ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs OSU

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
1st period goes our way a lot of energy from both teams. I can see this game going down to the final minutes.

Morgan Jones was our 2nd leading scorer and giving OSU fits but she hasn’t been in for awhile. I wonder if she got hurt but we sure could use her now. OSU has the momentum unless we can swing that we will be in trouble.

Not understanding CJW’s lineups tonight. Russell is getting torched way too often on defense and Kasa is running on fumes. Peyton and Konno were both very productive and they are sitting on the bench. Harris comes in and is productive and she gets sat down. Olivia’s inability to jump has cost her several rebounds. Jones has really scored well tonight has been in the bench forever. We have a much better bench - not sure why we haven’t pressed OSU.

Ohio State is just better. At least tonight they are. They shoot it better. They turn it over less and they're getting the hustle points.

Walz doesn't have what he's used to having in a Evans and a Durr. HVL is just not as good as those two.

And I have to say Walz was out coached tonight.

Tough early schedule should toughen them by March.

Reactions: 2330859
I think OSU is the better team with more weapons. I think HVL doesn’t have the supporting cast this year that Louisville normally has. Our bigs just aren’t tough except for Cochran if she was 6’5” she would be awesome. We have a long way to go before we can get back to a top 10 team.

Reactions: Deeva
We ran out of gas at the 9 minute mark HVL looked tired in the 1st half. I wonder if she was still being hampered by the groin pull or if the short layoff hampered her. With hard work and better team chemistry this team could still make a deep run by tournament time.

I place this loss on coaching. Fire away as you seem fit. Why not go big? OSU is sort of ‘thin’. Get Dixon or Josie in the post and Olivia at the 4. I think OSU would have struggled to guard us in the paint. Konno and Peyton were in the game making plays and then we didn’t see them again until it didn’t matter. Kasa played way too much. I love her but we still come up short offensively with her in the game. HVL was in there too long as well. Both were gassed. Olivia and Russell were getting torched on the high picks over and over and over. Yet, they stayed in the game. Poor shot selection, poor fundamentals (blocking out and rebounding) and just the fact osu was hortong everything and when those shots started to fall their confidence just blew up. Hell, they shot over 60% for the game - they shot damn near 70% in the second half.

I place this loss on coaching. Fire away as you seem fit. Why not go big? OSU is sort of ‘thin’. Get Dixon or Josie in the post and Olivia at the 4. I think OSU would have struggled to guard us in the paint. Konno and Peyton were in the game making plays and then we didn’t see them again until it didn’t matter. Kasa played way too much. I love her but we still come up short offensively with her in the game. HVL was in there too long as well. Both were gassed. Olivia and Russell were getting torched on the high picks over and over and over. Yet, they stayed in the game. Poor shot selection, poor fundamentals (blocking out and rebounding) and just the fact osu was hortong everything and when those shots started to fall their confidence just blew up. Hell, they shot over 60% for the game - they shot damn near 70% in the second half.
Totally agree. Jeff is too hard headed sometimes for his own good.

OSU is simply a better, more balance team. They are fundamentally sound, and in much better physical condition, evidenced by their employing the full court trapping defense the entire game.

Olivia is over-matched and has no concept of defense, and her inability to finish inside on the offensive sets were in stark contrast to Mikulasik, who played Olivia “like a fiddle” th entire game. I will compliment Cochran on her much improved positioning for defensive rebounding, but some of that is a result of neglecting her defensive responsibilities.

By midway into the 3rd quarter it was obvious that we lost our composure and total control of the game. It did appear to me that Carr could beat the trap by herself, but for reasons that I do not completely understand, Walz tried to do it by committee, and it resulted in HVL being physically spent the rest of the game ….. her desperate shots in the 4th quarter were not even close.

Jones is very talented, and she is going to improve over time. Once she, Carr and the others start to contribute, it will allow HVL to be physically capable of contributing in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT