ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar passing

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Man this offense cannot truly take off until he can confidently throw the ball with accuracy. I cringe everytime he drops back to throw, he just doesn't seem comfortable at all throwing.

Reactions: Caveman
Lamar looked good today.

Defense was the chunk blowers, along with Petrino's , continued
bizarre playcalling.

Not tryin to score before the half was pathetic.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I thought Lamar played a good game against a top 15 team ON THE ROAD. It was good to see him having to make the decision to pass the ball, instead of always wanted to run the ball. UofL's top rusher should NEVER be the QB. If Lamar wants to be a better QB, he has to learn to throw the ball.

I want whoever gives us the best chance to win.

Some pine time might help the FR with his progressions. Some OL play might help him more. Might not.

I just hope we can beat any 3 plus uk and make the Banjo Bowl.

THAT would be ironic to say the least.

Still the young OLine. Can't Run, have to use the Shotgun ....
Hmm, I like Bolin, but we have the best QB for these circumstances.
Also, Lamar had a very good game. Loss not on him.

Reactions: SoulSr
That's not what I said and wasn't implying that either
Love this... "Let me in effect imply that but not own it."

Start Bolin, and not just the next game, but indefinitely. But this loss wasn't about Jackson. Is that right, Knuckles?

:rolleyes:

Barring injury, whoever starts at QB the next game--presumably Jackson--likely starts the rest of the year. Because the final six games look on paper to be games in which we will have some measure of success moving the ball...

Love this... "Let me in effect imply that but not own it."

Start Bolin, and not just the next game, but indefinitely. But this loss wasn't about Jackson. Is that right, Knuckles?

:rolleyes:

I think the game was lost because our defense wasn't up to the task. I think that Bolin should start going forward because I think that the offense has a higher probability of success with him under center. I think those are mostly mutually exclusive thoughts.

Well, since the thread was about Jackson, and you interjected comments only about Bolin, excuse me for not reading your brain waves about the defense or other "mostly mutually exclusive thoughts".

I'll say what Louisvillian was too polite to say... That's a lot of after-the-fact BS.

Well, since the thread was about Jackson, and you interjected comments only about Bolin, excuse me for not reading your brain waves about the defense or other "mostly mutually exclusive thoughts".

I'll say what Louisvillian was too polite to say... That's a lot of after-the-fact BS.

First of all I am on record prior to the game as saying that I thought Bolin should be the QB. If making a comment that I think Bolin might be the best option is "after-the-fact BS" then so be it. I think Jackson has played decent the past two games, but think that Bolin may be a better option right now. I felt that way three weeks ago and I feel that way today.

Regardless, if the defense doesn't pick things up, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Relax, we are a year away, but will still go bowling and beat UK. I'm good with it. This was not a good year to have our schedule front-loaded.

Jackson is one of the best offensive players on this team. Even if Bolin was starting every game, I highly doubt that would ever be said about him.

And before anyone says "fine, play Jackson somewhere else", remember... Petrino's motto is "feed the studs". That means all of the best guys on the field at the same time. That keeps Bolin off the field, unfortunately, and either Bonnafon or Jackson at QB. And I trust no one wants to still argue Reggie's merits at QB?...

Reactions: cardstud1
Fact of the matter is this....Petrino recruited Jackson...he didn't recruit Bolin and is it any debate which QB has the higher ceiling...it is Jackson and really it is not even close.

Plus, you can see the growth in LJ...This loss was not on him...at this point would much rather sit some guys on defense and play the younger players like Dee Smith, Jaire Alexander and Drew Bailey.

Reactions: cardstud1
Jackson is one of the best offensive players on this team. Even if Bolin was starting every game, I highly doubt that would ever be said about him.

And before anyone says "fine, play Jackson somewhere else", remember... Petrino's motto is "feed the studs". That means all of the best guys on the field at the same time. That keeps Bolin off the field, unfortunately, and either Bonnafon or Jackson at QB. And I trust no one wants to still argue Reggie's merits at QB?...

The feed the studs mantra is the reason I have felt that Bolin is the best option. I see the QB as the conduit to feed the studs. A balanced attack with limited turnovers is the best way to get the highest number of studs involved.

I like Kyle but put him in and the defense pins their ears back and with our offensive line issues he never has a chance. Lamar changes the defensive strategy of our opponents with his ability to run. I wish he had been groomed as our starter from the start of fall camp making him farther along in his development.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Lamar needs reps that is why making a Bowl Game is extremely important...if he gets that and with a full spring practice he should be a much more efficient QB in 2016

Lamar finished 20-35 for 307 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. His QB rating was a ridiculous 153.4.

Probably our best performer of the day on either side of the ball.

This loss not to be laid at Lamar's feet. Put it where it needs to go, on those who underperformed. CBP took out Reggie for dallying on a fumble and he didn't Fields! Fields missed Cooks 1st end around in 2nd half and just jogged after the miss. T Young played lights out as did Rankins, a De Brown.. JHC's played lackadaisical too! Reggie needs to be the TB, he gained several 1st downs when he got the ball!

When a team loses it is never because of one player or unit. Football is the ultimate team game. The defense did a great job in the first half and the offense didn't take advantage. The offense answers a FSU score then the back to back turnovers.

This is going to be a tough year because they are OK on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: JWtruthsquad
I'm not the coach, thank goodness.

If I were, I would do like a guy we had once who recruited a 4 star QB, but had a a very, very good walk on starting who had the respect of the team, and could distribute the ball to the studs very efficiently.

The 4 star recruit was given snaps, groomed not to fail, and eventually became a very, very good QB himself who won an Orange Bowl.

Wish we could find that coach today.

Reactions: earsky and BPGhost
i thought jackson was your best player yesterday. kinda shocked some are calling for him to be replaced. isn't he a true freshman, who was playing a very good defense on the road in a hostile environment? for a guy that isn't any good he sure fooled us, and the stats guy cause his stats (and he) looked pretty damn good to me. we'll take him if you guys don't want him.

i thought jackson was your best player yesterday. kinda shocked some are calling for him to be replaced. isn't he a true freshman, who was playing a very good defense on the road in a hostile environment? for a guy that isn't any good he sure fooled us, and the stats guy cause his stats (and he) looked pretty damn good to me. we'll take him if you guys don't want him.

He is a True Freshman and didn't get to campus until June-(So no Spring Practice)...yes it is nuts that "some want him benched"

Reactions: Louisvillian
First of all I am on record prior to the game as saying that I thought Bolin should be the QB. If making a comment that I think Bolin might be the best option is "after-the-fact BS" then so be it. I think Jackson has played decent the past two games, but think that Bolin may be a better option right now. I felt that way three weeks ago and I feel that way today.

Regardless, if the defense doesn't pick things up, it doesn't matter who the QB is.
Thanks for your input Mr. Bolin.

He IS the best offensive player. But something ain't right. He CAN NOT operate under center.

Maybe it's a chemistry thing. Or respect maybe? Our fans are at each others throats over it.

You haven't seen it, but when this Bolin kid comes in, it's like the WHOLE friggin team ups their game. Suddenly people are open. The line blocks better. RB's start getting 4, 5, 10 yds a carry.

But Jackson is "better". He's just not getting "it" out of the team.

So is "better", better? CBP thinks so. Probably will be next year or the next.

Reactions: earsky
He IS the best offensive player. But something ain't right. He CAN NOT operate under center.

Maybe it's a chemistry thing. Or respect maybe? Our fans are at each others throats over it.

You haven't seen it, but when this Bolin kid comes in, it's like the WHOLE friggin team ups their game. Suddenly people are open. The line blocks better. RB's start getting 4, 5, 10 yds a carry.

But Jackson is "better". He's just not getting "it" out of the team.

So is "better", better? CBP thinks so. Probably will be next year or the next.

20-35-3-1 with a qbr of 153. he did this against a very good defense, on the road in a very hostile environment, with a shakey o line and virtually no running game as a true freshman who didn't get to enroll early. keep in mind from the stands it looked to me that your wr had our db beat but he fell down on the int. that was a long completion at best and an incomplete pass at worst had he not fallen down. you guys are a rough crowd with maybe unrealistic expectations for such a young player/team. I thought he played a fantastic game and I'm not looking forward to seeing him again, especially after he "grows up".

Reactions: atiba
I'm not the coach, thank goodness.

If I were, I would do like a guy we had once who recruited a 4 star QB, but had a a very, very good walk on starting who had the respect of the team, and could distribute the ball to the studs very efficiently.

The 4 star recruit was given snaps, groomed not to fail, and eventually became a very, very good QB himself who won an Orange Bowl.

Wish we could find that coach today.
Playing in Conference USA made that a little easier to pull off and I'm not sure we have another Stefan LeFors on our roster.

...You haven't seen it, but when this Bolin kid comes in, it's like the WHOLE friggin team ups their game. Suddenly people are open. The line blocks better. RB's start getting 4, 5, 10 yds a carry...
Rollem, you're seeing too much of what you want to see. Bolin has had significant minutes in four games so far in his career: LPT, Georgia, Houston, and Clemson. We went 1-3 in those games, and beat the worst team BARELY. The game Bolin played every snap in--Clemson--was our worst offensive showing of the year so far.

I don't dislike Bolin, but the objective is winning ballgames, not logging style points. He's hardly experienced, but his development is a lot further along than Jackson's. As many have said, even if they were even at this point, you go with Jackson because of his much higher ceiling. You can strafe a team like LPT, but you're not going to beat many good teams with Bolin under center esp. with our other guys on offense at the moment...

Rollem, you're seeing too much of what you want to see. Bolin has had significant minutes in four games so far in his career: LPT, Georgia, Houston, and Clemson. We went 1-3 in those games, and beat the worst team BARELY. The game Bolin played every snap in--Clemson--was our worst offensive showing of the year so far.

I don't dislike Bolin, but the objective is winning ballgames, not logging style points. He's hardly experienced, but his development is a lot further along than Jackson's. As many have said, even if they were even at this point, you go with Jackson because of his much higher ceiling. You can strafe a team like LPT, but you're not going to beat many good teams with Bolin under center esp. with our other guys on offense at the moment...

To be fair, Lamar is 1-3 against FBS opponents where he has taken the majority of snaps. I don't dislike Jackson in fact I think he could be an all time great at UofL. But right now I think Bolin affords the best option to run the traditional Petrino style offense that creates matchup problems for the defense, is not turnover prone and can control the clock since apparently our defense isn't well conditioned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT