ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Ticket Sales are HOT...

Bill, you appear to be a decent guy, but you're completely blinded by your LPT fan loyalty. You're here talking about what LPT is gonna do--or what you "hope" is the case--ignoring facts presented to you, and against a backdrop of a half century of football ineptitude.

Your wonderful new coach is on a six-game losing streak and has won seven games in two years. Excuse me if I conclude that looks a lot like his predecessors over those fifty years.

What you should be doing is keeping your hope to yourself and MAYBE coming here to talk about your success AFTER it has happened. Right now, you just sound like the typically delusional LPT fan who shows up every year about this time under a different name. And you can take my advice, or keep talking and keep making those points for me.

LPT Football: Our fans don't know any better...

Zipp, Its all in fun and games man. It's the middle of summer and nothing we say has any bearing on how the season unfolds.
I've tried to give reasons why as a UK fan we're hopeful, doesn't mean they will be.
What's happened in the past is over, can't change it. But what has changed is the admins backing of the football program. I'm excited for that, while its been slow in the making it appears they've corrected it.
What has me excited about this year is we're going to finally have some quality seasoned depth. I think Louisville will be good too, I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Auburn.

Bill, you've been a respectful poster. You seem like like you have a little age on you so you should have a some sense of history. There is 60+ years of ineptitude going against you.

It doesn't matter who their FOOTBALL coach is since Blanton Collier was fired. And fired with a WINNING record. Collier took over for Bear. After being fired at uk he went on to win an NFL Championship with the Browns. So he could coach.

John Ray came to uk 29-6 and went 10-33, but then coached the rest of career in the NFL. He could coach.

Jerry Caliborne had a .700 record at Maryland and Va Tech. He could coach, but uk beat him down to .472.

Bill Curry was good enough for Bama to hire.

Now....NO HC with a decent track record will give uk the time of day.

Why? Because uk doesn't WANT a great FB team. Never have, never will. That's why Bear left, and that's why Schnelly left us because WE were in the same position at that time with a "BB first" AD. We chose CUSA for BB...and CHS was gone.

uk took Brooks because NOBODY wanted the job. (I don't believe Schnelly ever considered coaching there because of BB) Then you have a "coach in waiting (Joker)" so they don't have to get embarrassed again with nobody sending a resume. Now you once again have a first time HC.

This not smack, just observation over the years. (My brother played FB at UK and hates the place. He/we are lifetime seat holders for the CARDS and he drives 3 1/2 hrs each way to every game)

Why can't uk win consistently? Simple...

It's the basketball mentality. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING is going to to overshadow BB. These FB coach's all know each other and talk. They know that until the administration AND the fans show equal love to the programs NOTHING is going to change. FB is the step child who is a "little odd". He's there but you try to ignore him.

Yeah, they (admin) give 'em toys (facilities) and talk about what they're going to do, but then they (fans) go and embrace, drool, and simply act ga-ga over BB. Right in the middle of FB, they (Fans) go head over heels over midnite madness. I'm sure the FB players just love that EVERY YEAR. Remember the little rant Cobb had before somebody got to him and he "clarified" what he said? Wonder what the 4-5 star recruits think about the BB worship?

Schnelly left us because we joined CUSA. Why did we do that? For BB because our AD at the time was a BB guy. Schnelly said screw it. He wish's he hadn't, but he was NOT going to take a back seat to BB. That's why he would never coach at UK. He demanded AT LEAST equal attention and respect.

A few years ago A UL poster on the Rutgers FB board refered to us as a "dynasty", RU fans questioned that and our guy said he was referring to BB because "most UL fans are B-ball fans".

I don't buy that anymore. We're CARDINAL fans. And that is why both programs are prospering. I mean after all, our AD now was a football player, but he got the best BB coach there is. And Baseball. And Soccer. And Field Hockey. And WBB. And on and on.

But uk? On the radio, many UK fans said they would not trade a 15-15 BB record for an SEC FB title. Umpteen dozen BB titles, but don't care to share some glory for f-ball??? Until that mindset changes, it matters not who the coach is.

So what happens if, and this is a BIG if, CMS should turn the corner up there?

He will be snatched up by a FB school before quick. And he'll go. For all the above mentioned reasons. If he can turn 60 year doormat like uk around, a UGA, USC2, or Ole Miss, or maybe by then a Miami, will have him out of Lexington faster than a Bobby Petrino bail.

Then....uk will start over. It's the curse of the Bear.

60+ and counting.

You make good points, and they're all true. But Louisville is in the same boat. Every coach that has succeeded left, schnellenberger left because Oklahoma came calling. Does that mean you just say screw it, in not going to cheer for them because they're going to leave?

Again, what's happened in the past can't be changed, buts it's in the past.
This administration right now is investing in football unlike ever before. And if Stoops succeeds he possibly will leave, but I can't control that. Hopefully he wants to build something at UK.

As for the fans that said that, well I disagree. I want UK to succeed at both sports and I believe they can...if they're built right and have solid coaching.

You're telling me Florida state didn't run all over Louisville in the second half? They scored 35 points in the second half to your 10, that's taking it to you.
And you didn't look any better against UGA. They could've ran for 500 yds in that game.
Add to that the UK game and I'd say the teams are a lot closer than you like.

You're an utter moron when it comes to football. Go back over to Cat Piss. We looked a 100x better against Georgia. Stick to basketball---football aint your thing.

You just said a football game is 4 quarters. Yet you're crowing about Florida St's 2nd half. Games are 2 halves. No excuses because we expect to win these games, not play it close and claim a moral victory. But you're just spewing shit right now. Mods please ban

I'm not spewing anything, I simply pointed a fact.

You've been looking for a reason not like me, whatever man, that's on you. I have not said one thing derogatory. But to act like you were in the UGA is foolish.

What about it was a 13 PT game after 3Q do you not get? OTOH, in your Georgia game it was 21-0 10 minutes into the game. I'm firmly convinced you watched neither game

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
I watched both games, Louisville was never Any threat to UGA. It was 27 -7 when it got to the 13 pt you speak of. UGA then scored 10 straight.
You can spin it however you like, but Louisville played them no better than UK did.

I'm not your enemy Cardfan, we just root for different teams.

No enemy here. Your statement is utterly foolish and you're doubling down on it. Did Georgia punt against you? (Hint: they didn't).

No Bill. CHS did NOT leave because OK called.

He left because Bill Olsen caved to Denny and joined CUSA for BB. He wanted to stay Independent in FB and continue to play a National schedule.

BB over FB so he left, but wish's he hadn't.

BB over FB is why you have to continually hire first time HC's.

Big difference between us an uk. We lose coach's to Big Time FB schools or the NFL. You fire losers. Been that way since 1962.

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to change. No young HC Coach, with an ounce of ego to lose, is going to look at uk. There is not enough money to make the graveyard look good.

Reactions: LockdownCard
No enemy here. Your statement is utterly foolish and you're doubling down on it. Did Georgia punt against you? (Hint: they didn't).
They punted twice against you. I admit UK played bad against UGA, I can readily admit it. You seem to think Louisville played good against UGA, they never threatened UGA in that game.

No Bill. CHS did NOT leave because OK called.

He left because Bill Olsen caved to Denny and joined CUSA for BB. He wanted to stay Independent in FB and continue to play a National schedule.

BB over FB so he left, but wish's he hadn't.

BB over FB is why you have to continually hire first time HC's.

Big difference between us an uk. We lose coach's to Big Time FB schools or the NFL. You fire losers. Been that way since 1962.

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to change. No young HC Coach, with an ounce of ego to lose, is going to look at uk. There is not enough money to make the graveyard look good.

I know he did, I dated the sister of the qb that went to Louisville from graves county, and followed schnellenberger to Oklahoma.
I guess he was going to turn Oklahoma if only Louisville hadn't gone CUSA?

Yes that's exactly what I said.....UL "played good.". .clown. How about Florida? We play those guys better than you?

Bill is completely goofy. No idea why he's here.

You fail to see the irony here?
I have been nothing but respectful to Louisville. Stating actual events is not flaming.
Yet you continually attack me and act like a child, why? Can you not separate yourself from Louisville athletics?

Yes that's exactly what I said.....UL "played good.". .clown. How about Florida? We play those guys better than you?

I disagree, you had a month to prepare, your dc was familiar with what UGA was going to do, and they did it anyway.

You didn't fare any better than UK did.

I disagree, you had a month to prepare, your dc was familiar with what UGA was going to do, and they did it anyway.

You didn't fare any better than UK did.

Yeah false! Again you don't know much about football. But you did date some UL player's sister. So there's that

And we did play the 3rd string QB.

FWIW- since 1961 uk has had 11 HC's.

Some were former HC's, some Coordinators, and some Asst's.

uk has managed to go 278-387.

Keep hoping. :p

Ok, what part of that is inaccurate? Grant ham came from UGA the prior year, true. He was familiar with what UGA was going to do offensively, true. You had a month to prepare, true.
I'm not arguing you anymore, you've got a disconnect somewhere

You've got issues man, what the hell does you good mean anyway?

Yea I am defending UK, but I've tried to be respectful doing it. You took this into the gutter. What is wrong with you? You automatically Dislike someone because of a college team? That's sad and petty

Yeah false! Again you don't know much about football. But you did date some UL player's sister. So there's that

He also forgot that the punter for UGA never saw the field against UK, both teams lost to them but uk couldn't even make Georgia's third teamers punt.

Bill simply has his own uniquely LPT version of reality. Hope and belief trump facts. History doesn't matter. Maybe a nice guy, but one who sees things that he wants to see.

And "unique" not in Bill, but in LPT. The most delusional fanbase most of us will ever encounter. Bill is just our crowning example for 2015.

LPT Football: There are a lot more than Bill...

You've got issues man, what the hell does you good mean anyway?

Yea I am defending UK, but I've tried to be respectful doing it. You took this into the gutter. What is wrong with you? You automatically Dislike someone because of a college team? That's sad and petty

I meant goof obviously

trust me, I'm not passive aggressive, but I'm not going to stoop to your level on here. You're embarrassing yourself for what? Because I root for another team? Grow the hell up

Bill simply has his own uniquely LPT version of reality. Hope and belief trump facts. History doesn't matter. Maybe a nice guy, but one who sees things that he wants to see.

And "unique" not in Bill, but in LPT. The most delusional fanbase most of us will ever encounter. Bill is just our crowning example for 2015.

LPT Football: There are a lot more than Bill...

We're unique? You sit in a corner and yell something enough until you believe it. You've got guys on here justifying a D1 football player gritting a woman. Why do you think they're doing that?
You and I know why, it's what your overpriced coach has done with your beloved program. But you're ok with that because you're not a win at all cost kinda guy right?

...You and I know why, it's what your overpriced coach has done with your beloved program. But you're ok with that because you're not a win at all cost kinda guy right?
That nice guy facade is starting to show a few cracks. :)

With his new contract, Stupes makes about as much annually as Petrino. Now, who would any educated person say is overpaid or "overpriced"? (Or the other guy under-...)

Sounds to me like Jurich has done it again--the guy's a genius.

LPT Football: Never wise with money...

Reactions: LockdownCard
trust me, I'm not passive aggressive, but I'm not going to stoop to your level on here. You're embarrassing yourself for what? Because I root for another team? Grow the hell up

Bill, I like your balls dude! You need to step back and reassess where you are. Realize you are in a fish tank with a bunch of piranha picking at your meaty bones! Let me say this... I use to be a UK faithful ions ago, until I realized what most on here are saying is true. I use to sit on those COLD metal no-chair back sets with my fingers crosses and trying to watch a poor pitiful team lose only to hear near a bunch of drunk preachers talking about UK BB...no FB! It made me absolutely sick. Then, I realized all the UK ADs only pitched a few token bare bones to the UK FB faithful, and supported UK BB wholly. To the point o creating, the "Wildcat Dorm" only for BB player...not FB!
Bill, continue to breath...what was said about Schnelly was right. Denny Crum ran UL athletics and chose the CUSA over Independence and Schnelly fought it tooth and nail and the UL FB faithful knew and Olsen is history. Then Tom Jurich was brought in by the new president and you know the rest of the story.
Until, your AD quits caving into that UK BB mentality UK will never get rid of "Bear's" curse! Fact is he took an unproven DC at FSU and offered him as a token bone hoping to appease the UK FB faithful the disgruntledness pressure they were causing. And they were! Guys lets keep the flaming down...he's by himself debating politely...thanks!!

Reactions: Bill Derington
That nice guy facade is starting to show a few cracks. :)

With his new contract, Stupes makes about as much annually as Petrino. Now, who would any educated person say is overpaid or "overpriced"? (Or the other guy under-...)

Sounds to me like Jurich has done it again--the guy's a genius.

LPT Football: Never wise with money...

I'll be honest Zipp, I like the back and forth with you. We're being respectful of each other, and I think you enjoy it too.

And I don't mean any disrespect. I got a little caught up with another poster, I apologize to all the Card fans. You've been more than welcoming to me on here.

Back to the topic. I'm well aware of UK's history. I don't know that Stoops is going to change it, but I like the direction it's going presently. They seem to identify talent early and get involved. They don't always get them, but it helps to be the first on these guys

I think Jurich made the right decision in getting Petrino. You were heading into the ACC and couldn't afford to take a step back. I think Strong made a mistake going to Texas, but at this level all these guys have egos, and I'm sure that played a part in it.
Anyway, good luck this year. Hopefully we'll both be going bowling.

We're unique? You sit in a corner and yell something enough until you believe it. You've got guys on here justifying a D1 football player gritting a woman. Why do you think they're doing that?
You and I know why, it's what your overpriced coach has done with your beloved program. But you're ok with that because you're not a win at all cost kinda guy right?

*** Fast approaching thin ice. You're losing your usual composure.

A little OT, but I enjoy most LPT fans coming into this space. Hell, U of L fans widely claim I bait them. I guess blasting LPT constantly could be considered "bait".

I'm not an advocate of banning except in extreme situations where the mods have no choice. The back and forth is expected.

You also have to expect, as an LPT fan, to be descended upon when you come here. I can see where that would be frustrating--getting hit from all sides. If certain posters here--like me--bother someone, as I understand, the "ignore" feature helps with that. I have no one on ignore so I don't know firsthand.

I don't particularly like two-faced LPT posters: nice guy here, tough guy at home. And I usually call them out. Not aware that Bill is in that camp.

So, let's keep our cool and carry on.

LPT Football: Hard to defend (off the field)...

You're telling me Florida state didn't run all over Louisville in the second half? They scored 35 points in the second half to your 10, that's taking it to you.
And you didn't look any better against UGA. They could've ran for 500 yds in that game.
Add to that the UK game and I'd say the teams are a lot closer than you like.

Leading the game with 5 minutes left is not getting ran over. And how can you say a game where one team trails 21-0 after 10 minutes is the same as being behind by 13 to start the 4th quarter. The only difference between Stoops and all the other UK coaches is he has recruited at a higher level. However in football the difference between 20 and 40 is not that great. UK fans only want to look at recruiting rankings. What have you seen from UK that shows they are better coached now than they were under past coaches? To say you are closing the gap with UL is ridiculous. Louisville spotted UK 23 points last year and still won the game. I don't think you will see something like that happening for a long time.

Last edited:
Because they scored 35 points in the second half. It appeared once they felt threatened FSU hooked up, 35-10 looks that way as well.

Because they scored 35 points in the second half. It appeared once they felt threatened FSU hooked up, 35-10 looks that way as well.

So they were disinterested in the first half? It's called momentum. I know your used to watching your team getting down by 20 then losing by 40 but good teams figure out a way to turn games around. I think Florida State did that a few times last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT