ADVERTISEMENT

Is Duke the first team to utilize the dunk shot?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I get that Zion is an explosive player, but his and Duke’s dunks, ok, whatever. Espn promoting them like we’ve never seen a dunk before. Dicky V. actually asked “will Duke’s dunks intimidate Florida State?”

Not watching.

Dont get me wrong, love College basketball and appreciate Duke being a thorn in SuCkS fans eyes, but that switch to show pregame festivities put me off.

Great win for the Cards.
The game should be broadcast from start to finish on the original channel in their home markets.

I'll catch duke some other time.
Im watching the Natural, starring Robert Redford.

Ah that sucks, Kerry. I had to record the game but now I know ahead of time the game will cut away to the Duke slobberfest.

The switch was not right. It's simple, start the broadcast of the second game after the first game ends.

That said, Zion Williamson is the most unique athlete I recall in college basketball.

I get that Zion is an explosive player, but his and Duke’s dunks, ok, whatever. Espn promoting them like we’ve never seen a dunk before. Dicky V. actually asked “will Duke’s dunks intimidate Florida State?”
Actually, Duke did invent the dunk. According to legend, Griff and Nique Wilkins spent their childhood studying those smart Duke guys in that wreaked havoc back in the late 60s.

Not watching.

Dont get me wrong, love College basketball and appreciate Duke being a thorn in SuCkS fans eyes, but that switch to show pregame festivities put me off.

Great win for the Cards.
The game should be broadcast from start to finish on the original channel in their home markets.

I'll catch duke some other time.
Im watching the Natural, starring Robert Redford.
“My dad wanted me to be a baseball player”.

“Well you’re better than any player I ever had. And you’re the best goddamn hitter I’ve ever saw. Suit up.”

Seen it a million times and it still gives me chills.

The switch was not right. It's simple, start the broadcast of the second game after the first game ends.

That said, Zion Williamson is the most unique athlete I recall in college basketball.
The end of the game was on ESPN news

I listened to XM radio for the last 10 minutes. The announcers were from Duke. They obviously were Duke homers but they pale in comparison to Vitales love fest with all things Duke. ESPN has helped Dukes recruiting as much as the Duke assistant coaches.

You do realize back in the 80's when the finally allowed dunking UofL became know as the doctors of dunk, and Houston was phi slama jama etc. There have been teams in the past that were known for their dunking prowess it is just ESPN and their slurp fest for Duke and Coach K.

You do realize back in the 80's when the finally allowed dunking UofL became know as the doctors of dunk, and Houston was phi slama jama etc. There have been teams in the past that were known for their dunking prowess it is just ESPN and their slurp fest for Duke and Coach K.
2844.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT