ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm not worthy yet. *sarcasm

I'd really appreciate it if you guys didn't hire Brohm! Haha in all seriousness though, he's got a really good gig at Purdue. Like really good. The job he has now isn't the Purdue of two years ago, it's a pretty good job. Obviously not an osu, Clemson type job, but he can make the big ten championship at Purdue. They are giving him everything he needs to win. Spending more money on the program and coaches every year. Hoping he gets entrenched at Purdue and sticks around for a long time. Which I think is possible.

Jeff Brohm ain't on his way to Louisville anytime soon...
  • We cant afford him... He's making $4+ million annually for seven years guaranteed, and he sure as hell ain't taking less than that.
  • BEFORE we even got that far, we have to come up with $12+ million sometime in the next three years to buy out Petrino.
  • Jeff would have to leave Greg and Brian behind.
Best of luck to all of the Brohms on that seven-year hitch...

Reactions: swurv99
  • We cant afford him... He's making $4+ million annually for seven years guaranteed, and he sure as hell ain't taking less than that.
  • BEFORE we even got that far, we have to come up with $12+ million sometime in the next three years to buy out Petrino.
Many more games like yesterday and we can’t afford to keep CBP...

Looks like we all agree that the Petrino buyout amount is just inexplicable. Who were we bidding against that demanded that kind of buyout? I’m afraid our hands are firmly tied together. I’d expect some staff changes, but it’s tough to envision any high impact assistants wanting to plunge into this situation under Petrino.

Nice to know, this makes you happy.
Youre a hell of a Cards fan.......SMH

I dont know if Brohm is the long term answer.

But he would damn sure jump start this dead offense we have now.

Honest question, what does Louisville offer brohm that Purdue doesn't besides he went to Louisville? Is him being from Louisville the only reason people assume he would leave Purdue?

Honest question, what does Louisville offer brohm that Purdue doesn't besides he went to Louisville? Is him being from Louisville the only reason people assume he would leave Purdue?
Well Mr. Boiler and I’m trying not be a smart ass but the Brohm family is probably the most recognized football family name in the entire city of Louisville. Not near the say the level of Ali but close to say Paul Hornung, the Golden Boy. Wouldn’t you like to be where everyone knows your name and you have the key to the city?

Reactions: Cue Card
Hometown can be a big factor in making that decision. As far as programs, I don think there is a big difference. Both are in big time conferences, both schools have tradition [mostly in basketball].

The same thing Purdue saw in him when they poached him from WKU.

I wouldn't kid yourself...the Brohms are generational Louisville people. I saw him and his family at our Spring game the year before he took the Purdue job.

BUT U of L fans kid themselves on how easy it would be to attract him considering what he has going for himself at Purdue. And they don't recognize that Purdue can and would compete in a bidding war for his services if he continues to perform. Not to mention the potential allure of a job like ND for a Catholic family if the Irish came calling.

The big beneficiary in all of this will be Jeff and his family, and they're good people who deserve it...

I wouldn't kid yourself...the Brohms are generational Louisville people. I saw him and his family at our Spring game the year before he took the Purdue job.

BUT U of L fans kid themselves on how easy it would be to attract him considering what he has going for himself at Purdue. And they don't recognize that Purdue can and would compete in a bidding war for his services if he continues to perform. Not to mention the potential allure of a job like ND for a Catholic family if the Irish came calling.

The big beneficiary in all of this will be Jeff and his family, and they're good people who deserve it...

You were wrong about the Arena
You were wrong about that idiot Pitino
You were wrong about thief Petrino
Jury is still out on Tyra.

Now youre wrong about Brohm
He WILL be Head Coach at the University of Louisville one day.

I'm well aware of the Louisville connections. That's why I asked what there was besides that. Everyone just assumes brohm is building himself up to leave. Idk why there is that assumption. Purdue will be paying him 4 mil next year. His assistants are getting 3.9 mil. And in the last 2 years, Purdue has invested over 100 mil in football alone with plans to invest another 100ish mil in the next few years. Brohm is getting everything he wants. Plus, he has an easy path to the big ten championship.

I'm well aware of the Louisville connections. That's why I asked what there was besides that. Everyone just assumes brohm is building himself up to leave. Idk why there is that assumption. Purdue will be paying him 4 mil next year. His assistants are getting 3.9 mil. And in the last 2 years, Purdue has invested over 100 mil in football alone with plans to invest another 100ish mil in the next few years. Brohm is getting everything he wants. Plus, he has an easy path to the big ten championship.

I don’t think people are disrespecting Purdue in thinking Brohm would leave Purdue for UofL. It’d be a mostly lateral move, but one cannot overstate the family’s connection to UofL and to the city of Louisville.

You were wrong about the Arena
You were wrong about that idiot Pitino
You were wrong about thief Petrino
Jury is still out on Tyra.

Now youre wrong about Brohm
He WILL be Head Coach at the University of Louisville one day.
I love being wrong about the arena... :p

ADVERTISEMENT