ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs FSU

I agree. I think we all enjoyed Sonja's take on women's sports. I don't hold her departure against her. Sports are not worth the angst that so many of us allow in our lives and a break can be the right thing. I've seen many people get angry on these boards at others, but I never saw that against Sonja. I look forward for her return someday.

I rewatched the the Louisville vs FSU game and it was just as fun watching it the 2nd time as it was the 1st time, but it was a lot less stressful. As a team we played really good and in the 4th quarter Morgan Jones had to sit out most of it because she had 4 fouls. HVL, Carr, Cochran, Kono & Robison played good ball as a team. If we had a chemistry problem ( which I have been worried about ) it didn’t show today because everybody was supporting and congratulating one another all the way.

So true Koz; it is a slow process, but CJW appears to have gotten Jones to play up to her high level, and I see the others starting to get more comfortable and contributing. This is by far the most competitive and balanced ACC that I can recall. Aside from ND, there is no one that seems to dominate home and away. Duke travels to UNC this week and I expect that will go down to the wire.

I rewatched the the Louisville vs FSU game and it was just as fun watching it the 2nd time as it was the 1st time, but it was a lot less stressful. As a team we played really good and in the 4th quarter Morgan Jones had to sit out most of it because she had 4 fouls. HVL, Carr, Cochran, Kono & Robison played good ball as a team. If we had a chemistry problem ( which I have been worried about ) it didn’t show today because everybody was supporting and congratulating one another all the way.
I don't think it was a true chemistry issue with the team, at least not from players getting along. I think it was more of the players adjusting to the way Morgan plays and how her style was fitting in. Early on she seemed like she was going 95 mph while the rest of the team was going 75. Kind of like Russ Smith's first year. When the team adjusted to his style of play the whole team got better. If you watched the telecast, they did a highlight reel of Jones at FSU. Every highlight showed her shooting a 18-20 ft jump shot, but yet for us, almost every time she scored was a driving layup to the rim and an and 1. I think they are starting to figure out how to complement each other better. Again though, we need more from Dixon and Harris IMHO.

On the whole, I'm just sad there was no room for Verhulst. Very pleased with who we have.

Chemistry and content will be quite different next season.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT