ADVERTISEMENT

knock knock

Here is a little bit of information for you. Mizzou had the number 4 ranked defense in the entire country when we beat them.
And a 1-2 Kent State had the #3 Defense when you played Mizzou. They now are 1-3 and have the #4 Defense. Does that make them a Juggernaut now too?
A 2-1 Appalachian State sits with the #5 Defense. 3-1 Boston College with the #1 Defense. a 4-0 NC State with the #3 Defense.

None of these teams, except for BC, who has played Florida State and lost, haven't played anyone worth a darn yet, for these stats to really amount to anything. It's too early against weaker competition.

Michigan sitting at # 2 defense might be legit.

Anyways way too early to go off who has the #1 Offense in the land, or #1 Defense in the land, when conference play has barely even started, or not at all for some teams.

Wins and losses are all that matter. Stats only tell part of the story.

Louisvilles juggernaut early schedule has lost a little sizzle. Auburn is awful, Houston is a good team, Clemson is overrated and will get boat raced by Notre Dame, and Samford.
In the long run, stats are what matter MOST. Teams don't often win consistently while logging poorer stats. And that's why they keep them. I wouldn't necessarily expect an LPT fan to understand that.

Nor would I expect an LPT football fan to recognize or predict good football performance, teams, etc.

And pointing out that IU also beat Mizzou recently just underscores how unimpressive your win Saturday was. IU could beat a BETTER Mizzou team on the road.

LPT Football: Not ready to start playing IU again...

And to add to everything else already said, nobody can argue that our schedule has been tougher so far, here are where both teams rank statistically.
Offense
UK 100
Louisville 70

Defense
UK 62
Louisville 46

We aren't happy with our stats yet UK fans are giddy .

Reactions: Cue Card
I think the point many of you are missing is, even though we have lost 29 straight to UF, we still lead the series against you. So, that is not saying very good things about either program.

Why wouldn't we? We are 3-1, when most REASONABLE people thought 2-2 would be the best possible outcome.

To touch the 29-0 topic, I have no idea how you can't somehow luck up and win one out of 30 years of games. Maybe next year will be the one time, but I doubt it.

To bring up something Ipartied mentioned, when we seee a good offense we will know how good our defense is. I agree, thankfully there are only 2 teams left that have actual good offenses right now. You mentioned them, so that gives me hope to win a few more games this season.

I think the point many of you are missing is, even though we have lost 29 straight to UF, we still lead the series against you. So, that is not saying very good things about either program.

Whatever floats your boat pal. My dad is 77 and in his lifetime Louisville leads the series.

No, I think we have the point...

This thread is about LPT and its ineptitude.

And it's about modern history, i.e., when most of us were alive.

LPT Football: 1956 national champs...

Silly me I thought that Louisville led the series against UKay 13-8. I forgot about those six wins you all had back at the turn of the 20th century. You guys rocked back then. The Cats even looked more the part back then rocking the White button downs and vests while the Cards had on silly turbans.

firstgame1.jpg

AP: Cats too much for Cardinals on this day....Stop,
Louisville Coach complained to no avail that Kentucky had 5 extra players on field...Stop.
Wildcats administrators decide to cancel series after 6 games, sense UofL improving..Stop.

You're as big a moron here as you are on CI. Half your wins were in the Titanic era. Lexington YMCA or some such leads the series against you. You know good and well we've owned your butt since the advent of the foreward pass. Run along clown

Last edited by a moderator:
In the long run, stats are what matter MOST. Teams don't often win consistently while logging poorer stats. And that's why they keep them. I wouldn't necessarily expect an LPT fan to understand that.

Nor would I expect an LPT football fan to recognize or predict good football performance, teams, etc.

And pointing out that IU also beat Mizzou recently just underscores how unimpressive your win Saturday was. IU could beat a BETTER Mizzou team on the road.

LPT Football: Not ready to start playing IU again...

HAHA, IU beat them LAST year at home. As for the Stats, UK's defense has improved every game, and is pretty good this year because of exactly the reason I told you over the summer,DEPTH.

Go on and twist it however makes you feel better about the current situation.

HAHA, IU beat them LAST year at home. As for the Stats, UK's defense has improved every game, and is pretty good this year because of exactly the reason I told you over the summer,DEPTH.

Go on and twist it however makes you feel better about the current situation.

Yep this season has "special" written all over it. See you in Shreveport

And to add to everything else already said, nobody can argue that our schedule has been tougher so far, here are where both teams rank statistically.
Offense
UK 100
Louisville 70

Defense
UK 62
Louisville 46

Playing a team like Samford will do that for a team, good stat stuffer. After UK plays EKU lets revisit this post.

Lol. Please, just stop...

I feel like UK fans only bring up this point as a last resort when defending their program.

let's see here, one UK fan brings up most recent history with 4-4 then one of you fans say the record only counts in semi recent history. You know, the one that has you guys leading. Then when the actuall overall head to head is brought up some of you guys can't take it.

let's see here, one UK fan brings up most recent history with 4-4 then one of you fans say the record only counts in semi recent history. You know, the one that has you guys leading. Then when the actuall overall head to head is brought up some of you guys can't take it.

Whose the clown now CardFan1130?

Why stop at 8. The last ten where SuCkS is 4-6

I reiterate. Even VANDY has beaten UF twice during your phenomenal losing
streak to the Gators.

Keep on topic.

Oh hell yeah! Too bad we don't have that streak but we will get it to like 100000 eventually!

Playing a team like Samford will do that for a team, good stat stuffer. After UK plays EKU lets revisit this post.
How about Lafayette and a run of SEC East stiffs?

LPT Football: We look good when everyone else sucks...

My point was that Louisville's rankings have a 1-AA team factored in, UK doesn't up to this point. Think that might skew statistics just a little.

Then when the actuall overall head to head is brought up some of you guys can't take it.
Oh I'm quite sure Louisville fans can take it that UK fans like yourself are giving weight to games that were played using a watermelon and some of the players involved would be 121 years old if they hadn't passed 50 years ago.

Congrats on the 14-13, hard to believe fans on either side would be goofy enough to bring up those 1st 6 games.

Trust me warrior is that goofy.
This coming from a guy who knows not a whole lot about anything especially sports, politics, world news, ....I could go on but what would be the point. He has been seen many times on CI getting his butt kicked in all subjects. "Trust me".

You're on our board now you ignorant racist. To what do we owe the great honor of your gracing us with your presence?

You're on our board now you ignorant racist. To what do we owe the great honor of your gracing us with your presence?
This was supposed to be a discussion about UK football woes against UF not a pissing contest between us. It suffices to say your hypocritcal point of me being on the UL board after you trolling CI on a regular basis is quite telling. My apologies to the rest of you, please get back to the intended discussion.

Last edited:
Yes a discussion about your haplessness against Florida and you bring up games against us that pre-date WWI.

Here's something that puts the Florida streak into perspective for me. A legend brought his revolutionary DJ style to turn the Louisville market on its ear one year before UK's last victory over Florida. I remember riding around town in my dad's car and listening to that fresh voice, Terry Meiners.

That was a LONG time ago, my friends.

I was two years out of college then. And now I'm an old fart.

LPT Football: Timeless ineptitude...

If UofL had played our schedule you would still be 1-3 (hopefully you beat ULL, they are better then Samford)

Looking over your schedule I see a tough road ahead to get five more wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT