ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones the total idiot

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015

1. Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 4m4 minutes ago
    Rick Pitino is a great coach...but he cares primarily about Rick Pitino first, his players second...and Montrezl is latest example
    (LOL the Twins, Dakari thought all these were 1st rounders)

2. Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 8m8 minutes ago
  3. Feel bad for Montrezl for going 2nd rd...but I blame Pitino who selfishly talked him into coming back when he was a first rounder last year
    Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 2h2 LOL the Twins, Dakari thought all these were 1st rounderhours ago
  4. LOL the Twins, Dakari thought all these were 1st rounder
  5. Five players from the state of the Kentucky went in the lottery...not one of them was from Louisville

That guy knows Jack about sports

*** Watch the language please.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy's more ate up about U of L than most of our uninvited LPT 'guests' here.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Montrezl Harrell was projected to be taken in the middle of the first round of the NBA Draft.

But Harrell unexpectedly slipped out of the first round and was taken with the 32nd pick - the second of the second round - by the Houston Rockets during the draft on Thursday night.

The 6-foot-8 Harrell, who won the inaugural Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year in college basketball, played three seasons at U of L before leaving for the draft. He opted not to come out after his sophomore season.

U of L coach Rick Pitino on Harrell's selection said, "Some players would have a chip on their shoulder to prove people wrong. Montrezl will have a boulder. . . . "

Harrell was second on the U of L team and eighth in the ACC at 15.7 points a game and was second in the ACC with 9.2 rebounds. He helped the Cardinals to an Elite Eight finish.

Harrell finished the season hitting 56.6 percent from the field and was a second-team All-ACC performer. He had 80 dunks as a junior and finished his career with a school-record 221 dunks and scored double-figures in 40 of his last 47 games.

So much for little sweetie Mattie Jones lying BS

Andrew Harrison and Dakari Johnson drafted in the second round. Aaron Harrison not drafted. All three were 5* out of high school and came with the allure of being one and done to the nba. Harrison twins were top ten out of HS.

I blame John Callipari. His players first mentallity fed the Harrison twins self-centeredness and prevented them from developing a team mentality. His platoon system put other players first without developing Dakari Johnson. He cost all of them millions of dollars.

This crap is easy. I don't have a radio show or a law degree from Duke, and I can do what Matt Jones does.

Trez was a 3 Star recruit out of HS and was drafter with the 32nd pick in the NBA Draft. Aaron Harrison was a 5 star recruit and went undrafted. Now explain you thought process Mr Jones. Looks like Coach Cal is the failure here.

Yet had 6 players drafted last night lol
Calipari stated his goal was to get 8 players drafted. Getting 6 drafted is impressive but lets not kid ourselves here, the one thing Calipari does very well is market his brand. That marketing along with the level of talent those kids already come in with is why Calipari is so successful at getting most drafted. He would be a terrific lobbyist with his ability to play inner politics.

Congrats to all the kids who were drafted last night. A dream was fulfilled for all of them and I wish them all the best.

I'm very surprised Montrezl did not go in the first round. The guy reminds me of a Kenneth Faried type, high energy, strong as a bull. He should have a lengthy NBA career

Reactions: pervisl
And didn't a couple of 5-star guys stay in school at LPT because they knew they wouldn't be drafted? Either that or they liked the platoon.

The new "greatest night in UK history." Those 6 players would have been drafted playing at Bellarmine. Never did a coach do so little with so much.
Really? Losing one game the entire year in the Final Four is "so little"? You must have some pretty lofty expectations. Hard to be a fan if the only thing that matters is titles.

Really? Losing one game the entire year in the Final Four is "so little"? You must have some pretty lofty expectations. Hard to be a fan if the only thing that matters is titles.

I'd say it's hard to be a fan if the only thing that matters is how many players your favorite team can get in the NBA!

I'd rather no one get drafted and my team win the title than everyone get drafted and no title.

But then again I'm just a fan...or am I??

I'd say it's hard to be a fan if the only thing that matters is how many players your favorite team can get in the NBA!

I'd rather no one get drafted and my team win the title than everyone get drafted and no title.

But then again I'm just a fan...or am I??
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Going with the other extreme doesn't really address the point of my post. Do you agree with the other poster that UK did "so little" with "so much" last year?

As a UK fan, of course it was disappointing to lose the title (very much so), but it was an incredible ride. And as an opposing fan, it makes no sense to argue that UK failed because they should have won a title with so much talent, whereas a less-talented team (for example, Louisville) succeeded because they overachieved based on expectations. The goal for all top programs is the same. Sure, a loss at the end of an "overachieving" season may feel better than a loss when you are the favorite, but in terms of evaluating the season and the program, all that is basically saying is that one team succeeded in putting together a title contender while the other failed in doing so.

38-1, Final Four.

Look, we weren't the ones saying 40-0, mail the trophy to Lexington, greatest team of all time and all that crap. Your fans created that narrative and fell short of it and in the end were just another good team from a bad conference. Much like Wichita St the year prior.

*** Please refrain from name calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look you dumb turd, we weren't the ones saying 40-0, mail the trophy to Lexington, greatest team of all time and all that crap. Your stupid fans created that narrative and fell short of it and in the end were just another good team from a bad conference. Much like Wichita St the year prior
Honest question. Flip the script from this past year and tell me how you would view Louisville's season. Imagine if Louisville was the favorite all year, was touted by all major outlets as potentially one of the best teams in a while, and then you went undefeated all year only to lose in a hard-fought Final Four game against a top team. Would you consider Louisville's season a failure? Would you consider Louisville to have just been "another good team." I find that hard to believe.

I suspect you may be tempted to talk about the SEC vs. ACC, but if you think Wichita State's team (and schedule) was even in the same stratosphere as UK's, then you are simply deluding yourself. Don't forget, a far worse 2014 UK team beat that Wichita State team.

Anyway, if you honestly think about it from the other viewpoint, then I am curious to hear how you would view Louisville's season.

...As a UK fan, of course it was disappointing to lose the title (very much so), but it was an incredible ride. And as an opposing fan, it makes no sense to argue that UK failed because they should have won a title with so much talent, whereas a less-talented team (for example, Louisville) succeeded because they overachieved based on expectations. The goal for all top programs is the same. Sure, a loss at the end of an "overachieving" season may feel better than a loss when you are the favorite, but in terms of evaluating the season and the program, all that is basically saying is that one team succeeded in putting together a title contender while the other failed in doing so.
Most LPT commentary on the basketball season at this point is revisionist garbage. There were way too many national champ tattoos and 40-0 T-shirts printed up to argue that a championship wasn't the expectation. LPT was the overwhelming favorite by the odds makers.

Now that you've lost it, a championship wasn't the expectation. That's putting lipstick on a pig.

As ridiculous as it sounds, LPT was a last-second free throw away from getting no further than U of L did--a national semi-final. No way the average LPT fan felt that the margin of difference between those teams was that small, not with all of the 5-star players dotting the LPT roster.

You can talk all you want after the fact about what an "incredible" LPT season it was. Winning every game against SEC competition and an OOC schedule on which U of L and Carolina were the two best teams just ain't that special. Not if you're being honest. You played another really good team in the NCAA--albeit with far less talent--in Notre Dame, and barely squeaked by. And then lost to a really good team, as you should have, in Wisconsin.

Those aren't the makings of "incredible" basketball except in the feeble minds of LPT fans.

Reactions: vegasville1
Most LPT commentary on the basketball season at this point is revisionist garbage. There were way too many national champ tattoos and 40-0 T-shirts printed up to argue that a championship wasn't the expectation. LPT was the overwhelming favorite by the odds makers.

Now that you've lost it, a championship wasn't the expectation. That's putting lipstick on a pig.

As ridiculous as it sounds, LPT was a last-second free throw away from getting no further than U of L did--a national semi-final. No way the average LPT fan felt that the margin of difference between those teams was that small, not with all of the 5-star players dotting the LPT roster.

You can talk all you want after the fact about what an "incredible" LPT season it was. Winning every game against SEC competition and an OOC schedule on which U of L and Carolina were the two best teams just ain't that special. Not if you're being honest. You played another really good team in the NCAA--albeit with far less talent--in Notre Dame, and barely squeaked by. And then lost to a really good team, as you should have, in Wisconsin.

Those aren't the makings of "incredible" basketball except in the feeble minds of LPT fans.

Who said a title wasn't the expectation? I didn't say that and I doubt many would. I certainly expected and wanted a title. Unfortunately, that rarely happens (only 8 times for UK and 3 for UofL in 70+ years). I suspect that Louisville fans would have felt the same way if they went 38-1 and lost in the Final Four. I can't image you would view the season as a failure. Sure, the end result was a major disappointment given that great shots at titles don't come along often, but wouldn't you rather strive to put together teams that raise the possibility of greatness and fall just short, then put together teams that "overachieve" but still ultimately lose and have worse seasons by any objective measure?

And I'll call BS here. No revision required. UK lost to a good Wisc team (#1 Seed), they struggled to beat a good ND team (#2 Seed), no shame in that. 38-1, by any measure, is an incredible season. A Final Four, in any year, is to be celebrated. As we all know, the best team does not always win.

Sure the SEC was not strong, but UK still had a top 25 SOS, including conference play; and they beat all opponents until the last one. UK was challenged in more than one game. It was a historic run (38 straight wins) that fell a little short of the mountain top. That does NOT and should not discount the season. If you say it does, then you show your own hypocrisy (vs your previous statements regarding NCAA championship).

I love how the mods preach respect (and rightfully so) but your posts are starting to throw more and more insults around. You want honesty? Your hatred of all things UK clouds your judgement. Acknowledging another team's success does not discount your success. Celebrating someone else's loss is petty.

...wouldn't you rather strive to put together teams that raise the possibility of greatness and fall just short, then put together teams that "overachieve" but still ultimately lose and have worse seasons by any objective measure?
I'd rather lose when I was supposed to than lose when I was not supposed to. Does that answer your question?

And I wouldn't describe the latter with a word anywhere close to "incredible". That's lipstick.

...UK lost to a good Wisc team (#1 Seed), they struggled to beat a good ND team (#2 Seed), no shame in that. 38-1, by any measure, is an incredible season. A Final Four, in any year, is to be celebrated. As we all know, the best team does not always win...
I'm missing your point... Does that explain the tattoos and T-shirts?

"Incredible" sounds a lot like after-the-fact rationalization and bar lowering to me.

...Sure the SEC was not strong, but UK still had a top 25 SOS, including conference play... UK was challenged in more than one game. It was a historic run (38 straight wins) that fell a little short of the mountain top. That does NOT and should not discount the season. If you say it does, then you show your own hypocrisy (vs your previous statements regarding NCAA championship)...
"Not strong" is lipstick for "weak". The fact that LPT was challenged by anyone in the SEZ is an indictment of LPT, not testimony for the SEZ. Your conference was 2-4 in the NCAA besides LPT.

And what are my "previous hypocritical statements"?... Please find them for me.

...I love how the mods preach respect (and rightfully so) but your posts are starting to throw more and more insults around. You want honesty? Your hatred of all things UK clouds your judgement. Acknowledging another team's success does not discount your success. Celebrating someone else's loss is petty.
Thanks for an LPT fan's psychoanalysis. I take that seriously. I've been here a long time, and I'm pretty sure the mods know how to deal with me. I doubt they need an LPT fan's help. And if you're insulted, you're on someone else's message board, and "thin skin has no place on an internet message board".

Last edited:
I try not to play in these threads.

Nothing good can come of any of this.

The mods should just delete threads immediately once they head south, instead of wrist slapping individuals randomly.

With that said, it is a Louisville board and I'm quite sure outsiders complaining about things written here have seen far worse written on their own board about Louisville, and maybe even contributed to some of the muck at some point in time. So spare us the violins and victim card, please.

It's not my way, but if a UofL fan wants to hate all things UK, the Louisville message board is a place where he or she should be able to do so freely, as long as the posts aren't vulgar. So yeah, some UofL fans here simply hate UK. Deal with it.

Never understood why UK fans puff their chest out anyway after the draft all it does if more more confirmation UK should have won it all last year but didnt to go along with it's literally a failure that this dude has like 30 NBA draft picks 38 All Americans and 1 title. Go ahead though UK fans buy into the brainwash of Cal. Twist it up how you need but it's true...

And what are my "previous hypocritical statements"?... Please find them for me.

This point is about how you were touting that the NCAA tournament is rarely won by the "best" team and that it is not a good measure of a "champion" because of the chaotic one-and-done format. Then you turn around a bash a team for not winning, only getting close.... THAT is hypocrisy.

And if you're insulted, you're on someone else's message board, and "thin skin has no place on an internet message board".

I'm not insulted at all, but just observing that you've been throwing more personal insults lately. I've been around for years, I am familiar with your routine. Simply pointing out that standards appear to be double standards...

I try not to play in these threads. Nothing good can come of any of this....
The mods should just delete threads immediately once they head south, instead of wrist slapping individuals randomly. ....So spare us the violins and victim card, please.

I agree with you on that... I try to avoid these as well, but sometimes get sucked in. I'd prefer bait threads get canned immediately. No violin or victim here, just calling it like I see it.

This point is about how you were touting that the NCAA tournament is rarely won by the "best" team and that it is not a good measure of a "champion" because of the chaotic one-and-done format. Then you turn around a bash a team for not winning, only getting close.... THAT is hypocrisy...
Why don't you find the exact quote, and I'll address it. Not that I suspect an LPT fan would mis-quote me or quote me out of context--why would I question that?
...I'm not insulted at all, but just observing that you've been throwing more personal insults lately. I've been around for years, I am familiar with your routine. Simply pointing out that standards appear to be double standards...
Again, evidence please? I'm behaving as well or as badly as I ever have IMHO.

Why don't you find the exact quote, and I'll address it. Not that I suspect an LPT fan would mis-quote me or quote me out of context--why would I question that?

I would not deliberately misquote or quote out of context... not my style. As for exact, does this count?

OneEarWonder said:
Zipp, weren't you stating a few months ago that due the the one-and-out nature of NCAA tournament, the results were a fluke and not a measure of success?

That's the way I feel, but not the average fan. Certainly not LPT fans. And we don't let them forget that.

I think his blue azz needs a butt kicking out of Louisville all the way to lessington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT