I've known him, he's consistently mentioned that he likes the Alabama football program.

Definitely a UofL football fan, though. He's just realistic and rational about his fandom to an extreme level. It has often been my impression of CardLaw that whenever UofL football accomplishes something extraordinary, he prefers to downplay it so as not to seem like a "homer".

I'm okay with that, but if you're not used to it or you are new to it, it can be off-putting.
He is no Louisville fan

Unless someone has hi-jacked his account, he most definitely is a Louisville fan.
Then why does he always passive aggressively down our program at every opportunity he gets especially when we're doing good like right now?

Where was this guy at when we lost three in a row to start the season last year

Per his own admission, he is a former Louisville fan due to us rehiring Petrino.

Ahh. Well that may be - I had not seen him post that sentiment. I do understand that viewpoint, because I have two friends who are proud UofL alums who were also not happy about Petrino's rehiring. One expressed to me that he would not follow UofL football or basketball until Petrino or Pitino are gone. I do not think he has changed his stance. The other has never had any problem with Pitino as our basketball coach, and he has been won back over by Petrino's results this year.

If CardLaw truly is a former Cards football fan for that reason, then by all means he should be treated like any other non-fan and banned the next time he purposely hi-jacks a thread.

Ah Hah!! So,he'd rather see Petrino on the outside of this equation for a playoff spot,not UofL.This won't work out too well,I think.If he truly is a fan of The University,he will have to get past it,like a lot of others.

I'm sensitive to the view that certain posters need to be reined in based on how some of them post. But I'm not generally in support of banning people while we can try to self police. My experience is that posters eventually show their true colors, and they seldom hang around if everyone else starts ganging up on them. Not true in all cases, but generally it is.

I know that many of you have had your issues with Cardlaw, but I really can't recall one that I've had. He will usually debate me on point and accept it in return without getting personal--which is often difficult with me.

Kinda hard to understand how a guy with "card" in his name didn't at least start out a Card fan to some degree. Maybe he got sideways with you guys on an issue which drove him to an extreme--like me and the arena debate. That situation will force a person to take a role that's not necessarily their POV at the outset. When you're the only guy on one side of a debate, funny stuff can happen. I love U of L basketball, I don't dislike the arena, I just hate the financials. And that stuff can get blurred when you deal with crazy comments like "you must be an LPT fan."

Unless an obvious poser's involved, I'm OK giving anyone named "___card___" a longer leash... :)

I do not like CL's opinions but I do not want him banned. Banning him would put us in "their" company and by any measure that stinks. If he is willing to defend his positions then I would think he would be welcome here. I disagree with him 99% of the time and he is easy to discredit as I don't find him to be very intelligent so yes I think it's fun having him here to kick around. He does not like Pitino OR Petrino as I think he has a thing about guys that cheat on their spouses not giving any credit for God's forgiveness nor their family and friends. Kinda sounds like a bunch of cayut fans.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: zipp
I was banned for several years because I was critical of Kragthorpe's coaching in a post. I think the ban went away when Rivals changed its format whenever that was.

I was banned for several years because I was critical of Kragthorpe's coaching in a post. I think the ban went away when Rivals changed its format whenever that was.
I was banned for criticizing Pitino and his recruiting a couple years ago but the ukbama fan can just hang around and flame all day smh

Reactions: wilkie01
Wow haven't posted here in a lonnnnnng time. Funny how I remember these names.

I remember this guy being one of the ultimate trolls who hated Petrino and would defend Kragthorpe at every point. Although, even the mods here at the time were like that, this was even worse. I thought it was pretty obvious even then the motivations of someone like that. They either have some irrational hate of a coach for no reason, or aren't even a fan.

I also remember constant 'no way the arena is being built, it's horrible, funding will be dead, etc' from someone. What ever happened to that guy?

Wow haven't posted here in a lonnnnnng time. Funny how I remember these names.

I remember this guy being one of the ultimate trolls who hated Petrino and would defend Kragthorpe at every point. Although, even the mods here at the time were like that, this was even worse. I thought it was pretty obvious even then the motivations of someone like that. They either have some irrational hate of a coach for no reason, or aren't even a fan.

I also remember constant 'no way the arena is being built, it's horrible, funding will be dead, etc' from someone. What ever happened to that guy?
What name did you previously post under

What name did you previously post under

I don't even remember exactly. I've pretty much avoided all message boards for the most part for a while. Although they're quick to post news, but they're always negative. It's lucky we're doing so well this season, they would be intolerable to look at. I don't remember your name, for some reason I only remember the goofiness that a lot of people start. I guess there's a couple like that on any forum though.

...I also remember constant 'no way the arena is being built, it's horrible, funding will be dead, etc' from someone. What ever happened to that guy?
I underestimated the stupidity of mankind. Now I all I have to console myself with is a $400 million bankruptcy I-told-you-so.

Jim Host At-Least-We-Talked-Idiots-Into Writing-Checks Arena

I underestimated the stupidity of mankind. Now I all I have to console myself with is a $400 million bankruptcy I-told-you-so...

Oh so it was you? LOL. The funny thing about government is they can raise money when needed, that's what wasn't understood when it was built. The debt on the arena looks like a K-Mart layaway compared to the new bridges equivalent of five mortgages.

Maybe the state won't like it, and maybe people won't like it, but there will still continue to be a way to run it, via either taxes or cuts. And if on the off chance it does default and creditors take it over, then U of L will just build an on campus arena. Either way, it's fine and I don't care. :p

Oh so it was you? LOL. The funny thing about government is they can raise money when needed, that's what wasn't understood when it was built. The debt on the arena looks like a K-Mart layaway compared to the new bridges equivalent of five mortgages.

Maybe the state won't like it, and maybe people won't like it, but there will still continue to be a way to run it, via either taxes or cuts. And if on the off chance it does default and creditors take it over, then U of L will just build an on campus arena. Either way, it's fine and I don't care. :p
That new bridge is shitty imo

I do not like CL's opinions but I do not want him banned. Banning him would put us in "their" company and by any measure that stinks. If he is willing to defend his positions then I would think he would be welcome here. I disagree with him 99% of the time and he is easy to discredit as I don't find him to be very intelligent so yes I think it's fun having him here to kick around. He does not like Pitino OR Petrino as I think he has a thing about guys that cheat on their spouses not giving any credit for God's forgiveness nor their family and friends. Kinda sounds like a bunch of cayut fans.

Gee, that's not at all self-serving. I may or may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. But where I come from, if someone steals from you we don't turn around and hand them a key to our house. That level of common sense seems to be beyond the intellectual capacity of some. Don't get me wrong. If they ask and are contrite, we'll forgive them. But we are not stupid enough to ever trust them again.

You should if you are a UofL fan. They city won't leave the arena without a tenant, so they will go get an NBA team to fill it. That giant sucking sound you hear is the NBA team siphoning off the UofL athletic department's corporate support.

And now you know why Jim Host led the effort to build it, and also why he set up the financials to only work with an NBA team there.

Reactions: zipp
You should if you are a UofL fan. They city won't leave the arena without a tenant, so they will go get an NBA team to fill it. That giant sucking sound you hear is the NBA team siphoning off the UofL athletic department's corporate support.

And now you know why Jim Host led the effort to build it, and also why he set up the financials to only work with an NBA team there.
I couldn't have said this better myself (although I undoubtedly have tried!)

It is unbelievably shortsighted to simply conclude "it's built, there are bigger mistakes, and the solution is taxpayers paying for it". Those arguments fail at too many levels to start debating in a non-arena thread.

If someone wants to start another one of those threads, feel free to. And I promise to jump in... :cool:

Gee, that's not at all self-serving. I may or may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. But where I come from, if someone steals from you we don't turn around and hand them a key to our house. That level of common sense seems to be beyond the intellectual capacity of some. Don't get me wrong. If they ask and are contrite, we'll forgive them. But we are not stupid enough to ever trust them again.
Poor guy. Sometimes the truth hurts.

There's a Freudian slip - a petrino supporter using the phrase "the truth". Interesting that came to your mind.

We didn't hire him to speak the truth, CardLaw. We hired him to fill that stadium and win a national championship. He's accomplishing that first goal better than any coach we've ever had. Come to think of it, he's gotten us closer to the second goal TWICE now than any coach we've ever had.

There's a good lesson in that for all of us.... Stick to sh!t you're good at.

I couldn't have said this better myself (although I undoubtedly have tried!)

It is unbelievably shortsighted to simply conclude "it's built, there are bigger mistakes, and the solution is taxpayers paying for it". Those arguments fail at too many levels to start debating in a non-arena thread.

If someone wants to start another one of those threads, feel free to. And I promise to jump in... :cool:

See? I actually do read your posts!

We didn't hire him to speak the truth, CardLaw. We hired him to fill that stadium and win a national championship. He's accomplishing that first goal better than any coach we've ever had. Come to think of it, he's gotten us closer to the second goal TWICE now than any coach we've ever had.

There's a good lesson in that for all of us.... Stick to sh!t you're good at.

It is not my problem, Pushup. I don't have to worry about my kids thinking that dishonesty is acceptable as long as you win.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I can find a U of L coach in the men's revenue programs who didn't have an issue if I put each under a microscope. And that dates way back.

Is that an indictment of the guy who hired most of them? I kinda doubt it. More an indictment of people generally, or at least men. If coaches as role models is the debate generally, I guess it has merit. But that's not what this thread is about...

It's real nice that you believe in 2nd chances. As in the 2nd chance Saban got from Alabama when he blatantly lied to the Miami Dolphins about not taking the Alabama job. A lie is a lie is a lie. I wonder if that lie resonates with the Dolphin faithful. Your judgemental attitude is predictable. And also your phony excuses for not liking Coaches Pitino and Petrino. I, for one, think 2nd chances are a good thing and are part and parcel of being a believer in the Judeo/Christian belief ethic. But you go right ahead and be a judgemental jerk - it's what's expected from you.

Jurich forgave and allowed CBP to build back trust, I wonder why you refuse to do the same?

Jurich forgave and allowed CBP to build back trust, I wonder why you refuse to do the same?

I give people second chances all the time. But when it comes to dishonesty, I have never even granted a hearing. People make mistakes. Dishonesty is not a mistake - it is intentional I use theft analogously because it is easy to visualize. The only way for them to prove they won't steal again is to not steal again. But why would anyone give them the keys to their home to prove it? Of course, if it were in my interest and I was less than honorable, I might be willing to give them the keys to someone else's house. Not that that happened here.

As in the 2nd chance Saban got from Alabama when he blatantly lied to the Miami Dolphins about not taking the Alabama job. A lie is a lie is a lie. I wonder if that lie resonates with the Dolphin faithful. ... But you go right ahead and be a judgemental jerk - it's what's expected from you.

Except there is no evidence that ever happened. It is just an internet meme. Saban was asked in a weekly press conference about rumors of him taking the Alabama job about a month before he did take it. He said he was not taking it. It is what ALL coaches say when asked about other jobs. At the time he said it, it was most likely true. But there is zero evidence I am aware of the Dolphins organization was ever in the dark. But, since I was not privy to all the discussions, I don't want to be a judgmental jerk, like some.

Were you part of those discussions?

I give people second chances all the time. But when it comes to dishonesty, I have never even granted a hearing. People make mistakes. Dishonesty is not a mistake - it is intentional I use theft analogously because it is easy to visualize. The only way for them to prove they won't steal again is to not steal again. But why would anyone give them the keys to their home to prove it? Of course, if it were in my interest and I was less than honorable, I might be willing to give them the keys to someone else's house. Not that that happened here.
To use your analogy, you don't manage the house, Jurich does, you just stay there; if he thinks it's safe to give the house keys back to CBP then why do you think it is wise to voice your displeasure to the rest of the residents? It serves no purpose other than creating discontent among the household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT