ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket sales update...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
Just received U of L's financials for the end of the calendar year. I went right to ticket sales based on what we have witnessed in basketball and football this year. I'm posting the numbers for each sport on the free message boards for each...

Based on FY2022's midyear and full year numbers, almost all true operating revenue has already been been banked. 98% of the revenue for ticket sales, suite rentals, concessions, and parking was in hand by 12/31/2021.

I refer to the total of these categories as "game day revenues" to distinguish them from other operating revenue categories. The total of GDRs this season was $14.3 million as of 12/31/2022 compared to $16.8 million for the same period a year ago, a decline of 14.9%. Football revenues were budgeted to be lower compared to last year, so I project actuals to come in around 6% under budget which would be a $0.9 million deficit.

By comparison, basketball GDRs are only declining by 12% Y-O-Y. But they should finish around 15% under budget because, unlike football, total basketball revenues in these categories were budgeted to increase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT