ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Ticket Sales are HOT...

I've seen plenty of UK games where the Cars jumped out to big leads then the better team decided to play. That's how I know what I saw that night.

I watched every game, I thought they were much better. 5-1 with a good chance at 6-0. The schedule was obviously back loaded, and with so many true freshmen and Towles shakiness they fell apart. Not too mention no by weeks.

You might want to critique Louisville a little. They lost games they should've won, and close in games they were decided favorites.
I think this year at Commonwealth should be a good game, it's better when both teams are decent.
I think UL was even as a fav/dog?

UofL lost to Virginia, a game UofL was favored in.

Stoops won every game he was favored in, and one he wasn't. Did UofL win a game they weren't favored in last year?

I'm not sure what the point is anyway. Does Alabama win games they're not favored in? If you're a dog football team, you get a lotta upset opportunities.

LPT Football: Woof!!!...

Need to let this one go.

Bill is finally outed as a baiter, and now he's got other new, low count, posters chiming in.

Why else would thread go almost four pages when the only topic is...they think/hope they are improving?

Nothing their parents, and Grandparents haven't done. :p

This is a UL board. And it is a wrong and thoroughly idiotic "perspective"

Get over it Cardfan. And it's not idiotic to present facts. If you don't like it ignore me, it's real simple.
Rollem I'm not baiting anything, all I'm doing is presenting another side of the argument.
Louisville has a fine football program, I think UK is getting better, I believe they'll beat Louisville this year. I didn't think they would last year. Could I be wrong, yea, I play no part in what transpires on the field.

Yep thought he'd gotten himself banned. Oh well, we can just smack him around some more, while he presents us with his (Cayuts centric) "facts." Not going to ignore you Billy. You're pretty entertaining.......in an odd way

Fact is UofK is not improving as much as they should with the talent that is rolling in the past couple of years. The teams around them were rebuilding and under new Head coaches and most of them still beat them except for Vandy. They gotten lucky one game against South Carolina were they ran the crap out of JoJo Kemp til the kid was so tired that he almost passed out on the field and they had to carry him off the field. The only change I remotely see at UofK is that they play with a little more heart now. They use to lay down and quit a few years back. Now they know everyone is better than them but they at least put forth an effort to try and keep the games close. They also beat the cupcakes on their schedule that everyone beats.

I still don't think Stoops is a good coach. He's a halfway decent recruiter but that doesn't mean anything if you can't produce wins.

Beating UT-Martin, Ohio, Vanderbilt without James Franklin as Head Coach, ULM, doesn't make your program look like it's turning the corner. That makes the schedule look like you are beating the cupcakes that you are suppose to beat.

I give you South Carolina, but Spurrier didn't exactly have a great season last year, and Stoops had to utilize one player til the kid couldn't go anymore.

If that's improvement to a UofK fan then good luck. You have the right man for the job. You just won't win many games without a more cupcake schedule.

The level of talent was true and redshirt freshman. Depth and the line of scrimmage is what has killed UK in the past. Those take time to build, you can't just plug a guy in, much less a true freshman and expect results.

I agree with you, I just didn't say it was a dramatic improvement. Incremental improvement is what I'd call it.

We're heading into year 3 with stoops,all I have to look at is what he's done since he got to UK. To this point he's heading in the right direction.

Fact is UofK is not improving as much as they should with the talent that is rolling in the past couple of years. The teams around them were rebuilding and under new Head coaches and most of them still beat them except for Vandy. They gotten lucky one game against South Carolina were they ran the crap out of JoJo Kemp til the kid was so tired that he almost passed out on the field and they had to carry him off the field. The only change I remotely see at UofK is that they play with a little more heart now. They use to lay down and quit a few years back. Now they know everyone is better than them but they at least put forth an effort to try and keep the games close. They also beat the cupcakes on their schedule that everyone beats.

I still don't think Stoops is a good coach. He's a halfway decent recruiter but that doesn't mean anything if you can't produce wins.

Beating UT-Martin, Ohio, Vanderbilt without James Franklin as Head Coach, ULM, doesn't make your program look like it's turning the corner. That makes the schedule look like you are beating the cupcakes that you are suppose to beat.

I give you South Carolina, but Spurrier didn't exactly have a great season last year, and Stoops had to utilize one player til the kid couldn't go anymore.

If that's improvement to a UofK fan then good luck. You have the right man for the job. You just won't win many games without a more cupcake schedule.

Stoops needs to win 6 games in his 3rd year just to match Jokers record in his last 3 years...

As a casual observer it appears UK is making strides @ the skilled positions but I believe the defense which was ranked #75 last year will regress.

I envision UK playing somewhat entertaining games where they fall behind higher rated teams and do put some points on the board to keep the games interesting.

I expect them to lose more games than they win though. I think they will miss the pass rusher more than they realize as well as Dupree. They don't figure to get stops.

As a casual observer it appears UK is making strides @ the skilled positions but I believe the defense which was ranked #75 last year will regress.

I envision UK playing somewhat entertaining games where they fall behind higher rated teams and do put some points on the board to keep the games interesting.

I expect them to lose more games than they win though. I think they will miss the pass rusher more than they realize as well as Dupree. They don't figure to get stops.

Dupree was special no doubt, kid had a motor. My point of emphasis though is depth. As good as Dupree was even he got tired. The lineman need breaks to be fresh late in the game. That's where I think UK will benefit this year. Depth depth depth

Dupree was special no doubt, kid had a motor. My point of emphasis though is depth. As good as Dupree was even he got tired. The lineman need breaks to be fresh late in the game. That's where I think UK will benefit this year. Depth depth depth

Bill won't argue that point at all.

I think, and again... just an honest uninformed thought here....playmakers are more important than shuffling bodies. With teams running hurry-up style offenses a lot of times the ability to substitute is compromised.

Dupree was one of the better football players I've seen at UK. He was simply everywhere. He was a leader and lead by example. These are big shoes to fill.

I also think Smith drew a lot of blocking attention and the secondary is going to be on an island with a decrease in pass rush.

We'll see I admit I'm not watching closely.

People say this is a good time to be in the SEC East but I'm not sure I agree. I think the door is closing. Tenn has a legit QB they are trending up and so is FLA. USC was very young last year they always recruit pretty well and UGA is a beast most years. Missouri is in the midst of a fine era as long as the coach is there I'm buying what they're selling.

The east is definitely trending up, no doubt. Dupree won't be replaced, players like him just don't come along often. But with depth you don't have to replace him, the whole unit is better off and can play at a higher level through out a game, now I'm assuming they are good players and progressed with age and maturity.

I don't understand an argument that depth was a (or the) major issue with LPT this past season. In LPT's losses down the stretch, here were the in-game scores:
  • UGA up 21-0 after one quarter
  • Tennessee up 33-13 at halftime
  • Missouri up 14-3 at halftime
  • Mississippi State up 17-10 at the half
  • LSU up 27-3 at the half
If depth was the issue, wouldn't more of those games have been close contests in the early going? To the contrary and barring a miracle, several of those losses were determined by halftime.

LPT Football: Never short on optimism and excuses...

Zipp, 14-3 and 17-10 aren't large deficits. Im not saying UK will automatically win every game because of depth.
But the Florida game, Louisville and even to a lesser degree miss st game were games that depth could've Turned.
I'm not saying UK is going to win 9-10 games this year, I think 7 is probably the max best case scenario, but I do believe depth is going to start playing a major role starting this year.

As further evidence, from last season...

UK%20Scoring%20by%20Period_zpscpxvoaqr.jpg

Those aren't the numbers of a team that was simply fatiguing by the end of the game.

LPT Football: Down goes one excuse...

Ok Zipp, depth has zero to do with how a team performs. and why do you spend so much ore time critiquing UK than you do your own team?

Obviously the big boys don't rush linemen in at a break neck pace to keep them fresh. Sabah raised a stink about last year and the hurry up offense because it was killing his linemen to play that many plays without breaks. But hey, you e got a star that shows something else so you're gonna run with that. It's like you go out of your way to NOT see the obvious.

Zipp, 14-3 and 17-10 aren't large deficits. Im not saying UK will automatically win every game because of depth.
But the Florida game, Louisville and even to a lesser degree miss st game were games that depth could've Turned.
I'm not saying UK is going to win 9-10 games this year, I think 7 is probably the max best case scenario, but I do believe depth is going to start playing a major role starting this year.
Your team wasn't down a lot of points in those games because you didn't lose those games by a lot of points. Missouri won the overall game by that same margin. MSU simply doubled their halftime margin by the end of the game. As I said, those in-game results don't argue that depth was your issue.

And you're backtracking (again). You argue depth, depth, depth. Now, confronted with facts, that's not the issue. Which is it?

That's a problem when you refuse to let facts guide your thinking. Your thinking goes all over the place.

LPT Football: Thinking was never our strong suit...

Last edited:
Ok Zipp, depth has zero to do with how a team performs. and why do you spend so much ore time critiquing UK than you do your own team?...

Don't put words in my mouth or misrepresent what I'm doing (or trying to)... I never said that depth isn't important. I said it doesn't explain your losses last year. The LPT football schedule wasn't so strong last year that depth should have been a factor. You guys simply were weaker than your competition, and your coaching has sucked and continues to suck. When you come to grips with your issues, you may be able to address them. Denial and an obsession with recruiting ain't gonna help ya.

Also, I critique a lotta things, esp. the reasoning of LPT FANS. Shouldn't take it personally unless you're one of those guys. Hell, the Bailout Arena folks think THAT is all I wanna talk about. And if you want less talk about LPT generally, you probably shouldn't be here fanning the flames.

LPT Football: Our fans don't understand too well...

I'm not back tracking, I watched the games, I saw the gassed players. You can take stats from all the games, but all the teams aren't equal. To win against the powers of the sec you must have depth, I don't care how you spin it.

UK has not had that luxury, ever. The game is more than the final score.

If you're honestly going to say depth plays no part in a football game you're either naive which you aren't, or you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Which is fine but just admit it and move on.
You guys thought you had a top ten defense until you actually played tough teams, then we'll you found out you didn't. Statistically you did, but it was against inept teams. Georgia and Florida st showed you what a good team would do to you. UK saw 6 of those type teams to end the season.

That's where depth would matter.

I don't understand an argument that depth was a (or the) major issue with LPT this past season. In LPT's losses down the stretch, here were the in-game scores:
  • UGA up 21-0 after one quarter
  • Tennessee up 33-13 at halftime
  • Missouri up 14-3 at halftime
  • Mississippi State up 17-10 at the half
  • LSU up 27-3 at the half
If depth was the issue, wouldn't more of those games have been close contests in the early going? To the contrary and barring a miracle, several of those losses were determined by halftime.

LPT Football: Never short on optimism and excuses...

Smack!!

UK saw 6 of those type teams to end the season.

That's where depth would matter.

No they didn't. LSU and UT were mediocre. They were just much better than you (combined 91-19). Teams merely lacking depth don't lose like that. Both those games, along with UGA were over in the first quarters. But yeah keep making your idiotic points that depth was the only thing that kept the Cats down. Never mind bad coaching and bad players. Depth didn't lose you any of those games. For Christ sakes look at the first halves or even quarters. You were out of those games before the first commercial break.

I'm not back tracking, I watched the games, I saw the gassed players...
See, that's your problem... You're using subjective observation to form conclusions. I see "gassed players" in every game. My own team has them after a win. So? It's a tough sport played in 3-hour stretches. I better see tired guys if they're going at it 100%.

...To win against the powers of the sec you must have depth, I don't care how you spin it...
Yeah, but you didn't play a murderer's row week in and out. You were falling behind EARLY to teams having off years or just mediocre seasons. You're delusional thinking otherwise.

...If you're honestly going to say depth plays no part in a football game you're either naive which you aren't, or you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Which is fine but just admit it and move on...
Again, you're trying to put words in my mouth. Depth is important; it wasn't a big LPT issue last year. Poor play, poor coaching, and lack of improvement were.

...You guys thought you had a top ten defense until you actually played tough teams, then we'll you found out you didn't. Statistically you did, but it was against inept teams. Georgia and Florida st showed you what a good team would do to you. UK saw 6 of those type teams to end the season...
How would you know what good defense is or isn't? You're an LPT fan.

LPT Football: Yeah but the SEC...

See, that's your problem... You're using subjective observation to form conclusions. I see "gassed players" in every game. My own team has them after a win. So? It's a tough sport played in 3-hour stretches. I better see tired guys if they're going at it 100%.

Yeah, but you didn't play a murderer's row week in and out. You were falling behind EARLY to teams having off years or just mediocre seasons. You're delusional thinking otherwise.

Again, you're trying to put words in my mouth. Depth is important; it wasn't a big LPT issue last year. Poor play, poor coaching, and lack of improvement were.

How would you know what good defense is or isn't? You're an LPT fan.

LPT Football: Yeah but the SEC...

I know more about defense than you know about coaching. I guess Petrino dropped the ball last year because with that much nfl talent a coach of his stature should've done more with it right?
You're defense padded stats on inept offenses. When you played good teams it was shown for what it was, just an average defense.
you spend more time breaking down UK than you do worrying about your own program.

The last 6 games were against lsu, miss st, Georgia, mizzou, Tennessee and Louisville. That's a murderers row Zipp, I don't care who you are that's a tough stretch of games.

Tennessee was 6-6 last year. Mississippi State's defense was worse than LPT's. LSU was beaten by Notre Dame in their bowl game. The SEC East was as bad as it's been in recent memory--SEC hacks admit that.

Sorry, doesn't sound like a murderer's row to me.

LPT Football: Well, compared to us...

I know more about defense than you know about coaching. I guess Petrino dropped the ball last year because with that much nfl talent a coach of his stature should've done more with it right?
You're defense padded stats on inept offenses. When you played good teams it was shown for what it was, just an average defense.
you spend more time breaking down UK than you do worrying about your own program.
Louisville was rated #6 in the country last year on Total Defense. (LPT was #75 and Mississippi State was #84.) Those numbers are through the post season bowl games. "More with it"?? The only thing "more" is the proof you're just flapping your LPT gums.

Again, you don't want me talking about LPT? With all due respect, SU. That would help.

LPT Football: Our fans can't help themselves...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, when Louisville played top notch teams it's defense was manhandled. Going to lsu on a Saturday night is different that a meaningless bowl in December I promise you that. Miss st was ranked #1 when we played. Tennessee was an away game, mizzou away and I dare say it was much tougher than Louisvilles schedule.
I don't care if you talk about UK, but same dude, you're eat up with it. It's ALL you talk about.
don't get mad Zipp, it's just the summer. You better worry about Auburn coming up. You're season is gonna be bookended by Sec defeats this year. Then you'll have something to be upset about.

Yep LSU got up for the Cats but not Notre Dame. Now bowls don't matter.....except when they do. I know ol Bill put me on ignore because he got tired of me smacking him around, but I'll keep exposing the stupidity

UK averaged 57000 last year, Louisville averaged 52000. UK's declined approx 3% from the previous year, Louisvilles was a gain of less than 1%.
College football as a whole was down 14% from the previous year.

UK averaged 57000 last year, Louisville averaged 52000. UK's declined approx 3% from the previous year, Louisvilles was a gain of less than 1%.
College football as a whole was down 14% from the previous year.

LOL!!!! Don't we count fans in seats and ol Mitch counts tickets sold?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT