ADVERTISEMENT

MELTDOWN Gonna Happen . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
Harris chooses Alabama! A big blow nation meltdown coming any moment.
tongue.r191677.gif
The proper decision for the young man and I wish him nothing but the best.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I see some SuCkS fans are over here, for our reaction LOL.

As if Harris truly considered the 9-27 cayuts the last 3 years.
Reverse the sport. Harris a 5 star point guard from the state
of Alabama. Final two, bama or SuCkS........

Of course there's a thread of the 'Terrance jones' scenario.
SuCkS fans, and probably coaches will harass him until
signing day. Or the one who said he'll be buried on the
depth chart. Hi marcus lee.

Also like he would make that much of a difference. Nope.
Coach stoopID will realize that he cant win and move on,
or gets fired like the rest.

But Stoops visited one of his games in a helicopter and everything. I remember the Big Blowhard Media making a huge deal about it. What a bunch of losers.

Twitter is pretty funny right now. A pastor jus called him a FN disgrace. They are collectively loosing it. If you are not familiar with Twitter just go on and hit the search tab an enter #BBN. Sad and Funny at the same time.

Had Harris chosen SuCkS over Bama, that would be akin to choosing

Roseanne barr over Heidi Klum

honey boo boo's mom over Jennifer lopez

Rupaul over Jennifer Anniston

I guess they're a little bitchy over on their board right now, I was going to post on an unrelated topic (bashing our transfers) and found out I'm banned. Boy you talking about a wussy site!

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
I see some SuCkS fans are over here, for our reaction LOL.

As if Harris truly considered the 9-27 cayuts the last 3 years.
Reverse the sport. Harris a 5 star point guard from the state
of Alabama. Final two, bama or SuCkS........

Of course there's a thread of the 'Terrance jones' scenario.
SuCkS fans, and probably coaches will harass him until
signing day. Or the one who said he'll be buried on the
depth chart. Hi marcus lee.

Also like he would make that much of a difference. Nope.
Coach stoopID will realize that he cant win and move on,
or gets fired like the rest.
Alabama basketball has a much much better history than Cayut football. So, while similar, it isn't the same. It would be like a 5* PG from Pocatello, Idaho choosing U of Idaho over U uh K.

Lots of "we're so loaded at running back that we don't need him" posts too. Most delusional, dumbest fans anywhere.
This post was edited on 1/9 3:48 PM by CardFan1130

Thought that you were kidding about the meltdown since it's been an open secret that he was leaning strongly towards Alabama over the past few weeks.
But it is seriously bad right now. Even simple posts wishing the young man success are getting ripped apart. Very sad.

The repeated theme that gets my attention is the one that says Alabama doesn't prepare you any better for the NFL; it's just that they get better recruits. Was going to suggest that they post that logic on the basketball board b/c that is the Calipari mantra but the wound is too deep to post logically right now.

FWIW, Alabama football is the equivalent of UK basketball. Both passionate fan bases with a large portion that are rural and/or never attended that college but both schools are dominant in their particular sport. If these are the only two choices, prime football recruits are usually going to pick Alabama over UK and prime basketball recruits will do the opposite.

WOW..... is all I can say. It truly is a UK MELTDOWN. just over a college football recruit. Did UK fans really think he was going to go there and waste his time. MATT ELAM, was the last 5 star recruit to play for UK, and I am sure he is regretting ever minute of it.
Look in the mirror UK FANS.......................you are the bottom of the SEC conference in football. Always have and always will be.

UL might not get the top recruits, but we make make the BEST out of the 3 star recruits that we get. : )

GO CARDS!!!

Hopefully he gets to play against uk at least one time in his college career. I can only imagine the yardage he would rack up against that swiss cheese defense.

Originally posted by etowncatfan:
Let's see....he was choosing from Alabama,Ohio State, and UK.....................UL never got a look.
You waited 18 and a half hours to post that crap. You stopped crying and unfriending
Harris rite.

Loser.

Yeah, we took a pass on him; however, if he had show some interest we would have been right there. But just remember this; he passed on uakay which was a 30 minute ride for him and his mother. What a recruiting beatdown!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Let's see....he was choosing from Alabama,Ohio State, and UK.....................UL never got a look.
Another moral victory for you guys, that's what you guys live for.

You waited 18 and a half hours to post that crap. You stopped crying and unfriending
Harris rite.

Loser.
Not a loser ....just stating a fact. I came over here and I see you have 5 or 6 threads on Harris. Almost as many as the UK site.

Originally posted by Umlusa:
Matt Elam was a 3 star...
Elam was a three star on this site, but was a four star o two other sites, and a five star on another.

Losing Harris sucks. I was pretty confident up until about two days before the announcement that UK was going to land him. Stoops recruited the kid the way a five star in-state kid had to be recruited by UK. Missing on Harris was definitely a blow for momentum in finishing out this class. And, while losing out on a kid of his talents is always a letdown, at the least it was at a position where UK has both quality players and depth.

Also, Stoops is 2-3 going against Saban head to head for recruits. Not too shabby I'd say.

Harris rite.

Loser.
Not a loser ....just stating a fact. I came over here and I see you have 5 or 6 threads on Harris. Almost as many as the UK site.
There are 3 threads about Harris on this board, but why use factual numbers? You have fans challenging the kid to a fight on Twitter, nothing you can spin to change that...and yesterday I was banned from your board even though I've always been courteous over there the few times that I've posted.

And for any UK fan who thinks we are laughing because he chose Bama, you are wrong, we are laughing at the way your fanbase is reacting. Kentucky fans always claim that all of the OAD's in basketball fans are making good business decisions by going to UK, it is a better and safer decision to choose to be protected by Alabama's OL than uk's for any rb and that isn't close.

Elam is nothing special so far and if anything should have been redshirted. He would have at Alabama or UL. Is that Stoop's motto. come here and no matter if you are ready to play or not you will play we will see to that. He thought he was cute and funny when he invited Charlie down to recruit him and he wore his UK shirt. I admire Damien for making his pick he did the right thing. Elam did not have the balls to go elsewhere. After seeing Damien pull the trigger for the tide he is probably thinking why in the heck didn't i do that.

Thje best way to tell that they are in total shock is, there's only two over here trying to spin. (not Counting WWW who's here more than there)

They are laying low in the fetal position right now while having nightmares of their FB future heading further ..
flush.r191677.gif

What has upset most fans is not Damien's decision, as much as it is him saying he knew in November he was going to Bama. They feel he led the coaching staff on some to get the perks like Basketball tickets. Also has hurt the staff in getting a running back in this class since they went all in on Harris. Had they known the first of November like he states they could have started recruiting another back. I am just glad it was the running back position for we have 3 or 4 backs already,but he would have been special.

Had Harris chosen SuCkS over Bama, that would be akin to choosing

Roseanne barr over Heidi Klum

honey boo boo's mom over Jennifer lopez

Rupaul over Jennifer Anniston
Ashley Judd over Jennifer Lawrence.

What has upset most fans is not Damien's decision, as much as it is him saying he knew in November he was going to Bama. They feel he led the coaching staff on some to get the perks like Basketball tickets. Also has hurt the staff in getting a running back in this class since they went all in on Harris. Had they known the first of November like he states they could have started recruiting another back. I am just glad it was the running back position for we have 3 or 4 backs already,but he would have been special.
Why stop the flow of free stuff from uk when he can fleece you for two more months?

Originally posted by conversely:
Why stop the flow of free stuff from uk when he can fleece you for two more months?
I guess I should expect this attitude from a UL fan!

Here's my take. A football player the caliber of Harris kept a football program the caliber of Kentucky in the recruiting mix until announcement day. IMO, THAT was a genuine gesture of his positive feelings for the UK program and staff. He left the door open until the end for UK. Instead of having to say, "we didn't make the final list for the local kid considered the #1 RB in the country", the UK staff get to say "WE were there until the very end, against Alabama, for the #1 RB in the country". Instead of being crucified for committing to Alabama, Damien Harris SHOULD be shown genuine appreciation for allowing UK and staff to continue to make their case til the end. THAT is a feather is UK's recruiting cap that I'm confident the staff realize and appreciate, whether the fans can see the bigger picture or not.

What has upset most fans is not Damien's decision, as much as it is him saying he knew in November he was going to Bama. They feel he led the coaching staff on some to get the perks like Basketball tickets. Also has hurt the staff in getting a running back in this class since they went all in on Harris. Had they known the first of November like he states they could have started recruiting another back...Have heard this contrived argument time and again the last 24 hours from spurned LPT fans. My question... How do you know he misled the LPT coaches? How do you know he didn't tell the LPT coaches that he was leaning toward Bama in November? How do you know that your coaches didn't continue trying to recruit him in the hopes that he would change his mind? In fact, you should be disappointed in your coaches if they did NOT continue trying to recruit him.

So how do you know any of that was or wasn't true? Go ahead and speak for your entire fanbase.

LPT Football: Our fans usually don't know jack...

Originally posted by zipp:
What has upset most fans is not Damien's decision, as much as it is him saying he knew in November he was going to Bama. They feel he led the coaching staff on some to get the perks like Basketball tickets. Also has hurt the staff in getting a running back in this class since they went all in on Harris. Had they known the first of November like he states they could have started recruiting another back...Have heard this contrived argument time and again the last 24 hours from spurned LPT fans. My question... How do you know he misled the LPT coaches? How do you know he didn't tell the LPT coaches that he was leaning toward Bama in November? How do you know that your coaches didn't continue trying to recruit him in the hopes that he would change his mind? In fact, you should be disappointed in your coaches if they did NOT continue trying to recruit him.

So how do you know any of that was or wasn't true? Go ahead and speak for your entire fanbase.

LPT Football: Our fans usually don't know jack...
OK I will. Until the last 48 hours we have not seen any coach start trying to recruit another running back. They were all in for Harris and thought they had a 50/50 chance at him. After he picked Bama now we are trying to flip a Pitt running back. I think that speaks volumes.

I've got to give the young man credit for making the best decision for his own life. He has a lot of courage to step out and do what he thinks is best for the future. He will be challenged more at Alabama.

I wish him the very best.

Sad to see the young man bashed by some U of K fans.

Etowncat funny how you glossed over what this thread was about. Really nothing about DH. Just the over the top BBN fans threatening a 17 year old kid on twitter. Really.......?

Whoever gave Elam a 5 star should never be allowed to rate players again. He's been a complete bust so far and should have been redshirted. Everyone knows Rivals is the best service for football and I would argue Evan Daniels is best for basketball. Elam is a 3 star...and a disappointing one at that

I love all the uk fans saying they're stacked at RB. Who was their leading rusher? How many yards did he have? Finally, what was the combined running yards between their 3 backs?

Originally posted by Cardfan1963:
Etowncat funny how you glossed over what this thread was about. Really nothing about DH. Just the over the top BBN fans threatening a 17 year old kid on twitter. Really.......?
I didn't gloss over a thing. The thread is about UK fans being upset that Harris chose Bama. I was just explaining why so many are upset. Just like your fans explained why they were upset when Blakeney decomitted from UL. As for our running backs we had two freshmen,a sophomore, and a Junior as our running backs, With our Freshmen being our best so it looks like we do have some depth in that department.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT