ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Ticket Sales are HOT...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
(Not.)

Season ticket sales are up about 1.5% year over year. This in year 3 of the Stupes rebuild, a renovated stadium with 15% less capacity, and a home schedule featuring Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Louisville.

Despite the optimism you read on their message boards, it appears that LPT fans actually shelling out the dough are voting with their feet.

LPT Football: 39,000 strong...

Last edited:
Reactions: genowe
Barney over shot with 8 home games. Their fans are still waiting for the wins to come before they jump on board again.

I got an email yesterday from UofL asking if I would like to buy tickets to our road games. The UK game was included. If Louisville is offering tickets to the UK game to season ticket holders this early, UK sales must be dismal.
CJ
I got the same email. I remember when you were limited to requesting two UK tickets. Now at $75 a pop you can have as many as you want. I almost didn't buy through UofL this year. I figured by the end of the season UK would be done and their fans would only be thinking bball. I could then score tickets at far below face value. The only problem with that is you have to sit in a UK section. I did that one year (05) and vowed I will never do it again. So I bought two from UofL. Maybe this year I'll have enough points to get seats in the lower section.

The smartest thing a UK fan can do is stay away from Commonwealth until/if the wins come. Joker would still be the coach at UK if the fans hadn't started to put together a real boycott with bite.

They should have continued building pressure instead of giving in as soon as Barnhart went out and got an uninspiring replacement coach. Jury is still out, but so far all he's proven is he can win 5 games.

Until the UK fans show they mean business with their wallets, they'll forever be the 2nd to last team in the SEC East with once in a long while a little surge to a bottom tier bowl. Not that I'm complaining, just calling it as I see it.

I go to most of our games at Lexington, but I never buy in advance anymore. Tickets are easy to get and cheap, and that will be a better situation now with the game at the end of the schedule. Picture the environment if they go into that game at 4-7.

LPT Football: Home for the Holidays...

2/3 of the stadium capacity are season ticket holders that sounds about right to me.. You have to factor in the student section, band, visitors section, single game tickets, ect. How much of UL's stadium capacity is filled with season ticket holders?

The smartest thing a UK fan can do is stay away from Commonwealth until/if the wins come. Joker would still be the coach at UK if the fans hadn't started to put together a real boycott with bite.

They should have continued building pressure instead of giving in as soon as Barnhart went out and got an uninspiring replacement coach. Jury is still out, but so far all he's proven is he can win 5 games.

Until the UK fans show they mean business with their wallets, they'll forever be the 2nd to last team in the SEC East with once in a long while a little surge to a bottom tier bowl. Not that I'm complaining, just calling it as I see it.

You're exactly right about the fans and Joker.
I'd say Stoops is heading in the right direction. The team improved last year over the previous. Recruiting is improving and they're getting to the point of red shirting good recruits, can't stress how big that is which I'm sure you guys are aware.
The school is investing big money into the program finally. Showing that they're not happy with where UK has been, but they're behind this program.

U of L sells around 46,000 season tickets which is reported as the maximum available. The stadium seats 55,000, so season tickets run at around 84% of capacity.

39,000 represents around 64% of LPT's capacity of 61,000 seats.

LPT Football: Our stadium is still too big...

Reactions: Steelers2012
...The [LPT] team improved last year over the previous...
Says who or what?

The 2013 LPT football team would have won four games minimum with last year's schedule: the three OOC games ex-U of L plus Vandy. The So Carolina game was a fluke that the 2013 team could have won under similar circumstances.

Eventually, recruiting results have to translate to on-the-field results, or the game's up.

LPT Football: When has recruiting (sans cheating) ever mattered?...

Yes when I watched that 6 game losing streak I remarked to myself just how much the Cayuts had improved. Moral victory over us notwithstanding, you were positively awful against teams with a pulse. Of course moral victories have been your MO for years and it's only lead to........more moral victories. But hey if you're happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Lost by 38 to LSU.
Lost by 14 to Miss St.
Lost by 10 to Missouri.
Lost by 32 to Georgia.
Lost by 34 to UT.
Lost by 4 to Louisville.

3/6 losses at 30+ points per game. It's basically the same way they ended the first year under Stoops. Again, jury still out on him, but nothing to write home about in those numbers.

You can make an argument that UK had more wins last year because other people got worse, not necessarily UK getting better. Vandy went into a nosedive when Franklin left. SC had a subpar year.

So 5 wins isn't better than 2? 2 wins in the SEC for the first time in several years, sounds like improvement.
I agree eventually you have to win to keep up decent recruiting. But you guys know it takes time and big time football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage. And those guys take time to grow, and depth for backups to win late in games. That's something UK has sorely missed.
I disagree about the previous team winning 4, too many true freshmen playing major roles and hurt qb's.

Lost by 38 to LSU.
Lost by 14 to Miss St.
Lost by 10 to Missouri.
Lost by 32 to Georgia.
Lost by 34 to UT.
Lost by 4 to Louisville.

3/6 losses at 30+ points per game. It's basically the same way they ended the first year under Stoops. Again, jury still out on him, but nothing to write home about in those numbers.

You can make an argument that UK had more wins last year because other people got worse, not necessarily UK getting better. Vandy went into a nosedive when Franklin left. SC had a subpar year.

I can't argue, they played some real stinkers in the last stretch. But that stretch was against some pretty good teams and UK went along way with out an off week. I think 8 weeks.
I know other teams do it and win, but as I've mentioned earlier UK doesn't have that kind of depth yet.
This year there will be more redshirt players available, hopefully a little less happy feet qb, and depth so they don't have to rely so heavily on true freshman.

But they'll still have predictions of wins over Tenn, SC, Lou, Fla, Ga, Ole Miss, Miss St betcha

...I disagree about the previous team winning 4, too many true freshmen playing major roles and hurt qb's.
Except for USCjr, the 2014 team beat no one on its schedule the caliber of Western KY. And Vandy was significantly better in 2013 under Franklin. That's two more wins in 2014 right there. And you take the USCjr win as the fluke that it was in which LPT was outgunned statistically. Could happen in any year.

Doesn't matter a lick what you "agree" to. Them's the facts.

LPT Football: We hate facts...

Ther
Except for USCjr, the 2014 team beat no one on its schedule the caliber of Western KY. And Vandy was significantly better in 2013 under Franklin. That's two more wins in 2014 right there. And you take the USCjr win as the fluke that it was in which LPT was outgunned statistically. Could happen in any year.

Doesn't matter a lick what you "agree" to. Them's the facts.

LPT Football: We hate facts...

There your facts, not reality though. statistics don't win games, making plays on the field does. Turnovers create short fields skewing offensive stats, surely after the Louisville UK game last year you picked up on that.

If you choose to believe UK didn't show improvement from the previous year I'm sure I won't change your mind. I know you're smart enough to see that UK is getting better, hopefully up to Louisville's range in the near future.

As the lines get better, and I'm hopeful they are, wins will come.

Bill did you actually watch the games. That team was no better than the year before.

I watched every game, I thought they were much better. 5-1 with a good chance at 6-0. The schedule was obviously back loaded, and with so many true freshmen and Towles shakiness they fell apart. Not too mention no by weeks.

You might want to critique Louisville a little. They lost games they should've won, and close in games they were decided favorites.
I think this year at Commonwealth should be a good game, it's better when both teams are decent.

...You might want to critique Louisville a little. They lost games they should've won, and close in games they were decided favorites...
Thanks, but rational people understand this stuff. U of L could/should have won at UVA and Clemson. Could have lost to ND, even LPT. The breaks cut both ways. Rationally, you don't just look at one side of the argument.

Three years into Petrino's first tenure here (2005), Louisville beat LPT by seven points--actually got kinda lucky--and many LPT fans thought "oh, we're getting close!" A year later, U of L drills LPT by 31 points in a name-the-score game. Oops, not so close. That's the way football works. How many close games has LPT had with Tennessee and Florida? And what's the combined record of those schools over the last 30-something years, 63-1 or something equally ridiculous?

You can't look at one game and draw larger conclusions. Whether you wanna admit it or not, LPT is consistently outgunned statistically in ballgames by better teams, win or lose. Until that trend changes, you're not gonna start beating good teams except in a major upset situation. Stats usually tell the story.

LPT Football: We hate facts AND stats...

Last edited:
I agree, UK has been outgunned, and sometimes flukes happen and teams that shouldn't win do.
And I don't think because UK and Louisville had a close game means UK is there, it's a rivalry crazy things happen.
But I believe UK is getting closer, and I think deep down you do too.

I think you're as close as you've ever been, FWIW. But like the billboard says, that could still be miles.

LPT Football: We hate that billboard too...

Bill

While it is true that UK recruiting has improved in terms of the number of 3 and 4 star kids on their roster, so as everyone else. Go look at where UK stands over these last several years in the SEC when it was purported to be their best ever. When compared to previous years, it is the same old story as they are still close to the bottom of their league. Anyone who saw the defense that UK put on the field against UL last year would have to acknowledge that it was truly pathetic, and failed to show any of the anticipated improvement their fans suggested.

Bill

While it is true that UK recruiting has improved in terms of the number of 3 and 4 star kids on their roster, so as everyone else. Go look at where UK stands over these last several years in the SEC when it was purported to be their best ever. When compared to previous years, it is the same old story as they are still close to the bottom of their league. Anyone who saw the defense that UK put on the field against UL last year would have to acknowledge that it was truly pathetic, and failed to show any of the anticipated improvement their fans suggested.
They'll be much improved this year because Stupes recruits will be playing. Year three has to be the year.

Bill

You're right, but but their class ranking would put them in the middle of every other league.
And UK is recruiting better than they have historically.
But to move up they're going to have to win games, that's the bottom line.
While they are still toward the bottom of the conference in recruiting, it must be mentioned that the sec had 12 in the top 25, where as the acc had 3.

There is no magic bullet to turn it around overnight. I as a fan have no illusion UK is going to turn into auburn or Alabama soon. But I do believe they can be competitive, and they're heading the right way.

You could of said UK was improving if they had beaten Florida. But they didn't and that is that.

As for the ticket sales: raise prices, make everyone move, add a game, and see above.

You would think they would be printing T-Shirts with "+ 1.5 %" on them.

You're right, but but their class ranking would put them in the middle of every other league.
While they are still toward the bottom of the conference in recruiting, it must be mentioned that the sec had 12 in the top 25, where as the acc had 3.

There is no magic bullet to turn it around overnight. I as a fan have no illusion UK is going to turn into auburn or Alabama soon. But I do believe they can be competitive, and they're heading the right way.

Newsflash Bill: you don't play in the ACC. Your quote there tells me that all you rubes care about is beating us. Deep down you've given up on ever really competing in the SEC. Admit it, we're your measuring stick.

There is no magic bullet to turn it around overnight. I as a fan have no illusion UK is going to turn into auburn or Alabama EVER. But I do believe they can be competitive, and they're heading the right way.

FIFY

Newsflash Bill: you don't play in the ACC. Your quote there tells me that all you rubes care about is beating us. Deep down you've given up on ever really competing in the SEC. Admit it, we're your measuring stick.

No, I was pointing out that being down the charts in the sec in recruiting isn't the same as being down nationally. I used the Acc as a reference because it's your conference.
I haven't given up on anything, simply make a valid statement. When 12 of the 14 teams in your conference are in the top 25 in recruiting, being 13 doesn't mean you've had a bad class.
And I hope we can get to where Louisville is now, I think UK is on that path.

I think its funny that before last season started everybody said we went 2-10 Stoops first year and that moral victories didn't count. All that mattered was what was in the win-loss column. Last year we went from 2 to 5 wins, and now he story changes that we still didn't improve last year.

So please tell me how to judge us this upcoming year, wins/losses or stats? That way I can know if we have a successful season or not.

Back to lurking. ;)

Watch the games. You sucked. There was a 41-3 to average LSU, 50-16 to very average Tennessee. Georgia never punted and scored TDs on all 9 possessions. A couple of moral victories and a tshirt inspiring win over 6-6 SC notwithstanding, you tell us.

Btw, anyone see the cover of the Cats Pause FB yearbook? I'm telling you, you can't make this stuff up. Patty Ice dressed as Harry Potter. That along with Yahtzee and Ice cream......what a low rent bunch.

Watch the games. You sucked. There was a 41-3 to average LSU, 50-16 to very average Tennessee. Georgia never punted and scored TDs on all 9 possessions. A couple of moral victories and a tshirt inspiring win over 6-6 SC notwithstanding, you tell us.

Btw, anyone see the cover of the Cats Pause FB yearbook? I'm telling you, you can't make this stuff up. Patty Ice dressed as Harry Potter. That along with Yahtzee and Ice cream......what a low rent bunch.

Why are you guys excited? You went from 12-1 to 9-4 and that was with what 10 guys getting drafted? What makes you think you're going to do better this year?
At least UK improved in the wins column which is all that really matters in the end. Right

Not defensive at all. Just laughing at you and your ilk. Admit it: we're your measuring stick. Nothing else really matters as far as your program goes.

How many times do I have to write that I hope we get to Louisville's level?
Winning is the measuring stick, not any team. You guys have a good football program, no shame in sitting that.

Why are you guys excited? You went from 12-1 to 9-4 and that was with what 10 guys getting drafted? What makes you think you're going to do better this year?
At least UK improved in the wins column which is all that really matters in the end. Right

Who has said we're "going to do better"? We're pretty intelligent fans unlike the dumbest fan base in college football. Has UKErik made his annual 10-2 prediction yet? You'd kill for 9-4 Bill (haven't won 9 in 30 years). We otoh saw it as a disappointment.

I think its funny that before last season started everybody said we went 2-10 Stoops first year and that moral victories didn't count. All that mattered was what was in the win-loss column. Last year we went from 2 to 5 wins, and now he story changes that we still didn't improve last year...
It's because you forgot one... It also doesn't count when you win a couple more games against a lot weaker schedule. AKA 2014 vs. 2013. The LPT schedule in the first half of last year was a train wreck.

LPT is a moving target because while you try to improve, you're also lowering the bar. You don't know whether you're actually getting better or your opponents are getting weaker.

Is LPT trying to get into one of these football season kickoff classic games like U of L is playing this year (Auburn)? That answer tells you more than just about one game.

LPT Football: No, we're playing Louisiana-Lafayette...

Who has said we're "going to do better"? We're pretty intelligent fans unlike the dumbest fan base in college football. Has UKErik made his annual 10-2 prediction yet? You'd kill for 9-4 Bill (haven't won 9 in 30 years). We otoh saw it as a disappointment.

I don't care what ukerik predicts, and you're right, I'd like to see UK win 9 games. I'm sure it was a disappointment, Louisville had a good team.
My point was you keep saying UK is making no progress, I disagree.

It's because you forgot one... It also doesn't count when you win a couple more games against a lot weaker schedule. AKA 2014 vs. 2013. The LPT schedule in the first half of last year was a train wreck.

LPT is a moving target because while you try to improve, you're also lowering the bar. You don't know whether you're actually getting better or your opponents are getting weaker.

Is LPT trying to get into one of these football season kickoff classic games like U of L is playing this year (Auburn)? That answer tells you more than just about one game.

LPT Football: No, we're playing Louisiana-Lafayette...

Schedule plays into every teams record unless you're one of the select few.

You don't think Louisvilles schedule in 2013 helped them get 12-1?

UK's schedule was obviously backloaded last year and we ended on a bad note, but it was still progress. Now this year they need to build on last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT