ADVERTISEMENT

L1C4 is Back...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...Or it sure appears that way. Yes, the opponent was Samford. But these guys are way different from last year. They may not win as many games, but they appear to be the players Pitino covets playing the way he wants.

Should be fun to see how the season unfolds...

I watched the first half on line. I was impressed with Mitchell more than any other player. The team will always play hard so that wasn't a surprise, but the basketball IQ Mitchell showed was unbelievably high for a frosh playing in his very first college game. Outstanding effort.

Of course in a domination everyone looks like super friends.

There was for sure a positive vibe on the court and maybe even more telling on the sidelines. Those of us that went to the game would have the luxury of seeing what isn't always seen on the TV.

Mathiang is clearly going to be a mentor for Adel. Their close relationship is obvious and Mathiang was seen picking him up multiple times during the game when things didn't bounce Adel's way.

I'm liking the vibe all around. Want to see the reactions to adversity.

Coach said in post game that Nanu told coach to let some of the other guys play and that he didn't really need the minutes when coach went to put him back in the game. Coach said that Nanu would not have done that last year.

I think we are all going to love this team more week by week.

Yep, hilarious!
Not as funny as:
38-1.jpg

I hope you guys are as good as you think you will be this year. Would be nice to have this rivalry actually be competitive every year.
Just be happy with where you're at.Kicking our butts with the best talent this side of the NBA regularly,but settling for the consolation prize annually.

Just be happy with where you're at.Kicking our butts with the best talent this side of the NBA regularly,but settling for the consolation prize annually.

I know that UK fans and UofL fans differ on opinions greatly but I do believe you guys would be thrilled to have the yearly success we've had the last 5-6 years. No one besides Duke can claim better and that's only because of 1 more title. We've went further in the tournament and had more Final Fours that any team in College Basketball over that span.

I know that UK fans and UofL fans differ on opinions greatly but I do believe you guys would be thrilled to have the yearly success we've had the last 5-6 years. No one besides Duke can claim better and that's only because of 1 more title. We've went further in the tournament and had more Final Fours that any team in College Basketball over that span.

Perhaps, but we've had an extended period of joy watching the development and play of Peyton, Russ, Gorgui, Luke, Trez, Wayne, SVT, et al. Keep the t-shirts, I'll take the memories.

Reactions: cardfaninmemphis
Wrong again. UConn and Duke BOTH have 2 National Titles in the last 6 years. Louisville and UK have the other 2.

Last 6 years:
UK- 1 title, 3 Final Fours, 1 Elite 8 and 1 NIT
UofL- 1 Title 1 Final Four, 1 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8 and 2 NCAAs.

Congrats on the 2 FFs more than Louisville but your team also has an embarrassing NIT year and the Cards were one Mangok Mathiang overtime tip in that rolled out from reaching the Final Four last year and matching what UK's greatest college team in history accomplished.

We are just fine.

Wrong again. UConn and Duke BOTH have 2 National Titles in the last 6 years. Louisville and UK have the other 2.

Last 6 years:
UK- 1 title, 3 Final Fours, 1 Elite 8 and 1 NIT
UofL- 1 Title 1 Final Four, 1 Sweet 16, 1 Elite 8 and 2 NCAAs.

Congrats on the 2 FFs more than Louisville but your team also has an embarrassing NIT year and the Cards were one Mangok Mathiang overtime tip in that rolled out from reaching the Final Four last year and matching what UK's greatest college team in history accomplished.

We are just fine.

You honestly don't think Louisville has had some embarrassing moments in the last couple years? How about being knocked out my Morehead a couple years ago. Oh and thats 4 Final Fours in the last 6 years since were counting.

You honestly don't think Louisville has had some embarrassing moments in the last couple years? How about being knocked out my Morehead a couple years ago. Oh and thats 4 Final Fours in the last 6 years since were counting.
Now you're counting your Championship year as a Final Four. Ok then you have 4 and we have 2 now. No change there.

As far as being embarrassed by Morehead in the first round of the NCAA, it wasn't pleasant but they did have a stud player in Kenneth Faried and it took an incredible last second 3 pointer to beat us and it was the NCAA and not losing to Robert Morris in the NIT.

At the exact same time as we were losing on a last second shot to Morehead, Brandon Knight pulled UK's ass out of an embarrassing 1st round loss to Princeton with a under 10 second jumper to win. Again, not much difference.

Get over yourself and ask Cal to make sure he confers with John Robic at the end of games so he doesn't choke away another potential Title. Nobody is jealous of anything UK around here.

As the title of this hijacked thread reads...L1C4!!!

I do believe you guys would be thrilled to have the yearly success we've had the last 5-6 years
You miss my point,and it sounds like you're in the majority with uk fans coming here,happy with what you've gotten with those last 5-6 years.If I flipped the script and we were getting all those superstar NBA players,whipping uk's butt every year,but settling for the consolation prize,I wouldn't be happy with the results.You play to win the championship,and anything else under those circumstances is coming up short,imo.

Like somebody said though,thanks for chiming in on a thread created for something else.You'll have plenty of other threads in the near future to take shots.

How is he talking down UofL in anyway by saying "We(UK) are just fine." Sounds to me as if he was defending our team from those who were talking US down. He didn't say anything disrespectful.mthis is why you can never have a discussion between these two fan bases.

It's pretty amazing how some of them come over here and talk down on UofL hoops as if UofL has accomplished nothing.

It's such a contradiction.

"UofL sucks so much I'm on their message board!"

RAWR!!!!!

How is he talking down UofL in anyway by saying "We(UK) are just fine." Sounds to me as if he was defending our team from those who were talking US down. He didn't say anything disrespectful.mthis is why you can never have a discussion between these two fan bases.

Don't lecture me champ he said we would be "thrilled to have the success UK has had" in recent years as if we haven't had any success, and have nothing to be thrilled about.

We've had plenty of success of our own we don't need to compare ourselves to anybody to feel good about it.

He's also part of a thread hi-jack on our board that was intended to be a tribute to our team. We don't want to open threads on our board and read about UK, or UK fan's thoughts on UK. Get it?

Learn how to read before jumping in and defending your smack talking geographically lost (this is the UofL board not the UK board) pals.

Last edited:
You miss my point,and it sounds like you're in the majority with uk fans coming here,happy with what you've gotten with those last 5-6 years.If I flipped the script and we were getting all those superstar NBA players,whipping uk's butt every year,but settling for the consolation prize,I wouldn't be happy with the results.You play to win the championship,and anything else under those circumstances is coming up short,imo.

So as you see it, the only thing that counts and makes a program successful is national titles? If that's these case then UofL has only been successful an average of every 30 years or so. All the other years have been a waist. As a fan of UK I will say that as long as we remain in the hunt year in and out what more could I ask for.

Only a Lexington university basketball fan would know about embarrassment... 7 years, 30 first round NBA draft picks, and ONE title. I hope cow & stoops stay till the cows come home.

Only a Lexington university basketball fan would know about embarrassment... 7 years, 30 first round NBA draft picks, and ONE title. I hope cow & stoops stay till the cows come home.
One things for sure if Calipari does stay much longer we will continue to put players in the league and put more banners in the rafters. You can also bet that there will be more titles and a one sided rivalry in our favor. Good luck on your season card fans.

One things for sure if Calipari does stay much longer we will continue to put players in the league and put more banners in the rafters. You can also bet that there will be more titles and a one sided rivalry in our favor. Good luck on your season card fans.
If recent history repeats you are correct. By the year 2020 UK will have tons of players in the NBA (congrats, we know how much that means to you guys) and we both will have won another National Title.

Sweet 40-0 dreams but remember their is a pop quiz always due in April for your fine coach.

You almost have to try to lose with that much talent.

Their football program could use some of that talent, but it looks like they'd waste it there too.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Champ;) Lol maybe you are starting to get it.

Don't lecture me champ he said we would be "thrilled to have the success UK has had" in recent years as if we haven't had any success, and have nothing to be thrilled about.

We've had plenty of success of our own we don't need to compare ourselves to anybody to feel good about it.

He's also part of a thread hi-jack on our board that was intended to be a tribute to our team. We don't want to open threads on our board and read about UK, or UK fan's thoughts on UK. Get it?

Learn how to read before jumping in and defending your smack talking geographically lost (this is the UofL board not the UK board) pals.

Reactions: BrowDown23
Only a Lexington university basketball fan would know about embarrassment... 7 years, 30 first round NBA draft picks, and ONE title. I hope Cal & stoops stay till the cows come home.
Fixed it for you. And, you may actually believe this, but you're in the minority. Very few UofL fans like the fact that UK has had the yearly success (recruiting and on the court) achieved under Cal. Everyone will chime in here and have your back, but the message board community does not reflect the overwhelming majority. As for Stoops, that's the truth, I have no doubt you all want him to stay around...

Reactions: porterjt
English is the language of the forum. Try it next time.

LOL, UK fans and curly reasoning. Obsessed with Duke and Louisville, all those radically embarrassing football losses, a hoops coach who sports a "Born To Lose" tat for the month of April...............fans whose mouth foam is their only defining characteristic. Do you still have your jar of Pitino dirt from the construction of his home there?

I honestly believe that UK fans are buying into Calipari telling them that draft night is more important. They even had two lottery picks on the NIT team, I guess that got them through missing the dance. Smdh

I have a question for our little brothers. How many years will it be before you guys will have even a decent chance to beat UK again. In all honesty it hasn't even been close for the last few years and the gap seems to be getting even larger.

Dude, we kick your a$$ in football, our women's team has played in the championship, baseball team is an annual CWS participant, and your only sport we've won the most recent championship. It must suck to be you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT