ADVERTISEMENT

It's gonna be tough, but

I think I saw that 18 times out of the last 34 seasons, a team from the losers bracket has gone on to play for the championship. It's definitely an up hill battle, but obviously can be done.

This team, I don't know, they pick strange times to play not so great baseball. They opened the season with a thud. The Cards were rolling after sweeps of Ole Miss and Duke, then Ga. Tech comes to Patterson and shuts the team down. They took a 6 game win streak heading into Clemson and the Tigers easily won the series. The Cards would later go on a 9 game win streak, then Vandy comes in and discards the team like they were an annoyance to them. They didn't even show up for the UVA series. The ACC tournament, they acted like they didn't want to play in it. Then there's the regional loss to some obscure, never before heard of pitcher, and now Vandy loss Part II, where afterward Coach Mac proclaimed "I didn't think we played our best baseball." That being said, the team does, more often than not, rebound nicely after disappointing losses.

Reactions: FloridaCard
We did it in regionals. We won 5 straight with good pitching and hot bats to get where we are today. Go Cards!
After the loss to Vandy, to a man that’s pretty much the mind frame of the team and it has to be. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but the difference is we are not at home. Bounce back against Auburn and play every

After the loss to Vandy, to a man that’s pretty much the mind frame of the team and it has to be. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but the difference is we are not at home. Bounce back against Auburn and play every
I can’t imagine a tougher task than having to win 4 in a row against the quality of teams in Omaha and like you said, were not at home. We’re not on the road either I guess and knowing that Oregon St did it just a year ago lets the kids know it can be done. That OSU team was definitely special but it can be done. One inning at a time.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT