ADVERTISEMENT

CJ article on why KP got no help in the grad transfer portal

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007

Why didn't Kenny Payne, Louisville basketball get more help in the transfer portal?​

Brett Dawson
Louisville Courier Journal
It’s not like Kenny Payne didn’t try.
When you ask — as many in college basketball circles are these days — why the first-year Louisville coach didn’t remake his roster via the transfer portal, it’s important to note that Payne wanted a different team than he has.
Payne pursued “six, seven” players in the portal after he was hired in March, he said on his postgame radio show Sunday following an 80-53 loss to Miami that dropped his Cardinals to 0-8.

That interview followed a postgame news conference in which Payne was asked about the portal and recent criticism from college basketball analysts for his failure to find more help in it for a Louisville team that finished 13-19 a season ago under coaches Chris Mack and Mike Pegues.
Payne’s answer: The IARP ruling that came in November — the one that gave Louisville a fine and probation but no postseason ban or scholarship reductions — was too late to impact his first portal season.
To drive home his point, Payne said that a guy “who has players” had called him days before, still unaware that Louisville had received a ruling in its NCAA infractions case.
Until that conversation, Payne said, this contact “still thought, like most people, that we’re probably going to get the death penalty.”
Payne reiterated a recurring point that recruiting competitors used Louisville’s uncertainty as part of a pitch to players: Why play for the Cardinals when you might not be eligible for the NCAA Tournament?

“That hurt. For whatever reason, we didn’t get the kids,” Payne said. “The timing of it was bad. The ruling came at a time where it didn’t allow us to really get the kids, even though we targeted some kids, and they’re at other places having success. I can’t be upset with them because nobody knew what the ruling was going to be.”
Louisville is known to have recruited Iowa State guard Tyrese Hunter before he transferred to Texas. The Cards initially were involved with ex-Memphis forward Emoni Bates, though it was unclear if that pursuit continued. He ultimately chose Eastern Michigan.
And outsiders weren’t the only portal players Payne chased.

Ex-Cards exited​

He told Paul Rogers and Bob Valvano on his radio show that he “100%” informed Louisville players who ultimately opted to transfer out that they’d be welcomed back if they chose to return.
Some of those players are making an impact elsewhere.
Matt Cross, who transferred to Louisville after a season at Miami and now is at Massachusetts, is averaging a career-high 10.2 points for the Minutemen and shooting 41.2% from 3-point range, a career best and 12.8% better than he shot at U of L.

Guard Noah Locke, who played three seasons at Florida before transferring to Louisville, is using the extra year of eligibility granted by the COVID-19 pandemic to finish his career at Providence. He’s scoring 9.9 points per game on 33.3% 3-point shooting, numbers in line with what he gave the Cards last season.
In his first season at SMU, former Cardinal Samuell Williamson is averaging 8.3 points in 30.1 minutes per game, a season comparable to the one he had at Louisville in 2020-21 before his playing time and production dropped off last season.
And at Seton Hall, ex-Cards guard Dre Davis is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds. His brother Tae — a freshman and former Louisville commit who opted out and chose to play with his brother for the Pirates — is a rotation player averaging four points and four rebounds in 18.9 minutes per game.
Even with Cross, Locke, Williamson and Dre Davis, Louisville missed postseason play in 2021-22 and lost 15 of its final 18 games.
Those struggles “took a toll on those kids,” Payne said on his radio show.
But given Louisville’s roster shortcomings — and winless start — it’s easy to see why Payne said he would have welcomed back the players who departed.
“When a Dre Davis looks at me and says ‘Coach, I love what you're about, but every day I wake up, I see Louisville and my heart is broken. I have so much pain here,’ I can't hold him here,” Payne said. “He deserves to be free. He deserves to play this great game and feel good about it, regardless of my own personal (feelings). I needed him, I wanted him. It was a hard decision for him. And I'm happy that he's playing well.”

Louisville's next portal cycle​

Louisville isn’t playing well.
And the Cards aren’t the only high-profile college basketball team that dealt with NCAA uncertainty in recent years. Arizona has maintained a winner with an IARP decision looming. Kansas won last season’s national championship and is awaiting an IARP ruling.

That’s led college basketball analysts to wonder why Payne struggled to patch together a better roster via the portal.
ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla, who told The Courier Journal in the offseason that he expected Payne to excel in the portal, tweeted in November that he’s “stunned that with his connections” Payne and U of L “didn’t crush transfer portal.”
On Sunday, ESPN’s Dick Vitale wondered the same on Twitter, asking why Payne and his staff didn’t “get some immediate help from the transfer portal when hired?” With the loss to Miami, Vitale tweeted, “this has become embarrassing.”
Payne can’t undo past portal misses.

But the Cards’ struggles indicate he can’t afford to repeat them either.
Louisville likely needs a home run offseason to make up for last summer’s strikeouts. And Payne is confident a talent upgrade is coming.
He said Sunday that “my phone rings constantly” and that he’s heard from people with player connections who say “we want to help you.”
“I feel good about that,” Payne said. “I feel good about the kids that have come on official visits here. I feel good about where we're going to take this program. Is it going to take some time? Probably, most likely, but we're gonna get there.”
Reach Louisville men’s basketball reporter Brett Dawson at mdawson@gannett.com and follow him on Twitter at @BDawsonWrites.

I'm so tired of people, many who are supposed to be basketball pundits, keep comparing Kansas, Arizona and other schools with Louisville when it came to possible NCAA sanctions.

None of those schools are repeat offenders who were already on probation, so no coach from another school could say with a straight face that those schools may face the death penalty. They couldn't even say for sure those schools would even face a post season ban.

However, Louisville basketball has been the poster child for breaking the rules the past six years due to the harsh sanctions from the stripper scandal. They had two final 4's and a national championship vacated and here they were getting into trouble again just a couple years later.

You don't have to be Albert Einstein to figure out that recruits and transfers didn’t want to commit to Louisville in 2022 when the hammer was about to come down. Chris Mack didn't have as much trouble because the investigation was still going on and there was no certain date that other coaches could tell recruits when Louisville would be punished.

But that changed in 2021 and the word came out that a decision on sanctions would come this year. Had it came out in April, then transfers would have seen there was no post season ban, and KP probably would have landed multiple transfers.

Many people believe the decision coming so late was on purpose so to punish Louisville since there wasn't going to be any major sanctions. Who really knows but people like Vitale and others should know why the perfect storm landed on the Cardinals program.

I don't think anyone including KP, thought no portal transfers would commit leaving him with the debacle we're all seeing play out. Had UofL anticipated this, they may have waited before hiring KP. There's just no way a first time head coach could rescue the program with such a lacking roster unless that coach was a future hall of famer. KP is not that.

So with how things have been going ever since that witch wrote her book about that piece of shit Andre McGee, it's not a surprise that Louisville basketball is now the face of ineptitude. I personally don't believe KP is the answer and until a big time coach is hired to rescue this once proud and elite program, it's going to be hard to believe this nightmare is going to end.

You don't have to be Albert Einstein to figure out that recruits and transfers didn’t want to commit to Louisville in 2022 when the hammer was about to come down. Chris Mack didn't have as much trouble because the investigation was still going on and there was no certain date that other coaches could tell recruits when Louisville would be punished.

But that changed in 2021 and the word came out that a decision on sanctions would come this year. Had it came out in April, then transfers would have seen there was no post season ban, and KP probably would have landed multiple transfers.
exactly and as they say timing is everything

Scott Davenport is only making $270k. give him a salary bump and use the rest for NIL,free merchandise to fans, and university savings.

I think there are valid reason for this mess. Paynes biggest problem is he was billed to get players and he isn’t getting players. It would be a good idea to land someone.

Question to everyone: How much better do you believe this would all look, say next year, with more and better talent? Or do you think it would just be a slightly better version of what we see now?

It wouldn't have mattered if he could've pulled Steph Curry, Clay Thompson, and LeBron out of the portal. He can't frigging coach.

Reactions: htowncard
Question to everyone: How much better do you believe this would all look, say next year, with more and better talent? Or do you think it would just be a slightly better version of what we see now?
I don’t see any “game changing“ talent coming to play for KP or enough over haul of talent that would make KP a winning coach

It is impossible to answer because you don’t know who will be in the portal. I wouldn’t assume anything because of this year. There is not 1 player that would start for a power 5 team. Hatfield is the closest one and he couldn’t find the court at UT. Ellis may start but would get yanked because he can’t guard and turns the ball over.

It is a terrible roster.

Thanks sooo much for posting this article. Soooo many on here have been talking all this shytt about how KP ran off all these players, and never gave them a chance. Now this article actually confirms otherwise. Also, sooo many on here have been talking all this shytt about have KP struck out in the portal, and blamed it on him and his staff not knowing their jobs. Now this article confirms otherwise. I'm not saying, I like the current state of not having won a game, but if Dre Davis revealed this about not wanting to play for UofL anymore, and wanted to transfer out, you can't tell me that the other players, in particular Ellis, Withers, Curry & Roosevelt, don't have some of these same pinned up feelings. In my opinion, you can tell it in their play. For example, Ellis probably figured, where else am I going play this many minutes, why not just stay here. Thus, the reason for his half-ass efforts.

Also, this article confirms what I've suspected. UofL administration probably explained to KP how bad the team and its toxic environment were. It all makes senses, why KP constantly in his opening press conference and interviews, kept pleading for us fans to be patience and reserve time for this rebuild. When most take over a program, they use a lot more rosier terms and platitudes.

And, I don't like this narrative most on here are trying to push that KP can't coach. If you listen to his post-game analysis, he explains in great detail, what the guys are to be doing in particular situations, and how it was practiced. And I believe him, they for whatever reason, don't execute it when in games. And if we're being honest and objective, the players are exhibiting the exact same tendencies they had under Mack. It's like the players just play how they want to play, and know KP can't afford to take them out of the game, because he has limited options. I mean, Ellis is the prime example of this madness.

Lastly, if I hear one more time, many on here talking shyttt about blaming Beard and Eaves for this current situation, please stop. A lot of you guys have some nerve acting like former players, boosters, supporters and sponsors of UofL don't advocate for certain guys to be hired and fired ad-nasuem. And don't act like this doesn't happen at every other high performing athletic programs, wink wink Auburn. Where was all of the outrage when that drunken douche-bag John Schnatter was a booster and sponsor, with his abhorrent and disgusting behavior. You don't think he wasn't one of the ones advocating for Petrino's return, of course he was, as this is what people like him do. As he felt as a sponsor, he should have the right, and expected Jurich to take his input and request under serious consideration. So stop with this BS about Beard and Eaves, as they did and were doing exacting what people do at big time programs. And if we're being honest, they have more of a say then most of us, as they literally build this program with their blood, sweat and tears. I'm not saying, I agree with their say all the time, but let's not act like this situation is only unique to UofL.

Short answer, yes, I think it looks better with more and better talent. I’m just not sure what this looks like going forward if KP is not able recruit better, does little in the portal and nothing different with NIL.

Most are hoping that it’s primarily a roster issue. I think this is a major part of the story, but I’m just not convinced that is the only issue. Never thought (no one did) this team would be 0-8 with blowout losses. Games that are over before the 1st media timeout.

I want KP to do well but my fear is that even with more and better talent, we look like a Memphis type team. Hurts me to say that but that’s the way it seems to be trending currently.

Reactions: shadow force
Thanks sooo much for posting this article. Soooo many on here have been talking all this shytt about how KP ran off all these players, and never gave them a chance. Now this article actually confirms otherwise. Also, sooo many on here have been talking all this shytt about have KP struck out in the portal, and blamed it on him and his staff not knowing their jobs. Now this article confirms otherwise. I'm not saying, I like the current state of not having won a game, but if Dre Davis revealed this about not wanting to play for UofL anymore, and wanted to transfer out, you can't tell me that the other players, in particular Ellis, Withers, Curry & Roosevelt, don't have some of these same pinned up feelings. In my opinion, you can tell it in their play. For example, Ellis probably figured, where else am I going play this many minutes, why not just stay here. Thus, the reason for his half-ass efforts.

Also, this article confirms what I've suspected. UofL administration probably explained to KP how bad the team and its toxic environment were. It all makes senses, why KP constantly in his opening press conference and interviews, kept pleading for us fans to be patience and reserve time for this rebuild. When most take over a program, they use a lot more rosier terms and platitudes.

And, I don't like this narrative most on here are trying to push that KP can't coach. If you listen to his post-game analysis, he explains in great detail, what the guys are to be doing in particular situations, and how it was practiced. And I believe him, they for whatever reason, don't execute it when in games. And if we're being honest and objective, the players are exhibiting the exact same tendencies they had under Mack. It's like the players just play how they want to play, and know KP can't afford to take them out of the game, because he has limited options. I mean, Ellis is the prime example of this madness.

Lastly, if I hear one more time, many on here talking shyttt about blaming Beard and Eaves for this current situation, please stop. A lot of you guys have some nerve acting like former players, boosters, supporters and sponsors of UofL don't advocate for certain guys to be hired and fired ad-nasuem. And don't act like this doesn't happen at every other high performing athletic programs, wink wink Auburn. Where was all of the outrage when that drunken douche-bag John Schnatter was a booster and sponsor, with his abhorrent and disgusting behavior. You don't think he wasn't one of the ones advocating for Petrino's return, of course he was, as this is what people like him do. As he felt as a sponsor, he should have the right, and expected Jurich to take his input and request under serious consideration. So stop with this BS about Beard and Eaves, as they did and were doing exacting what people do at big time programs. And if we're being honest, they have more of a say then most of us, as they literally build this program with their blood, sweat and tears. I'm not saying, I agree with their say all the time, but let's not act like this situation is only unique to UofL.
nah...worst coach I have seen...look ar results`...poor recruiter whiffed on portal 4 of sure thing recruits didn't even visit. zero evidence of achievement.....excuses excuses

Reactions: Cardiac Red
This is PR bull$hit.

”Taking time“ is expected, none of us expected to be a tournament team this year. We can’t stay within 20 points of the worst FSU team of the 21st century!

IARP decision is over and he still can’t get a recruit to VISIT!

The words came straight from his lips, if kids wanna talk NIL right away, he isn’t interested. So now we have to recruit guys who don’t want to earn money from basketball..which is none of the elite ones!

If he’s a good head coach and the right man for the job , show us something!

Reactions: rh62531
Come on people wise up! KP didn’t want any guards stealing his son’s PT. Payne actually thought his boy would be a contributor because as now proven, the coach who couldn’t remember his own plays when playing doesn’t know sh*t about basketball. Plenty of mid major point guards available in the portal last year, these pundits are just kissing KP’s azz for social reasons.

nah...worst coach I have seen...look ar results`...poor recruiter whiffed on portal 4 of sure thing recruits didn't even visit. zero evidence of achievement.....excuses excuses
If u had a son and did not know what the ncaa was going to do with ul, would u have your son come to play for cards

Reactions: Sawyer
This roster has as many 4-star kids as any lineup we have ever had.

The NCAA/IARP stuff is a bad excuse. Did it cost us a player or two?…Undoubtedly. But it comes nowhere close to explaining the fiasco we’re watching…
I think high school rankings are a good indicator but they aren’t perfect. Name one player that has played like a 4 star at any point in their college career?

It possible for the issue to be both a talent issue and coaching issue. The talent isn’t good enough to absorb the coaching and/or the coaching isn’t good enough to evaluate talent. Again Mack couldn’t coach a key part of this group either.

The most glaring concern is the players haven’t bought in to what Payne is teaching/preaching. I can’t imagine after last year the key guys not being all in. It doesn’t make any sense. That is a huge problem today and looking into the future.

• Haha
I think high school rankings are a good indicator but they aren’t perfect. Name one player that has played like a 4 star at any point in their college career?...
That ranking system was always good enough to characterize U of L's recruits. What's changed?

I'll submit that the reason most of them aren't playing like four-star kids is how they're being coached. As further evidence, look at how most of the kids who transfer out of LPT's program perform afterward...

Look at all the players that transferred out of Louisville over the last couple years they are all role players. None of them are stars. None them have found a new life under another coach. Specifically who on this roster starts for Virginia, North Carolina or Duke on skill alone? We may disagree but my opinion none of these guys are transferring up they all would take a lateral or go down in class.

They main point is if we don’t have guys talented enough to play on other elite teams in the ACC is it all really coaching?

I really do get it Payne hasn’t been good but like I have said before no coach is winning here without really good talent. Louisville doesn’t have really good talent. Payne has to change that or it doesn’t matter.

If you can get kids and more importantly parents to discuss openly with you about conversations with KP there is a plan and he knew they were not going to be very good. He knew he would have a rough season personally but he has a plan and getting the right players that fit the culture he wants is more important that just taking a player to fill a roster spot.

He knew this wasn't a quick fix.

NOBODY in their right mind thought UofL was getting the death penalty. Nobody. That's pure fearmongering and people trying to change the narrative after the fact. At most, people thought we'd miss the tournament this year and lose scholarships. Again - pending sanctions haven't hurt any other program besides UofL and for some reason they apparently destroyed us.

Payne simply missed. He underutilized NIL - which I would imagine is the #1 factor in the transfer portal and he simply missed. I would wager $1,000 that had our staff done a better job pitching and embracing NIL those concerns about missing the tournament would have suddenly disappeared.

I think high school rankings are a good indicator but they aren’t perfect. Name one player that has played like a 4 star at any point in their college career?

It possible for the issue to be both a talent issue and coaching issue. The talent isn’t good enough to absorb the coaching and/or the coaching isn’t good enough to evaluate talent. Again Mack couldn’t coach a key part of this group either.

The most glaring concern is the players haven’t bought in to what Payne is teaching/preaching. I can’t imagine after last year the key guys not being all in. It doesn’t make any sense. That is a huge problem today and looking into the future.
I've always said - there are way too many kids ranked as 4 stars and the rankings system doesn't do a good enough job distinguishing between guys. There's a huge difference between the 35th ranked 4 star and the 98th and yet they're both 4 stars. If a kid isn't ranked inside the top 50 - they're a project in my mind. They're a multi-year development project that the staff will have to "coach up" unless they're a true diamond in the rough. So I pay no attention to the stars - I want to know where they're ranked in their class.

In my humble opinion the number of five stars should be as few or as many as the rankings call for and not a certain number BUT....in theory my rankings would go something like:
- 20 to 25 top tier 5 star kids
- 25 - 4 star kids
- 25 - 3 star kids
- 75 - 2 star kids
- the rest - 1 star kids

There are 102 kids ranked as 4 stars right now on the rivals site. Thats crazy. The 24th and 125th ranked kids have the same number of stars in their rankings.

To me if they aren't ranked inside the top 50 - they're probably a multi-year project. They aren't going to come in and play serious minutes and they're just as likely to be bust as they are to be a contributor.

Rick did good things with 4 stars. But Rick developed and a lot of times it took those kids years to make a difference. Most coaches don't have Rick's ability.

People see the stars and automatically think they're great or that they're going to be a difference maker.

Kamari Lands was ranked as the 90th best player in his class.
Devin Ree 88th
Mike James 71st
Rose Wheeler 68th
Traynor 94th
Withers 103rd
BHH 36th

Yes this roster has 4 stars but everyone on this roster right now outside of BHH is low end 4 star. This roster has no guards, no point guard, no high end talent, no development and no coaching.

NOBODY in their right mind thought UofL was getting the death penalty. Nobody. That's pure fearmongering and people trying to change the narrative after the fact. At most, people thought we'd miss the tournament this year and lose scholarships. Again - pending sanctions haven't hurt any other program besides UofL and for some reason they apparently destroyed us.

Payne simply missed. He underutilized NIL - which I would imagine is the #1 factor in the transfer portal and he simply missed. I would wager $1,000 that had our staff done a better job pitching and embracing NIL those concerns about missing the tournament would have suddenly disappeared.
You can't say for certain, what those kids thought about a death penalty. Not only them, but their families and friends. I could easily see them being duped into believing it. I think KP's biggest mistake was not having a Plan B, C and D, when he didn't get his top targets. He definitely got caught flat-footed, and resulted in him settling on Hercy and Fabio. As far as NIL, if he doesn't make some strong public statements embracing NIL, it would be criminal negligence.

I really don’t blame them for their position on NIL. I am not a fan either on the pay for play. With that said man they could be left behind in a hurry. I think Waltz can coach with leas talent and still be successful. I don’t see how Payne or any coach is going to survive by not engaging NIL.

Look at all the players that transferred out of Louisville over the last couple years they are all role players. None of them are stars. None them have found a new life under another coach. Specifically who on this roster starts for Virginia, North Carolina or Duke on skill alone? We may disagree but my opinion none of these guys are transferring up they all would take a lateral or go down in class.

They main point is if we don’t have guys talented enough to play on other elite teams in the ACC is it all really coaching?

I really do get it Payne hasn’t been good but like I have said before no coach is winning here without really good talent. Louisville doesn’t have really good talent. Payne has to change that or it doesn’t matter.
Regardless of ACC talented players if KP was a competent HC UofL should have at least 5-6 wins so far this year. We haven’t even been competitive against P5 schools so far

Reactions: OldhamCard335
I really don’t understand why people thought this would go well in year 1. People look at Missouri and LSU as good examples of 1st year coaches. They brought several keys players from their last team. Those players believed in their coach. They understand his system. The transition is much easier. Players immediately trusted the coach.

KP had no one-he inherited his roster. He is starting from scratch with a NCAA anchor around his neck. I said it from the get go it was a high risk hire. He had to get players if he didn’t he wouldn’t survive. So far he has failed on player acquisition tie that with the current roster is it impossible to see how this ends well.

I really don’t understand why people thought this would go well in year 1. People look at Missouri and LSU as good examples of 1st year coaches. They brought several keys players from their last team. Those players believed in their coach. They understand his system. The transition is much easier. Players immediately trusted the coach.

KP had no one-he inherited his roster. He is starting from scratch with a NCAA anchor around his neck. I said it from the get go it was a high risk hire. He had to get players if he didn’t he wouldn’t survive. So far he has failed on player acquisition tie that with the current roster is it impossible to see how this ends well.

" KP had no one"

This is all that needs to be said.
The LSU and Mizzou HCs were able to bring former players with them because THEY WERE ACTIVE, EXPERIENCED HEAD COACHES !

Payne was in the NBA who had to be BEGGED TO TAKE THE JOB

In April there were over 1500 players in the transfer portal. I REPEAT - FIFTEEN HUNDRED and Payne only got one. A F/C, not a point guard that was needed.

This colossal train wreck can only be remedied with his resignation come March, not two or three more years

Again, the current U of L roster is mostly an excuse. There are too many examples of new coaches winning--or at least not failing miserably--with equal or lesser talent.

Sure, one more serviceable guard would have helped. It doesn't explain losses to Lipscomb, Bellarmine, Wright & Appy States, and Lenoir-Rhyne. That's epic bad. A decent coach would have beaten one of those teams with walk-ons.

The question is does Payne improve? We better hope so 'cuz he's gonna be here awhile, and there's more of this in store otherwise...

Reactions: OldhamCard335
The question is does Payne improve? We better hope so 'cuz he's gonna be here awhile, and there's more of this in store otherwise...
Angry Wrestling GIF

Yep. But….KP came in with no connection to current players or an understanding of the way the game is manipulated now. He came in with no proven system, experience or clue as to what he was doing.

And, KerryRhodes, the word was he was begged to take the job. Kenny, that was your first, of many, bad decisions.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
They lost to Furman and DePaul last year with a good coach. They lost 13 of the last 15. They had no chance of being better this year. People keep saying they have enough talent to be beat App St who freaking cares. They already showed they didn’t have enough talent against the ACC. Talent matters stop saying that is an excuse it is a reality. I have also said they haven’t bought in and that is a KP problem. They shouldn’t be 23 point dog today. That is a KP problem.

I agree all that matters is what he does in year 2. If he doesn’t get more talent he is done and that will be also be true whomever the next coach is.

They lost to Furman and DePaul last year with a good coach. They lost 13 of the last 15. They had no chance of being better this year. People keep saying they have enough talent to be beat App St who freaking cares. They already showed they didn’t have enough talent against the ACC. Talent matters stop saying that is an excuse it is a reality. I have also said they haven’t bought in and that is a KP problem. They shouldn’t be 23 point dog today. That is a KP problem.

I agree all that matters is what he does in year 2. If he doesn’t get more talent he is done and that will be also be true whomever the next coach is.
if he gets another year, we might get 7 or 8 thou shoeing up..there is absolutely only one thing , after total fails at recruiting, the portal, roster management, results-you know, that accountability thing.....only Hope exists, And hopium isn't a gonna do it. AFTER THE LATEST FAIL OF A SURE THING-FAMILY TIES-LOCK TO THE VILL recruit signing with NC State...another epic fail. Some of our top targets didn't even visit,,,,EPIC! In my world, he'd be out. This will not get better.

Even in losing to Depaul and Furman THEY COMPETED ❗❗

Pitino lost to Drexel and Morehead.

Getting more talent wont make a difference. He couldnt coach the 92 dream team to olympic gold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT