ADVERTISEMENT

John Beilein - Was He Considered?

Thought your point was leaving the next season.

Got to admit, didn't read your post all that closely - my bad.
No, pig can't read his own post. Hell, Pitino came to Louisville after playing in TWO championship games at LPT...

No, pig can't read his own post. Hell, Pitino came to Louisville after playing in TWO championship games at LPT...

So really either way you want to interpret his post... it's not all that applicable to the conversation.

I really hope Mack does well, he wants to be here, he is wanted, and that is a really good combination.

I understand you're simply pointing out the problems you have with Tyra, and I think your readers are taking your position and turning it into something that it isn't.

I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't advocating for or against anybody as far as the coaching hire has played out - was just making some conversation is all.

Harrick did end up at Rhode Island and Georgia does that count?

Harrick did end up at Rhode Island, but was hired after being unemployed during the 1996 - 1997 season. UCLA fired Harrick after he covered up paying dinner for Cameron Dollar and Charles O'Bannon. So, that would not qualify for a coach leaving their school after appearing in a National Championship game.

Your original post was in regards to coaches leaving the next year. Which Belein didn't fit. That's it just let it go. Thread was created prior to Mack being hired why not accept that?

I get it man. You and Hank went to grade school together you got his back. I enjoy Hank and have already apologized to him for getting after him a year or two ago.

I don't need your history lessons on these things either. Stick to trolling UCF on the football board. No. Don't. You look awful when you do that too.

Unless I misunderstood, the focus of your argument was the CURRENT game coaches. Have you forgotten that?? LOL...

Once again, no facts pick apart the message. Nice try.

Pitino, Fisher, and Harrick were not employed as college basketball coaches when they took their next college jobs (all had been fired from coaching NBA/college); so it's kinda hard to say you've moved from one college coaching job to another college coaching job, when you're been unemployed or coached in the NBA in between. The coaches that the WEEDS keep mentioning (Beilein and Wright) are currently employed college basketball coaches. So as my list shows....they're going to move to another college coaching job.

I know you're a bit slow and hard headed, but hopefully this clears it up.

Your original post was in regards to coaches leaving the next year. Which Belein didn't fit. That's it just let it go.

Please show me where I used the words "next year"? This is my post from above......

Since 1990, there has only been 2 coaches leave from the winning or losing team in the National Championship game to another college basketball team and that was Roy Williams (Kansas to his Alma Mater in UNC and also a top 3 program) and John Calipari (mid-major Memphis to UK which is 1 of 3 most coveted/highest paying college basketball coaching jobs). So this idea that Jay Wright or John Beilein were or will be in play is completely unfounded. The "Weeds" can keep trying to undermine Tyra's hiring of Chris Mack, but until they show some real data that "home run coach" could have been hired at Louisville, they are just spouting nothing but hot air.

Not sure why you're getting so sensitive, just admit you misread my post and move on.

"The" losing "team" is the next year. Which is why you highlighted the coaches that left "the next" year. If you meant the losing "program" you would have said the losing "program".....

That said I accept what you were "trying" to say. Ok? Ok!!!!

I also made it clear I support Mack so why not just leave it at that?

I'm not sensitive we are just arguing about semantics.

I'm not sensitive You're sensitive.

Joking!

Mack has my full support....

Once again, no facts pick apart the message. Nice try.

Pitino, Fisher, and Harrick were not employed as college basketball coaches when they took their next college jobs (all had been fired from coaching NBA/college); so it's kinda hard to say you've moved from one college coaching job to another college coaching job, when you're been unemployed or coached in the NBA in between. The coaches that the WEEDS keep mentioning (Beilein and Wright) are currently employed college basketball coaches. So as my list shows....they're going to move to another college coaching job.

I know you're a bit slow and hard headed, but hopefully this clears it up.
Well, why don't you clarify what your mostly irrelevant examples prove? So your "home run" prospect has to be a former championship game participant with continuous employment as a college coach. Where the hell did you come up with that besides just trying to narrow the field for Tyra?

There was a HR hire list with at least a half dozen names on it. But your AD already cleared a low bar with his #1 choice. The guy he's got (Mack) is neither a home run or elite...

Well, why don't you clarify what your mostly irrelevant examples prove? So your "home run" prospect has to be a former championship game participant with continuous employment as a college coach. Where the hell did you come up with that besides just trying to narrow the field for Tyra?

There was a HR hire list with at least a half dozen names on it. But your AD already cleared a low bar with his #1 choice. The guy he's got (Mack) is neither a home run or elite...

Everyone else can comprehend but you. Go back and read the thread again....WEED.

Everyone else can comprehend but you. Go back and read the thread again....WEED.
Obfuscation ain't bailing you out...

pig-fence.adapt.945.1.jpg

Hey, I hope that's somewhere close to being right. Means I have a pretty good team to cheer for next year.

Or it just means a guy named "Rob Dauster" is an idiot...

Hey, I hope that's somewhere close to being right. Means I have a pretty good team to cheer for next year.

Or it just means a guy named "Rob Dauster" is an idiot...

What the hell would you cheer for? You’re a hater who’s banking on anything that Tyra put in place failing. You’re a WEED.

What the hell would you cheer for? You’re a hater who’s banking on anything that Tyra put in place failing. You’re a WEED.
Funny stuff. Fanboy's not hijacking a team I was a fan of when fanboy was a slapd!ck. Now that he's decided to be a U of L fan, I'll have have to share with scumbags and apologists for scumbags.

Gonna be fun, and I have fun regardless of outcome. Sucks for a pig...

800-pigs-in-grass1.jpg

Where did I say Brad Stevens is the only elite basketball coach in America? Anyone??

Speaking of Jay Wright... Insiders claim that Wright was the next U of L coach with Jurich still in charge. We traded George Clooney for Terry Meiners...

That is Bull Chit....and hearsay....and unprovable by you or anyone else except Jay Wright.

And why in heavens name would he want to leave NOVA.

Sometimes you just need to let go of this 'Jurich walks on water mantra' that you keep spouting off about....cause iffn he did....he would still have a job at UofL. He doesn't. Time to let it go man. Time marches on.

That is Bull Chit....and hearsay....and unprovable by you or anyone else except Jay Wright.

And why in heavens name would he want to leave NOVA.

Sometimes you just need to let go of this 'Jurich walks on water mantra' that you keep spouting off about....cause iffn he did....he would still have a job at UofL. He doesn't. Time to let it go man. Time marches on.
Sorry Mayo, it's hearsay for you, but I'm one step closer... My guy spoke directly to Jurich and is highly credible in the U of L community. Jurich made the rounds when he packed up his Lake Forest residence.

Of course, Jurich could be lying. But why would I believe other anonymous people on the internet compared to someone with a stellar track record? Not to mention, it's known publicly that the Wrights and Juriches are friends. Tom at least had a line of communication with Jay whether or not it would bear fruit.

And neither you or I know otherwise. Imagine that possibility--Jurich and Wright--compared to where we are now with Tweedledum, Tweedledee, and the Family Tweedle...

I’m not sure why this is being debated at this point. Whether Jay Wright would have come here if Tom Jurich was still here is now pointless. It’s obvious to me (duh) that neither TJ nor Jay Wright aren’t here and they ain’t showin’ up at the door, ever. WHAT is reality is that Vince Tyra IS indeed here and so is Chris Mack. Now if you want to debate if Vince Tyra hit a home run hire with Chris Mack then go right ahead. I think he did. So go right ahead and debate that fact. We won’t know “for sure” for a few years and that’s for sure. WHAT I do know for sure is that the baseball Cards play the cayuts on SEC network TV this evening at 6:30 PM and that they have a very important home series versus NCST at Patterson starting Friday.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I’m not sure why this is being debated at this point. Whether Jay Wright would have come here if Tom Jurich was still here is now pointless. It’s obvious to me (duh) that neither TJ nor Jay Wright aren’t here and they ain’t showin’ up at the door, ever. WHAT is reality is that Vince Tyra IS indeed here and so is Chris Mack. Now if you want to debate if Vince Tyra hit a home run hire with Chris Mack then go right ahead. I think he did. So go right ahead and debate that fact. We won’t know “for sure” for a few years and that’s for sure. WHAT I do know for sure is that the baseball Cards play the cayuts on SEC network TV this evening at 6:30 PM and that they have a very important home series versus NCST at Patterson starting Friday.

OOPS the game has been moved to 4:00 pm. And I’m not sure about the TV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT