ADVERTISEMENT

LSU a 3 seed whatever

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I think that seed is way to high for a couple of reasons. First they play in the SEAsy conference and second what about all the crap going on there. They must have someone close on the selection committee.

They were the committee’s worst nightmare but what do you do with the team that beat both UK and UT and won the SEC regular season?

Issues aside, they deserve a 3.......I love they said screw it and just played. What we should have a few years back. I HATE THE NCAA.

Reactions: Deeva
So Auburn, the SEC tourney champs, shouldn't make the tourney? Miss St. might be over seeded as a 5 but are we seriously acting like they shouldn't be in at all? Ole Miss does feel kinda like an NIT team, ditto FL.

I can't be the only one who thinks LSU is the most overrated team in basketball this year. Somehow they won the SEC reg. season title but did anyone care? Does anyone have them going anywhere in their bracket? I have them out 2nd round to Maryland.

The only reason so many SEC schools get in is because they are state schools which get the attention of their entire state. The rest of the country has never seen SEC schools play basketball and don't care about them.

I guess I'm in the minority. LSU has got some players. Now, their coaching situation makes me wonder how they'll perform in the NCAAT, but, it's not like they're a collection of talent-less hacks.

Actually, I think LSU is seeded about where they should be. They won the SEC regular season and had some good wins along the way. The ongoing issue with their coach is a problem they'll have to deal with and might lead them to getting beat early. Depends on the players I guess.

The team that really got hosed on the seeding is Cincinnati. They came in second in the AAC, won the AAC tourney and got saddled with a 7 seed. Houston (who won the AAC regular season) who lost in the AAC tourney to Cincinnati got a 3 seed. Huge difference of seeding IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
I think that seed is way to high for a couple of reasons. First they play in the SEAsy conference and second what about all the crap going on there. They must have someone close on the selection committee.
LSU has a very talented but young team. I do not know how the turmoil going on there impacts the team but I would guess, substantially. The SEC is the second strongest conference in the country and it is not close. The ACC, due to UVA, Duke, UNC and to some extent, UL is the strongest conference. I am suggesting LSU will blow up after this year due to the NCAA investigation . I also think their coach is out of coaching for a long while. UL may get to see them up close next week. UL gets to the elite eight and from there anything can happen.

I think the SEC has improved but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are the 2nd best conference in the country.

Actually, I think LSU is seeded about where they should be. They won the SEC regular season and had some good wins along the way. The ongoing issue with their coach is a problem they'll have to deal with and might lead them to getting beat early. Depends on the players I guess.

The team that really got hosed on the seeding is Cincinnati. They came in second in the AAC, won the ACC tourney anf got saddled with a 7 seed. Houston (who won the AAC regular season) who lost in the AAC tourney to Cincinnati got a 3 seed. Huge difference of seeding IMO.
The team that gets screwed every year is UK. Having to Face the best 15 seed ever then a 29 win Wofford team.

Reactions: -BBH-
SEC only deserved 3, UK, UT, and LSU. No more.
So Auburn doesn't get in? They won the SECT.

Florida beat LSU twice, once on the road and once on a neutral floor and they're rated much higher than Syracuse.

Mississippi State was ranked for most of the season and why shouldn't Ole Miss get in?

Gotta get 68 teams in somehow.

Sec is 4th best conference.
So you value the bottom of a conference then?

The SEC has 3 legit title contenders. The only other conference that can say that is the ACC.

You guys might not think LSU is any good, but that just shows your ignorance. That team is loaded with some serious talent, size and guard play.

Will Wade being sidelined (stupid move by LSU) is going to affect them, but they are legit.

Trust me, you don't want to play them. I'm thinking we're going to see a Michigan State vs LSU sweet 16 and that will be an incredible game.

If you're thinking the SEC is behind the BIG10 and/or BIG12, it's obviously because you value the bottom conference strength and mediocrity and of course you're definitely biased because you hate UK and UK is in the SEC.

The SEC has 3 legit title contenders. The only other conference that can say that is the ACC.

You guys might not think LSU is any good, but that just shows your ignorance. That team is loaded with some serious talent, size and guard play.

Will Wade being sidelined (stupid move by LSU) is going to affect them, but they are legit.

Trust me, you don't want to play them. I'm thinking we're going to see a Michigan State vs LSU sweet 16 and that will be an incredible game.

If you're thinking the SEC is behind the BIG10 and/or BIG12, it's obviously because you value the bottom conference strength and mediocrity and of course you're definitely biased because you hate UK and UK is in the SEC.
I don't consider LSU a title contender. They are a really good team...but not a title contender.

I think the entire top 2 seed line are the title contenders this year (as they are every year). I don't see anyone on the 3 line winning it all. As good as LSU is...do you think they can win with the cloud of probation and an interim coach? No they cannot.
Duke, UNC, UVA, Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan...that is the title contenders.

Reactions: slam21
And I think you can remove the 2 MIchigan schools.....
I got Michigan in the final 4 playing Duke. The other side of the bracket, I got Tennessee playing North Carolina. I have an all ACC final with Duke beating UNC for the title.

Stopped reading after the second sentence. There are 3 good teams in the SEC and one decent one in Auburn who is not a title contender at all. LSU played a pretty weak schedule. I only see UK or Tenn getting past S16.

I don't consider LSU a title contender. They are a really good team...but not a title contender.

I think the entire top 2 seed line are the title contenders this year (as they are every year). I don't see anyone on the 3 line winning it all. As good as LSU is...do you think they can win with the cloud of probation and an interim coach? No they cannot.
Duke, UNC, UVA, Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan State, Michigan...that is the title contenders.
LSU has the talent, skill and depth, but yeah, WW being out is definitely a problem.

But man, that team is loaded. If they figure it out, they are more than able to win it all.

This is a single elimination tournament, anything is possible.

Stopped reading after the second sentence. There are 3 good teams in the SEC and one decent one in Auburn who is not a title contender at all. LSU played a pretty weak schedule. I only see UK or Tenn getting past S16.
Sounds like you haven't seen LSU very much. They check off a lot of boxes. If WW was not suspended, they are easily capable of winning it all.

Reactions: slam21
Why are you all on here discussing SEC teams are you that insecure about your conference.

LSU has the talent, skill and depth, but yeah, WW being out is definitely a problem.

But man, that team is loaded. If they figure it out, they are more than able to win it all.

The only 3 power Conference opponents they played outside the SEC they got beat by and that's including Houston. Just a horrible non conference schedule to inflate that win total.They also played a bunch of close games against the dregs of the SEC. Just because you beat UK doesn't make you a title contender. Don't be shocked if Yale takes them down.

They’re not winning it all. The NCAAT is two things: coaching and guard play. They don’t have the coaching.

The only 3 power Conference opponents they played outside the SEC they got beat by and that's including Houston. Just a horrible non conference schedule to inflate that win total.They also played a bunch of close games against the dregs of the SEC. Just because you beat UK doesn't make you a title contender. Don't be shocked if Yale takes them down.
You guys like to talk about games that happened in November and December.

LSU is a young team that needed time to figure things out. That's what happens with young teams. They're a completely different team now.

However, they'll probably lose right off the bat to Yale (Yale is pretty good actually) and I'll have to eat crow.

They’re not winning it all. The NCAAT is two things: coaching and guard play. They don’t have the coaching.
That will probably do them in. IDK how good their interim coach is, but Will Wade was doing a very good job before LSU put him on probation, which was a stupid move.

After the teams seeded up to 9, any of the at-large teams seeded 10-12 were coin flips! SEC, IMO, is the 3rd best conference this year and they should have gotten the teams that got in. I think NC ST should have been in, as well, but by Sunday it wont mater b/c all of these types of teams are out anyways! Honestly, who cares about bubble teams, one team every 5+ years makes a nice little run...

Sounds like you haven't seen LSU very much. They check off a lot of boxes. If WW was not suspended, they are easily capable of winning it all.
I’ve watched them play several times this year and they don’t overally impress me. Top 20 team for sure, but nowhere near a title contender, way too inconsistent. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: Cue Card
I’ve watched them play several times this year and they don’t overally impress me. Top 20 team for sure, but nowhere near a title contender, way too inconsistent. Agree to disagree.
I've seen them play a few times too, and while they are young and very athletic, they are not title contenders without their head coach. Maybe fringe title contenders with him. 2nd tier team.

After the top 5 or so, the rest of the field is title pretenders. Not contenders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT