ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Faulkner

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Might be our last piece.

Grad transfer guard out of Western Carolina. Transferred to Colorado but has decided to come back to KY (he’s from Horse Cave).

So it's about being home for his last year in college? With four guards already here, his playing time should be limited. Maybe he sees something special with this squad and wants to be part of it?

So it's about being home for his last year in college? With four guards already here, his playing time should be limited. Maybe he sees something special with this squad and wants to be part of it?

According to his IG he has a child and wants to be close to the child. Having lost Carlik, DJ and Nickleberry, I think having another guard is good.

Only 3 really natural guards. Ellis, Locke, and West. Anyone else would just be hoping they could fill the void a few minutes here and there.

Dre Davis is a guard. He plays like a guard. He's no great ball handler but the majority of his shots are outside the paint. I think he's backing up Locke.

Faulkner would be behind Ellis and West.

He is a talented scorer. I think he’s a previous red-shirt from a transfer and has played 3-4 years. Very experienced.

He’s good enough at shooting and can make plays. We don’t really have a set PG at the moment as we just don’t know about Ellis’ juco transition. Another guard will be perfect.

I really like our depth. I don’t know about the fit or talent ceiling, but we have enough to feel solid. If Sam can make that next step, then I think this can be a top 10 to 15 type team.

This staff has no reason to pursue any recruit or transfer for the 2021 roster just to fill it up; there are folks who believe that Mason can challenge for significant minutes immediately. The fast-paced international style of play will require depth and maturity to execute, and having these transfers coming in with college experience will give them an advantage over incoming freshman.

Mason will start when he enrolls here, he is more talented than West, and Ellis is still catching up to the ACC level. He gives us the depth that we need to be able to compete with anyone. & gives Ellis the time he needs. He is a 17 point scorer the past 2 seasons while averaging over 5 assists.

Reactions: rh62531
In addition to depth, this roster has an incredible array of skill sets where the staff can adjust to any opponent we play. This team‘s style will become a favorite of basketball fans everywhere.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
How's his 3 pt shot?
Good enough is my opinion

He was about 31% his junior year when he took 6 a game. He went up to 35% last year when he took only 4.5 shots. Seems like he's a guy that can hit shots, but he takes some bad shots. There will be an adjustment in level of competition, but I think he won't have to carry a load here and can be a guy that can be 33% or so and you can't leave him open.

It is a critical question; as the style I expect Mack to introduce this year will require all five positions to be comfortable shooting the three. 35% would be respectable.

Matt Jones has allegedly stated he is not signing with us. Now we all know that douche bag seems to break U of L news before our own supposedly pro media does. And last week Maybin and Rummage kinda changed tuned on him a bit. I do find it odd it's been crickets so far. I have not heard one radio show mention him this week. I did have a bit of concern on how he would be able to transfer twice within months and be eligible too play. Who knows just a little speculating on my part.

Rummage asked Maybin was he positive Mason was coming. Maybin stated he had too confm first. And after doing so he gave it a 100 percent he was coming. And he dud state some rumblings were out their

Maybin, I trust. Rumblings? What else is new in the current state (literally)?

93.9 stated this evening . That his name is showing on the school registar as of today. However U of L will have too request a waiver for him. And hopefully just a small formality that will be approved quickly . Crossing fingers on that.

GG, we are talking a young man who wants to be closer to his young daughter. Let’s praise him and reward him for thinking the right way. NCAA do the right thing!

Seldom do we see the NCAA as predictable, but this waiver for Mason to have eligibility at UL is a slam dunk (no pun intended).

The NCAA will quickly approve UL’s waiver for Mason; as it is about a student athlete and not so much about the school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT