ADVERTISEMENT

HVL where?

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
No news on where HVL is going to next everyone thought she was looking to be on a team that could challenge for a title. However rumor has it is she is going to visit Sam Purcell at Mississippi State. If that is the case she is not looking for a title contender but just some place to get her stats back up to where they were when she was at Louisville. MSU is going to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase next season, Louisville could have a really good team next year with what they have coming back and what they have coming in. Way to early basketball rankings has Louisville ranked 12th. If Jeff can work his magic and get Louisville into the Final Four which will be held in Louisville we have a shot. Wouldn’t that be Karma in a big way?

Jeff is quite capable of attracting the level of Portal talent into this upcoming season’s roster; I remain optimistic as to his success in that endeavor.

I really thought the ladies he brought in last season were capable of mixing with Cochran, Harris and Russell to challenge for the ACC championship. In truth, this team was in the thick of the race until the upset loss at Syracuse over one of the worst officiating calls that I have witnessed.

I have no evidence to support my thoughts on the effect that game had on the team and its subsequent performance, but I believe several of the transfers checked out mentally and emotionally; explaining the bizarre performances where one quarter they could dominate the opponent, only to have a total collapse in the net quarter.

Jeff is quite capable of attracting the level of Portal talent into this upcoming season’s roster; I remain optimistic as to his success in that endeavor.

I really thought the ladies he brought in last season were capable of mixing with Cochran, Harris and Russell to challenge for the ACC championship. In truth, this team was in the thick of the race until the upset loss at Syracuse over one of the worst officiating calls that I have witnessed.

I have no evidence to support my thoughts on the effect that game had on the team and its subsequent performance, but I believe several of the transfers checked out mentally and emotionally; explaining the bizarre performances where one quarter they could dominate the opponent, only to have a total collapse in the net quarter.
Spot on. That loss really destroyed the psyche of the team. Problem, from my viewpoint, is the transfers didn’t have the ‘time in program’ to have developed the type of mental toughness CJW wants from his players. I am anxiously waiting to see if he pulls in a couple of transfers. I think he needs to. Lots of youth next year. They could really use a shooter and an athletic 3/4. Just my opinion.

I agree on the loss to Syracuse I also thought that changed the psyche of the team. It was something you could see and I think we all felt it not just the team. I like what we have coming back and what we have coming in. If CJW could add 1 or 2 key players I like our chances of making a run.
If we could finish high enough in the rankings to host the first 2 games in the tournament then win the next to games on the road. We would finish at home in the FF I actually think it is doable.

Reactions: 2330859
I see where Reagan Beers of Oregon State is in the transfer portal. She is a 6’4” forward who averaged 17 points a game. I would love to have her I hope CJW makes a run for her. On a side note I also read an article about HVL and Kim Mulkey giving her a big hug. She understands why HVL wants to leave and get back to a program where she can play shooting guard instead of point.
She said HVL never felt comfortable at LSU like she did at Louisville. She was hoping to be in the WNBA draft this year but after a dismal performance this year her stock has fallen. She hopes to use next season to improve her draft status. Sounds to me HVL and her Daddy made a huge mistake transferring from Louisville.

Reactions: 2330859 and Bardman
When HVL left Louisville she said she left because she wanted to play for a team that was a title contender and had a good fan base. Now she might be going to Mississippi State a team that did not make the tournament this past year. They also are only averaging 4,600 fans per game.

Obviously she is trying to rebuild her brand after a disastrous season at LSU. She would probably feel comfortable there since Sam Purcell is the Head Coach. Also other members of the staff were at Louisville when HVL was there. However this seems really desperate on her part.

Reactions: 2330859 and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT