ADVERTISEMENT

If we win out they may put us in there...

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
It's a big if, but really.

Alabama, tOSU/Mich, Clemson... and ???

We got a "must see" QB, and I think that matters.

That said, we got to win out. And see how things shake.

One thing in our favor will be the scoreboard. You know Petrino and Lamar Jackson are gonna be posting their video-game numbers for the rest of the season. Lamar needs that for his Heisman chances, and the team needs that to keep the nation intrigued about how good they really are.

If you wanted the lid completely taken off of our offense, tonite's result pretty much ensures that...

Reactions: fredburgcard
That one HURT badly. I've seen Quick dive with ball extended many times (especially @ Trinity), but not there? I'm baffled, it was a super-soft play for a senior to make in that situation. Doesn't know where the sticks are? Again, he's a senior, inexcusable IMO.

But, he's a Card, I'm a Card, unconditional love. Let's move forward, we're building one helluva football program. Look at the pain before Denny broke through in basketball. We just gotta stay the course, go Cards!

Reactions: rockycard
We win out and the playoff shot is still there for this team. The first playoff poll doesn't come out for another month, and the Cards have 3 games lined up before November where they should be able to win comfortably and make a statement. Jackson didn't hurt his Heisman chances last night. He still had over 400 all purpose yards and 3 touchdowns against the best defense he'll face this year. The Heisman is his to lose at this point.

Situational football you have to know its 4th down time on the clock and know you have to reach the 2 yard line no matter what that same pass to Jeremy Smith would have resulted in a first down and a TD to follow IMO.

Clemson fan here, absolutely think you will be in playoff. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a rematch for it all.

That one HURT badly. I've seen Quick dive with ball extended many times (especially @ Trinity), but not there? I'm baffled, it was a super-soft play for a senior to make in that situation. Doesn't know where the sticks are? Again, he's a senior, inexcusable IMO.

But, he's a Card, I'm a Card, unconditional love. Let's move forward, we're building one helluva football program. Look at the pain before Denny broke through in basketball. We just gotta stay the course, go Cards!
My thought exactly with James he has fought many times for extra yards after catching the ball while here don't know why he didn't this time.

Clemson fan here, absolutely think you will be in playoff. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a rematch for it all.
Only way we need Houston to win out and then beat them soundly have Jackson to continue to be a heisman favorite and pray that Clemson or one of the two big ten of Mich and Ohio st falters bad

Washington needs to lose.
That's true. If that happens and we take care of business I like our chances.

Another good thing for us is that we have a huge opportunity to boost our resume in November with a win over a Top 10 team on the road in Houston, who is almost guaranteed to be undefeated and in the Top 10 when we meet.

First things first, our defense needs to get better in a hurry.

Only way we need Houston to win out and then beat them soundly have Jackson to continue to be a heisman favorite and pray that Clemson or one of the two big ten of Mich and Ohio st falters bad
If Houston wins out, we will not beat them soundly. Will another game like last night and we have to win it. Even then the bluebloods (Michigan/OSU) will get the nod if its close.

Reactions: godabo44
There's no give me in college football '16. At the end is there going to be any team unbeaten? Even Clemson is beatable. It just wasn't us that did it.

If Houston wins out, we will not beat them soundly. Will another game like last night and we have to win it. Even then the bluebloods (Michigan/OSU) will get the nod if its close.
If we are the same team once we play Houston i'm not concerned at all beating them soundly. Houston is good but their defensive players are nothing like Clemsons whataoever and the atmosphere isn't what we went through last nite. Makes me wish it wasn't a gameday thing which just added to Clemson play we would have won had it been a noon game. LOL

Great game last night and Lamar Jackson is everything he is advertised to be. I agree with some other posters on this thread, if y'all win out, you'll be in. The Houston game will be another epic battle like last night was. Clemson fans have nothing but respect for the Louisville football program and your fans that traveled were top notch.

Reactions: godabo44
One thing in our favor will be the scoreboard. You know Petrino and Lamar Jackson are gonna be posting their video-game numbers for the rest of the season. Lamar needs that for his Heisman chances, and the team needs that to keep the nation intrigued about how good they really are.

If you wanted the lid completely taken off of our offense, tonite's result pretty much ensures that...

No more putting in the second string in the fourth quarter.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Don't see how anybody who watched that awesome game last night could possibly not want both of those teams in the Playoff!!!

We've already bought in to Houston game. I have 6 extra tickets for sale. Yes come to find out after buying 2nd 6, it has turned into a Louisville fan section. Section 334 row 4. OMG, watch it come down to something major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT