ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm not worthy yet. *sarcasm

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
his Boilermakers totally dismantling #23 Boston College on both sides of the ball, 30-7 late.

Not bad for a 2nd year coach who inherited a middling C-USA type team.

#Charlottesville

Reactions: earsky and wilkie01
I think Jeff is a good coach and could end up being a great one. There is still a long way to go before we know the answer though.

Big difference - no? Not an unreasonable position either to be fair.
Yes but it gets old. Nothing is ever guaranteed but the pall that has slowly enveloped this program compared to the freshness of JB and the life he breathed into one of the most moribund power 5 programs should be startling.

Wasn't Bobby Jeff's mentor? If we did fire him, would he be hesitant to step into the role his mentor was fired from?

Honestly I would love Brohm, and we may have to act fast. If USC(or someone like them) opens and they offer, I don't care about loyalty to us, he will jump to a Powerhouse program very quick.

Wasn't Bobby Jeff's mentor? If we did fire him, would he be hesitant to step into the role his mentor was fired from?

Honestly I would love Brohm, and we may have to act fast. If USC(or someone like them) opens and they offer, I don't care about loyalty to us, he will jump to a Powerhouse program very quick.
Not for a second. It's a business, and both Petrino and Brohm understand that. Jeff Brohm will come home. Again, the only variable is time.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Brohm was groomed by Petrino to take over at Western AND Louisville.

Like Cue said, the only variable is WHEN he is HC here, not if.

Reactions: Cue Card
Yep his team is great. Loved that loss to EMU at home. Was he undercoaching then or overcoaching today?

Same BC team that ran for 370 yards with a freshman tailback at Lamar Jackson led Louisville last year in a victory.
It takes a really good run defense to contain Boston College. They are a run first, pass second type team.

Purdue held the Golden Eagles to 85 yards on 34 carries. That is why Purdue won today.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Bobby blows . Maybe he pulls a rabbit out of a hat. Probably not. The point is, Jeff Brohm is anything but a clear-cut solution.

Reactions: CardsFirst
C'mon BP.

When Purdue lost to EMU, there were several posters and phone callers on
Radio shows bashing Brohm.
Pointing out that losing at home to EMU is a bad loss as a way to tell those who want Petrino fired, is a far from bashing him. There clearly are lots of UofL fans that feel Petrino is the better option but, nobody dislikes JB.

Maybe some 80s St. X alums but, that doesn’t count - lol.

Theyve lost by 4, 1 and 3.
They dont have the horses that Louisville has.
It doesn’t matter the score. People seem to not give a rip that we’ve played Clemson close 3 out of 4 times since we’ve been in the ACC. We don’t have the horses of Clemson yet we played them close more often than not. Why should we give credit to one guy for playing bad teams close and losing and not give credit to the other guy for playing a national champion close?

Reactions: HRTheCard
Not for a second. It's a business, and both Petrino and Brohm understand that. Jeff Brohm will come home. Again, the only variable is time.
I will add luck as well. I sit there and watch UCF with 2017 National Champions written across their stadium, the same UCF who is in the AAC and wonder what might have been.

It doesn’t matter the score. People seem to not give a rip that we’ve played Clemson close 3 out of 4 times since we’ve been in the ACC. We don’t have the horses of Clemson yet we played them close more often than not. Why should we give credit to one guy for playing bad teams close and losing and not give credit to the other guy for playing a national champion close?

Yeah.
Let's just stick with the guy stealing money who has already retired.

Purdue was picked last yet won their bowl game.

Venables aint leavin fior this trainwreck.

Even if he did, he s going back to Clemson once Dabo heads to Bama.

Brohm is young and exciting.
He actually wants to win.

I'bet Strong would come back, but he'll turn out just like Petrino.

Theyve lost by 4, 1 and 3.
They dont have the horses that Louisville has.

First It’s been a while since we played Clemson close and we’ve been in a nose dive since.

Second I’m certainly not advocating Brohm be hired as our next coach because “He’s UofL” that logic is insane. He’s got to be the right hire.

He beats a BC team that has yet to play anyone. And Purdue just came off a loss to EMU. So it might be that BC was overrated.

Two thing that need to occur 1) Let’s see how the rest of Purdue’s season goes and 2) Lets see how BC does with the better ACC teams.

It might be that Brohm and Purdue has a solid year and that’s great, which would make him a very good candidate.

I don’t see anything happening until after next year although I think Bobby needs to go tomorrow or something better change fast. I haven’t seen FB that bad at UofL since Cooper and he didn’t have that quality of players. We just got embarrassed by UVA. We couldn’t score a TD. Even when our D gave it to our O on the 4 yard line!

Yeah.
Let's just stick with the guy stealing money who has already retired.

Purdue was picked last yet won their bowl game.

Venables aint leavin fior this trainwreck.

Even if he did, he s going back to Clemson once Dabo heads to Bama.

Brohm is young and exciting.
He actually wants to win.

I'bet Strong would come back, but he'll turn out just like Petrino.
Young and exciting has a sub .500 record in power 5 games. Most people have said that they won’t to be “shown” that a football coach deserves their support. The jury is still out on Jeff, he needs a few more years.

First It’s been a while since we played Clemson close and we’ve been in a nose dive since.

Second I’m certainly not advocating Brohm be hired as our next coach because “He’s UofL” that logic is insane. He’s got to be the right hire.

He beats a BC team that has yet to play anyone. And Purdue just came off a loss to EMU. So it might be that BC was overrated.

Two thing that need to occur 1) Let’s see how the rest of Purdue’s season goes and 2) Lets see how BC does with the better ACC teams.

It might be that Brohm and Purdue has a solid year and that’s great, which would make him a very good candidate.

I don’t see anything happening until after next year although I think Bobby needs to go tomorrow or something better change fast. I haven’t seen FB that bad at UofL since Cooper and he didn’t have that quality of players. We just got embarrassed by UVA. We couldn’t score a TD. Even when our D gave it to our O on the 4 yard line!
Since when is 2 seasons been a while? Last year was the only bad game against them. We haven’t played our best ball since. I will give you that. I agree that we will see at the end of the season what we need to do about our coaching situation and if Jeff is a good enough candidate. You never know.

Young and exciting has a sub .500 record in power 5 games. Most people have said that they won’t to be “shown” that a football coach deserves their support. The jury is still out on Jeff, he needs a few more years.

A few more years and he may never come here.
We cant afford to wait.

Petrino was hired without ever holding a head coaching job in the 1A and went 41-9.

Brohm will have 5 years experience after this season and the same amount of bowl wins and Petrino will have had since 2014.

Since when is 2 seasons been a while? Last year was the only bad game against them. We haven’t played our best ball since. I will give you that. I agree that we will see at the end of the season what we need to do about our coaching situation and if Jeff is a good enough candidate. You never know.

In FB two seasons is a while and we’re trending down. After that loss at Clemson we stumbled through the rest of the season culminating with a loss to SuCk. Last year wasn’t horrible but we took losses that we shouldn’t have. And I agree with those who said that LJ hid many of our faults. You cannot regress in the ACC.

CBP will in all likelihood will get one more year, but I don’t see anything changing. The issues were having are clearly coaching related. I’m beginning to believe CBP was piggy backing off CCS good coaching (And his players) and once Charlie’s players were gone the slide began.

I was a big CBP fan, but somethings just not meshing this time. It’s not that we’re losing it’s how we’re losing and playing. Sometimes you lose but you can tell the team is trending up, but we’re clearly trending down. That’s my opinion; CBP and his coaching staff can prove me wrong and I’ll gladly eat crow!

I will pass on brohm. I need to see 6 or 7 wins this season before commiting to brohm. Plus with P's buyout being 14million i dont think they want to pay brohm 5million a year to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT