ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anything Bobby can say to convince you

Say, NO

Do, YES, win the last 4 and the subsequent bowl game and I would probably consider another year.

But that aint gonna happen so I am ready to move on. This is not one bad season, its a slide over the last 2 and a half years.

Say? Absolutely not. He doesn't have the charisma or mentality to speak in an inspiring way. He's been saying the EXACT SAME THING EVERY WEEK all season. Places blame on the defense, says its on the guys to practice harder and just says the same bland coaching platitudes we've all heard too many times.

It would be hard to fire him if he managed to beat two ranked teams in the next month. That would be more than he's beaten in the previous 5 years.

CBP has had a good amount of success over the course of his coaching career, and although he feels he has earned more time, it doesn't really matter. It only matters how his boss feels about his future as the UofL head coach. The boosters who donate the majority of the money have a lot of say in his future too.

If it had been up to me, he would have already packed up his belongings and vacated his office. An interim head coach would have been named and at season's end, I would go bring coach Jeff Brohm home where he is destined to be.

Reactions: BPGhost
There's nothing he can say. Win out, then maybe he can stay. The odds of that happening: 0%.

It feels like it's time to move on.

No. He has not earned the chance to clean the dog sh-- pile he has create. This is HIS mess and no one else's.

Is there anything Bobby can say to convince to give him another year or two to turn it around?

No!
239d52cbd77cecefc79fddb480a32874

All he has to say is i want my 14million up front and that will convince the board and tyra to keep him.

Reactions: zipp
The biggest difference between the first go around and this one is his staff. BP1 had competent coaching up and down the line. Today, they are just not very good at coaching up the players. As I recall, some early observers noted that BP2 practices did not have the coordination and urgency exhibited during the BP1 era. It shows on the field.

LoL.

Youre going down to bitter end with this clown. No one gives a !@#$ what he says or wants, he's out tha door.

Wake up......

I dont care if he gets fired or not. Im just going by what a board member said last month about our money issues and what the contract states. He could ask for quarterly installments over the course of one year which means we have to budget his 14million in. All these "sources" can say what they want but im going by what is being said by the board. I have questions for you kerry. How are we going to pay P 14million in 4 quarterly installments when we had to "liquidate" money to get Mack's buyout? Where is the money going to come from to pay brohm's buyout? How can we afford to pay brohm 5-6million a year when they didnt even want to pay mack 4million a year and our basketball job is a top 10 job and our football program is top 35. So if we miss out on brohm which coordinator or HC will excite the fanbase that we can realistically get?

Reactions: zipp
Nothing he can say at this point because he team hasn't backed up anything he has said since day one. Even his own players don't care what he or staff is saying why should the fans latch onto anything he says at this point.

I am convinced his staff is terrible, but he picked his staff, he isn't holding them all accountable, and it caught up with him. He had staffs that were really good with strong enough personalities to push Petrino. A head is is only as good as his staff, but all the great ones understand that. Petrino this time around wanted yes people and it has blown up in his face.

Petrino needs, more than other coaches, a ace recruiter that he could hang onto. He completely missed too much turnover in staff with guys that were good recruiters. Bottom line when you can't recruit year in year out bad years are coming. On top of that overall they have been poor evaluators of talent or in building a roster. How cornerbacks/wr have they recruited that can't play at this level? Too many JUCO's on the Oline and too many Dline that never made it to campus.

The root cause is they aren't bringing enough players into the program that can really play at this level especially as freshman. Louisville is not and never has been program that can play a ton of freshman and sophomores they don't recruit at that level. The roster and depth have to be built they tried to win the ACC in year 1 or 2 instead of building for the future. You could see it 3 years ago with no depth on the Oline or Dline.

I dont care if he gets fired or not. Im just going by what a board member said last month about our money issues and what the contract states. He could ask for quarterly installments over the course of one year which means we have to budget his 14million in. All these "sources" can say what they want but im going by what is being said by the board. I have questions for you kerry. How are we going to pay P 14million in 4 quarterly installments when we had to "liquidate" money to get Mack's buyout? Where is the money going to come from to pay brohm's buyout? How can we afford to pay brohm 5-6million a year when they didnt even want to pay mack 4million a year and our basketball job is a top 10 job and our football program is top 35. So if we miss out on brohm which coordinator or HC will excite the fanbase that we can realistically get?

Didnt read all of that crap.

In all my years of fan hood ive never heard so much harangue sbout University finances.

Theres a reason people are paid 6 figures to figure it out.

And your post of 'being forced to keep him' proves you co-sign for an incompetent coach.

Try it again. University of Petrino fan....

Reactions: HRTheCard
I think he would take whatever plan is offered. He knows he came in on shaky ground, and that many fans didn’t want him in the first place.

For this reason, and judging from some of the comments by several people on here (a very small cross section of the fan base), IF Bobby “forced” UL to keep him (demand lump sum pmt), everyday life could get ugly for him and family.

That is a a shame, but people are crazy today. And getting crazier.

Sounds like Tyra knows he has to make a change and is giving consideration to his timetable to make that change.

Howie Lindsey‏Verified account@howielindsey 3h3 hours ago

On
@790KRD, Louisville's @vincetyra said he wants to make his decision on Louisville Football before the Dec. 19 early signing date: "Yes, I think you have to."

Sounds like Tyra knows he has to make a change and is giving consideration to his timetable to make that change.

Howie Lindsey‏Verified account@howielindsey 3h3 hours ago

On
@790KRD, Louisville's @vincetyra said he wants to make his decision on Louisville Football before the Dec. 19 early signing date: "Yes, I think you have to."

Hate to say it, but I hope Purdue goes 1-3, but competes well. Would equal no bowl game and we will know if JB lands here or not. If that happens, the week after Thanksgiving is going to be CRAZY!!!!

Is there anything Bobby can say to convince to give him another year or two to turn it around?
No. There nothing he could say. There is something could do, and that is go 4-0 (maybe 3-1) down the stretch. It would show that he is re-energized and ready to roll in 2019. Like Johnny U said, talk is cheap. Let’s see action.

From reading the tea leaves I think Vince wanted to keep Bobby. Say a couple of weeks ago. But that’s out of the question now. Going 2-10, your recruiting class (which wasn’t that hot to begin with) has gone down hill, your future QB is transferring, the team has quit, and the future with Bobby doesn’t look any better.

I like Bobby. But I agree with the vast majority on this board. I don’t see a way for him to keep his job. Even if he beat Clemson. I think it’s over.

I like Bobby. But I agree with the vast majority on this board. I don’t see a way for him to keep his job. Even if he beat Clemson. I think it’s over.
I haven’t “liked” Bobby since he flirted with Auburn the first time here in what....his second year? Maybe his first?

Then we hire him after he screwed us, the Falcons, and a coed.

But, I thought at least we had a good coach. I thought wrong.

Now, we don’t even have that.

Didnt read all of that crap.

In all my years of fan hood ive never heard so much harangue sbout University finances.

Theres a reason people are paid 6 figures to figure it out.

And your post of 'being forced to keep him' proves you co-sign for an incompetent coach.

Try it again. University of Petrino fan....

And the University of Tom Jurich fan is the only one liking his posts, LOL!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
He could announce that he's going to join the Browns as the OC next year and, to help the school out, take his buyout over the next 5 years. I could go for that. ;)

Reactions: KerryRhodes
"My approach to coaching needs to change along with some of the personnel we have in the program."

That would convince me Bobby's serious about turning things around...
Results. That’s all that matters at this point.

Reactions: wilkie01
Say? No.

Do? Well, I'm afraid time has run out.

Since last year I closed a lot of posts on the other board with the Mizzou Motto: "Show Me". Have not been shown a thing. :(

Peace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT