ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Miami

I didn’t think there was continuation shots in college basketball. The Miami player got fouled and then took 2 steps and threw it up and they counted the goal.

Reactions: Bardman
Have the Cards players forgot the fundamentals of basketball? Taking extra steps right in front of everyone or running the baseline after a turnover?

I didn’t think there was continuation shots in college basketball. The Miami player got fouled and then took 2 steps and threw it up and they counted the goal.
It's just once again the absolute joke the officiating in the women's game. It's to the point now it's ruining the enjoyment of watching the game. They called a blocking foul on Louisville when she stood there for a good 2 seconds and the offensive player tried to avoid charging, but side swept her and was awarded a blocking foul.

It's ridiculous how nothing is done about it.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Both teams are pretty even one team will separate and then the other team gets on a run and ties the game. Louisville needs to work more on movement when they have the ball. To many players are standing around when one of our players gets trapped.

Reactions: rodycard
It's starting to get one sided with the whistles. Cards are getting fouled on their close in shots and no calls.

Reactions: Bardman
Olivia is a bit MIA today. Not to say she isn’t working hard. I think she is working really hard defensively. I didn’t want it to sound like I was bagging on her 🤭

Last edited:
Assuming the Cards hold on…
Great win!!
I think this team isn’t quite as athletic as it needs to be an elite team. However, IF the passing improves, TOs decrease and Taylor can find her mojo from 3 - this team can be very good!

Reactions: rodycard
Good win the team as a whole hit some crucial shots. Curry lit it up the 3rd quarter. Russell came in the 4th quarter and lit it up hitting 3 straight 3 pointers a great team effort. Still a lot of work to be done but this team could be really good. Cards win 77-72

The game was a rock fight and we sure were sloppy, but I could not help feeling very confident with about 3 minutes to go. The women have won a lot of tough road games over the last few years and our coach is simply one of the best. Credit to team and coaches, see you Thursday at the Yum.

After our game I watched the UNCST vs Virginia game and there were some really bad calls there as well. The announcers weren’t quiet about calling them out.

Reactions: rh62531 and 2330859
Jeff’s response to the one incorrect “travel call” tells everything anyone wants to know about Women’s College Basketball officiating. If there is ever a chance to correct this unacceptable situation to continue; the NCAA a needs to allow each coach two (2) opportunities per game to challenge a questionable play; where some objective 3rd party could review the replay to determine correct call. It would be a teachable moment for the officials.

In addition to there being video evidence that Harris did not walk; you could see that prior to her spin move to the basket, the Miami defender reached in and grabbed Harris‘ arm; which explains why Harris appeared to hesitate when she made her move to the basket. It was a credit to the TV analysts who pointed out the incorrect call while reviewing the replay which not only cost UL 2 points, it should have been a “and one”, at a very critical point in the game.

If an official cannot distinguish a travel call from a pivot move to the basket; they should not be calling college games.

It doesn't make sense why the officiating is so bad. The women's game is a much slower athletic game than the men. These calls are right there in the open, not difficult to see, yet the incorrect whistle is constant.

A lot of assuming is going on, especially with charges. Players flop all the time and are rewarded. Traveling is guess work half the time. Players use the eurostep and change pivot foot all the time without a whistle, but dropsteps and spin moves are called walks all the time.

I have to say that if I watched 20 women's games in a month, 15 times the officiating is very bad. Not a bad call here or there but constantly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT