ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting: VT beats NCST on the road

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
#11 VT dominated the boards in their win at NCST. 6'6" Kitely serves as an example of how a tall and talented players should use their physical presence in the Women's game. We played VT in Blacksburg as well as anyone, and had we pulled out that 2 point loss into a win, it would have resulted in a significant bounce for us. HVL scored 29 points, but the real difference came from Jones' 9 rebounds and Robinson's 8. that kept us close the entire game. Just to demonstrate the contrast between the center positions. Cochran and Dixon combined for only 2 rebounds, while Kitely had 14 rebounds to go along with her 20 points.

There are so many factors that effect each team's performance, but for UL the one ingredient that is missing is our post play ...........Cochran, Dixon and Williams must contribute with either rebounds or neutralize the opponents interior presence, otherwise I see little chance they will overcome their struggles to score.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I think defensively we are set up for our guards to get a lot of rebounds. I don’t care who gets them on our side as ling as someone does. The great point you make is about the defense our bugs play and neutralizing the other team’s post players. Keep them from rebounding, especially offensively, and that would be wonderful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT