ADVERTISEMENT

Mick Cronin

The thing that confuses me the most with the Mick Cronin buzz is if we’re able to afford a $16m buyout + probably $5m annual salary, then shouldn’t we be aiming a lot higher? I get that there’s allegedly a loophole in his contract, but that loop hole better be very clear because no way UCLA is giving up $16m without a fight and lawyers fees can add up quick. With that amount of money, pretty much every coach in the country (except for the 5 or 6 big dogs) should be on the table. I’m not sure what Scott Drew’s buyout is, but it’s probably not even half of Mick Cronin’s, and if we have all that money then it should be an easy hire cause we could afford to start him at $7m year.

The thing that confuses me the most with the Mick Cronin buzz is if we’re able to afford a $16m buyout + probably $5m annual salary, then shouldn’t we be aiming a lot higher? I get that there’s allegedly a loophole in his contract, but that loop hole better be very clear because no way UCLA is giving up $16m without a fight and lawyers fees can add up quick. With that amount of money, pretty much every coach in the country (except for the 5 or 6 big dogs) should be on the table. I’m not sure what Scott Drew’s buyout is, but it’s probably not even half of Mick Cronin’s, and if we have all that money then it should be an easy hire cause we could afford to start him at $7m year.
Agreed. If UofL has the money for that buyout then get someone better than Mick.

Cbs No GIF by HULU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT