ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS VIRGINIA GAME THREAD

We just had a 3rd and 6 and can’t get lined up correctly on defense. We can complain about the refs all day but we simply are not executing on both sides of the ball. Brohm has been a disaster this year.

Cards go from the red zone to two sacks, a missed FG, a ridiculous holding flag being picked up on Virginia, to a TD pass on a all out blitz.

All in a couple of minutes.

The combination of poor play and biased officiating is blowing a hole right in the middle of Brohm's dream job.

Reactions: Art79
This is not fun to watch…

I know it only his second year, but its making last year show how truly LUCKY we were in several games.

I’ve always heard:

Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

Broom has some work to do. I’m hoping he can get it done.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
I really am going to feel for Brohm tonight. He has to be as dumbfounded as we are. There's no doubt piss poor play has been part of the problem, but this "Refs" thing every single game has to be driving him nuts.

Picking up that holding flag and seeing the replay and the announcers disbelief was as rare as a double interference call. I mean how often do you actually see an obvious holding be reversed?

The ref said "After further discussion", like one of the refs came in and overrode the call?

None of this will be investigated.

This UL team is undisciplined and is displaying some incredibly poor fundamentals; so disappointing in so many respects.
I agree 100 percent. For whatever reason, the staff hasn't got a grip on the team. The schedule and the negative officiating did not lend to learning and winning on the job.

Reactions: rh62531
Regards to the refs how do you throw a flag for holding and then discuss it the other refs and decide there was no holding? It is not a judgement penalty like was he in bounds or out of bounds.
What happened was the ref who threw the flag saw the hold but another official asked him if he was sure it just wasn't the defender running over the blocker?

That it was more of an illusion that the blocker was holding down the defender as he was being slammed to the ground. The ref probably said something like, "I didn't see that but it's possible. Did you have a better angle?" This other ref said yes he did so they went with his call.

This could easily be two competitive people with one having more experience or clout compared to the other. The lead official should have this shit knocked out before the game. It's definitely not idea to pick up a holding flag in the 4th quarter. Someone is going to be irate.

The announcer mentions this when he sees the replay for the first time, thinking maybe it was just the blocker being ran over, but then he sees the blockers hands pulling down the defender onto him.

The timing of this call was so typical of this season. I was asking friends when are they going to call a offensive hold on Virginia? Then finally there was one but I was already half expecting the refs to be in a circle discussing the call and sure enough that's what happened.

I didn't say anything to my celebrating friends because the thought was so quick I didn't have time. A few seconds later all of us was bitching and cursing at the TV and I was thinking I'm a jinx or something.

That's how it's been since that ND game. We fans are now anticipating BS every time the Cards have a big play.

Still, the coaches have to get their shit together and discipline this team...and themselves.

Reactions: UofLouisville
I was talking to some people earlier about Clarkson. Does anyone know how he’s coming along? Gotta figure next year would be his year. If not, he transfers

Someone posted earlier that if we win the coin toss don’t differ go on offense right away. I agree with this because our defense doesn’t show up until after the first series by our opponent. Don’t we review film of our opponents because we don’t look prepared to start the games defensively.
In regards to Clarkson I hope he gets his chance here because he was highly recruited. The thing I am wondering is that Brohm runs a pro style offense and Clarkson is a duel threat quarterback.

Reactions: rh62531
Lmao @ the zebras. They're winning over more converts by the play.😅
Happy as a lark we got out of there with the win. The offense is better than their point production. Defense obviously has its own issues but I thought they swarmed the ball better after the first series. Gotta quit missing with that first tackler,turning their guys into Houdini. Great teams open field tackle at a high level.

What happened was the ref who threw the flag saw the hold but another official asked him if he was sure it just wasn't the defender running over the blocker?

That it was more of an illusion that the blocker was holding down the defender as he was being slammed to the ground. The ref probably said something like, "I didn't see that but it's possible. Did you have a better angle?" This other ref said yes he did so they went with his call.

This could easily be two competitive people with one having more experience or clout compared to the other. The lead official should have this shit knocked out before the game. It's definitely not idea to pick up a holding flag in the 4th quarter. Someone is going to be irate.

The announcer mentions this when he sees the replay for the first time, thinking maybe it was just the blocker being ran over, but then he sees the blockers hands pulling down the defender onto him.

The timing of this call was so typical of this season. I was asking friends when are they going to call a offensive hold on Virginia? Then finally there was one but I was already half expecting the refs to be in a circle discussing the call and sure enough that's what happened.

I didn't say anything to my celebrating friends because the thought was so quick I didn't have time. A few seconds later all of us was bitching and cursing at the TV and I was thinking I'm a jinx or something.

That's how it's been since that ND game. We fans are now anticipating BS every time the Cards have a big play.

Still, the coaches have to get their shit together and discipline this team...and themselves.
One guy didn’t get the memo. He was reminded about it, and picked up the flag.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT