ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of Heart

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Some signs of effort today for about 1/2 of the game. Otherwise this team showed what it’s made of. As a whole this team has no passion and no pride. They voted a guy as team captain who gets himself suspended for the first quarter. Whomever gets the next head coaching job is going to have to figure out who actually wants to play.

Louisville Foosball:

2vCbHT.jpg

Ive stated it before. The players were auditioning for Brohm errrrrt the next coach.

The scholarship limit just went to its full allotment of 25. The purge is going to happen.

To bad the Cards couldn't get a waiver a purge about 40 players, and get a 40 scholly limit.

You have to jettison the ones who quit.
They no longer deserve to wear the Red and Black.

Reactions: Cue Card
They were really good up until the drive when they had 2 false starts and a holding penalty. At that point it was over. They flat gave up. It is amazing how fast they spit the bit.

They were really good up until the drive when they had 2 false starts and a holding penalty. At that point it was over. They flat gave up. It is amazing how fast they spit the bit.

Yep, it was sad how they turtled up. New coach definitely got to change that.

Pride is a part of it but these guys have been poorly coached and prepared. I find it humorous that people actually thought there would be a change when the problem still exists. We need a new coaching staff. Bobby was probably the only really good coach and he’s gone. Bobby lost his players but the assistants never had them.

The new coach won’t have to purge players, he’ll have to create a new culture just like Charlie did nothing less and nothing more.

They’re are players like Puma who have probably been screwed up bad and will take some real work to correct. After listening to Travis I’m not believing Bobby had as much interaction with the QBs as people were led to believe. Nick wasn’t qualified to walk my dog much less coach D1 QBs.

I still don’t believe this is as big a fix as some believe. We don’t have losing culture, just one poor season. Purdue had a losing culture and less talented players and JB has turned it around in two seasons. Whether it’s JB or another qualified guy will be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: vegasville1
as in life, the people doing the work get blamed for the incompetence of those training and leading them. give the players a break, they didn't sign up for this season and the coaches did not have them prepared from snap one of the season. changes are afoot, this season is an aberration, celebrate change, and count down the days to game one next year. Go Cards!

Reactions: CardsFirst
as in life, the people doing the work get blamed for the incompetence of those training and leading them. give the players a break, they didn't sign up for this season and the coaches did not have them prepared from snap one of the season. changes are afoot, this season is an aberration, celebrate change, and count down the days to game one next year. Go Cards!

I think we’ve all identified that the coaches have been totally incompetent. I complained about the inferior staff long before it was popular. All that being said, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the athletes would show some effort. Play for yourself, play for your teammates, play for your next coach, play for your interim coach, play for pride.

Reactions: nccardfan
For the first time ever, I will most likely miss a game voluntarily. I will watch on TV but I can't convince myself to go watch us get drilled by UK knowing we won't even out up a fight. I have had season tix since '85. First time for everything I guess. And I am not selling them, would rather they are empty than have blue in them.

Reactions: Wordless65
I think we’ve all identified that the coaches have been totally incompetent. I complained about the inferior staff long before it was popular. All that being said, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the athletes would show some effort. Play for yourself, play for your teammates, play for your next coach, play for your interim coach, play for pride.
I think you’ve officially become an “old guy”. ;):p

For the first time ever, I will most likely miss a game voluntarily. I will watch on TV but I can't convince myself to go watch us get drilled by UK knowing we won't even out up a fight. I have had season tix since '85. First time for everything I guess. And I am not selling them, would rather they are empty than have blue in them.
I feel the same way. I've missed one home game since 2005 and that was because I had surgery that day. I will not sit though a massacre at the hands of UK.

I could not agree more. What is crazy, I cannot blame Petrino for letting this happen. He knew going into the season he was toast. Only reason he was even allowed to coach this season was because the powers to be did not have balls to let him go after firing Jurich. Pitino’s dismissal was irrelevant at that point. Bobby knew this was his last season and if as much as jay walked he would be fired. His agent should win an ESPY for Smartest Man In the Room.

I could not agree more. What is crazy, I cannot blame Petrino for letting this happen. He knew going into the season he was toast. Only reason he was even allowed to coach this season was because the powers to be did not have balls to let him go after firing Jurich. Pitino’s dismissal was irrelevant at that point. Bobby knew this was his last season and if as much as jay walked he would be fired. His agent should win an ESPY for Smartest Man In the Room.

Petrino knew he was going to be fired going into the season? What?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT