ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS NC STATE GAME THREAD

Defense needs to hold don’t let them come out and change to momentum. Now is the time when we need to force a turnover.

It's simply unreal the things you see in college football games. It's incomprehensible the decisions these players make. The last thing Plummer would want to do, he did it on the 1st play.

Plummer is AWFUL. Boneheaded decision making, playing like a freshman.
We agree here. Plummer has no defense for throwing that ball. A sack wouldn't have been as bad as a sack usually is. Would of still been inside the 20 on 2nd down.

He panicked like it was 3rd and long at midfield.

Good kick by Travelstead up 13-10 now is the time for the defense to hold them. Time running low we can let them get a drive going.

He could of ran that for 8 yards but he panicked and threw it away
Maybe not 8 yards but half that would have made it a 48 yard FG. He just threw it away because he panicked again. He's worried about making another mistake and that led to a mistake.

Good thing the 53 FG was good.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
It’s truly incredible how many commercials ESPN squeezes into these Friday night games

Reactions: 2330859
They blitz their 2 linebackers almost every play and Brohm still doesn’t know what to do. He’s pass crazy, no wonder he couldn’t recruit a good running back at Purdue.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Plummer throws the ball like a damn beach ball. He throws like he has zero confidence.

While I'm at it, does Brohm have more than 1 damn running play?

Last edited:
We just have to accept that Plummer is an emotionally fragile QB. If he gets protected and has success early, he can be very good. If he gets pressured, he panics and becomes mistake prone. Once he makes mistakes, he just doesn’t have the self confidence to pick himself back up. Any decent team/coach is going to pressure him early and often.

Jack Plummer is the same QB that we saw against BC, he is not a machine, he has demonstrated over and over again that he is equally capable of executing horrible judgement, particularly when under defensive pressure. Without Jack at QB, we are a pedestrian offensive football team.

Jeff’s post game comments are intentionally deferring most of the criticism on to himself, away from Jack.

NCST defensive scheme was as well prepared as any that I have witnessed in awhile …… they executed so effectively that it appeared they knew exactly where our OL blocking was going as soon as the ball was snapped, their DL and their LBs moved laterally faster than our blocking. Jordan had absolutely no gap. Surprised we did not attempt some mis-direction in the 2nd half.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Two day old post game thoughts.

Yes….a sold out road crowd does make a difference! If not, then what the hell is a home field advantage?

Perplexed by the offense, especially our O line. My gosh, we usually score 13 point’s before we get off the bus!

Brohm did seemed stymied by the NC St. defense. Just didn’t seem to know how to attack it.

Ron English is starting to look like a great DC.

When Cards are at home, bet the over. On the road…bet the under.

Plummer does not like to check down and he deserves the ripping he’s received for throwing a pick in the end zone. Seriously…what the hell?

So, let’s celebrate the win then go to work for ND. All the team goals are still there.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I didn’t understand the play call on the pick in the end zone, 1st and goal at the 5 yard line and we call a pass instead of a run. I also hope we run some draw plays and more screen passes. I also wish we would stretch the field more and run outside the tackles instead of having everything going between the tackles.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT