ADVERTISEMENT

How bad is SEC East?

Not a troll, simply a UL fan who sees reality and understands the game because I used to coach at the college level and know more than still on the inside. I don't tow a supposed company line so some here have decided to lash out and try and run me off. In the coming years if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, I'm not going to sit here and proclaim an easy perennial victory when I know that under the current leadership it's not going to stay that way for long. I'm sure if Stoops was still an ACC coach you'd be on your kneepads slopping up his man gravy.

I know youre a 'UL' fan.
The rest of us are UofL fans.
You'll run yourself off after Louisville destroys your cayuts............
Stick around. Cape for big blew. We need a good laugh, UL fan...........

I can tell you guys aren't used to being a powerhouse program - your vision is amazingly short-sighted.

First, you haven't realized that you WANT ( & NEED) UK to win the East.

Why?

Short-Term:

I'd put money on it that you'll win that rivalry game. That would give you a win over an SEC Division Champ - that's a helluva resume booster for a non-conference champ trying to grab the last CFP spot.

Long-Term:

It would be an excellent cornerstone for making the case that ACC>SEC, boosting positioning, and recruiting, for all of us.

Go Wildcats! (right into the trap that UL has set for you).

You can chill with the condescension. Plus, I don't think you know the complexities of the rivalry. Having said that, UK could win out prior to 11/26 and the boost UofL would receive would be minimal, given the SEC East is as weak as it has ever been.

Please explain that to a poster named zipp please!
You mean I need to listen to this Clemson guy for guidance? Why does it not surprise me that you would agree with a clown who thinks we should root for slapd!cks?

Good one, Lawrenceburg... :p

Last edited:
I truly don't know if UK has simply improved this year, or if their division is really that down.
I can help with this question... How many times has the first possibility happened in your lifetime?

[Since Stupes is apparently OFF the hot seat, I'm temporarily redeploying the correct spelling of his name and my 'LPT Football' trailer...]

LPT Football: We're good when everyone else sucks...

Reactions: Deeva
You mean I need to listen to this Clemson guy for guidance? Why does it not surprise me that you would agree with a clown who thinks we should root for slapd!cks?

Sure when you are a proponent of dropping the kitties from our schedule because you're scared to lose to them...is that what you are selling over in Indiana? Or more parking spaces?

LOL the kitty Cats on Cats Piss think FSU will come after Stoops if Fisher goes to LSU. Is there seriously a more delusional fan base in this country? I often wonder if the people on that board are real.....

Reactions: American Male
Look I will be the first to say I am a cat fan, not even going to try and hide it.

You all should spank us, and it shouldn't be close. However, with any rivalry game, anything can happen.

Do I think the SEC East is down this year? Yes, it's considerably down compared to what it should be. However, if we somehow do manage to pull the miracle off and actually win the east, you won't hear any complaints out of me.

UK can't stop a mobile QB. That is why we lose that game. Lamar should look good unless he gets injured before then. (not wishing anything bad for your team either.)

Do I think Stoops is the answer? Not really, they have made too many mistakes over the years when it comes to player adjustments, clock management, etc.. He is an awesome recruiter and the jury is still out on if he is "righting the ship".

All I can say is not all UK fans are here to troll you, we have a few crazies just as every team does.

Looking forward to our game, and seeing if all of our success is just a bunch of fluff, or if we are ready to compete. (After watching how we did against Bama, and Florida...as much as it pains me to say it...taking cards over cats) Good luck on the remainder of the season.

Sure when you are a proponent of dropping the kitties from our schedule because you're scared to lose to them...is that what you are selling over in Indiana? Or more parking spaces?
^^^^^^^^​
Lawrenceburg's slapd!ck-lovin' stalker

Look I will be the first to say I am a cat fan, not even going to try and hide it.

You all should spank us, and it shouldn't be close. However, with any rivalry game, anything can happen.

Do I think the SEC East is down this year? Yes, it's considerably down compared to what it should be. However, if we somehow do manage to pull the miracle off and actually win the east, you won't hear any complaints out of me.

UK can't stop a mobile QB. That is why we lose that game. Lamar should look good unless he gets injured before then. (not wishing anything bad for your team either.)

Do I think Stoops is the answer? Not really, they have made too many mistakes over the years when it comes to player adjustments, clock management, etc.. He is an awesome recruiter and the jury is still out on if he is "righting the ship".

All I can say is not all UK fans are here to troll you, we have a few crazies just as every team does.

Looking forward to our game, and seeing if all of our success is just a bunch of fluff, or if we are ready to compete. (After watching how we did against Bama, and Florida...as much as it pains me to say it...taking cards over cats) Good luck on the remainder of the season.

I hope you guys win until you play Louisville. It'll make the game more interesting and we need all the help we can get as far as the schedule. A win over a UK team that has a winning record and some T25 votes maybe even would put some shine on the win. I have to admit, UK vs Bama in the SECCG makes me laugh a little.

This year is the exception where LPT being PERCEIVED as better in football will help us.

That, however, does not change my POV that LPT losing in any sport is better for us. I would even argue that having them on our schedule usually hurts our SOS and presents us with a conflict of interest that can be easily addressed by changing that schedule...

I am not going to lie, UK-Bama SECCG would be insane. Bama would roll us hard. I don't think we make it to SECCG. UGA will probably end that discussion Sat. If we do make it past UGA then things get interesting. UT seems to be imploding right now, but they should have that figured out by the time we get there. I think most fans are happy to be just going to a bowl for the extra practices.

Everyone acts like we are bowl eligible, but we could still lose to Austin frickin Peay. Last time I checked we aren't good enough to be overlooking anyone. One game at a time, not looking ahead.

I am not going to lie, UK-Bama SECCG would be insane. Bama would roll us hard. I don't think we make it to SECCG. UGA will probably end that discussion Sat. If we do make it past UGA then things get interesting. UT seems to be imploding right now, but they should have that figured out by the time we get there. I think most fans are happy to be just going to a bowl for the extra practices.

Everyone acts like we are bowl eligible, but we could still lose to Austin frickin Peay. Last time I checked we aren't good enough to be overlooking anyone. One game at a time, not looking ahead.

As a fan, you're allowed to look ahead & enjoy the ride. Enjoy it. And you can't lose to Austin Peay, our SoS can't take a hit like that, sir. :)

This year is the exception where LPT being PERCEIVED as better in football will help us.

That, however, does not change my POV that LPT losing in any sport is better for us. I would even argue that having them on our schedule usually hurts our SOS and presents us with a conflict of interest that can be easily addressed by changing that schedule...
If they are consistently ranked top 3 in basketball every year how does that hurt our SOS in basketball?

Oh, I am enjoying the ride, but not getting ahead of myself puffing my chest like we are winning out like some of our delusional fanbase.

Wake Forrest looks like your next decent game. BC should be easy Towels looked good when I saw them play in Dublin, but they have been getting rolled against better competition.

Clemson and VT spanked them pretty bad, shouldn't be too hard for you all to run up the score on them. Good luck this weekend will see you all in a few weeks.

If they are consistently ranked top 3 in basketball every year how does that hurt our SOS in basketball?
That's one sport in twenty.

While playing in the nation's best conference, it's also the one sport where our SOS needs absolutely zero help from your slapd!ck basketball program.

LPT Football: Our basketball team likes playing in the SEC...

That's one sport in twenty.

While playing in the nation's best conference, it's also the one sport where our SOS needs absolutely zero help from your slapd!ck basketball program.

LPT Football: Our basketball team likes playing in the SEC...
What other 17 sports do you run your mouth about?

Here's a website to answer your inane questions, and a site that genuine U of L fans know about...

Not a troll, simply a UL fan who sees reality and understands the game because I used to coach at the college level and know more than still on the inside. I don't tow a supposed company line so some here have decided to lash out and try and run me off. In the coming years if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, I'm not going to sit here and proclaim an easy perennial victory when I know that under the current leadership it's not going to stay that way for long. I'm sure if Stoops was still an ACC coach you'd be on your kneepads slopping up his man gravy.

Is that you, Stevie? So let me get this straight: Stoops is a goof, oops I meant good, coach who inherited a mess and is going to right the ship and close the gap with Louisville who has 1) Just opened the Thornton's academic center 2) Is expanding the stadium after the season 3) Has a Heisman front-runner for at least one more season 4) Sells out games 5) Travels well to BOWL games 6) Keeps churning players to the NFL 7) Is still technically in contention for a playoff spot 8) Is ALL OVER national television

Should I go on? Do you not think that Louisville is going to start getting better talent due to exposure? Kentucky would have to pull in 3 straight Bama-esque recruiting classes to even pull even with Louisville's current talent. Louisville is the number 5 ranked team in the nation. Kentucky is on par with schools like Tulane and Temple.

I am actually one of those that wants UK to win every game besides the UofL game. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. But it is your nonsensical, spin doctor fanbase that makes everyone wish the worst on you. Your denial is like Clinton supporters. There is a reason you aren't coaching anymore. If you want to get better, look for the faults in the reflection in the mirror, not the faults in the glass.

Is that you, Stevie? So let me get this straight: Stoops is a goof, oops I meant good, coach who inherited a mess and is going to right the ship and close the gap with Louisville who has 1) Just opened the Thornton's academic center 2) Is expanding the stadium after the season 3) Has a Heisman front-runner for at least one more season 4) Sells out games 5) Travels well to BOWL games 6) Keeps churning players to the NFL 7) Is still technically in contention for a playoff spot 8) Is ALL OVER national television

Should I go on? Do you not think that Louisville is going to start getting better talent due to exposure? Kentucky would have to pull in 3 straight Bama-esque recruiting classes to even pull even with Louisville's current talent. Louisville is the number 5 ranked team in the nation. Kentucky is on par with schools like Tulane and Temple.

I am actually one of those that wants UK to win every game besides the UofL game. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. But it is your nonsensical, spin doctor fanbase that makes everyone wish the worst on you. Your denial is like Clinton supporters. There is a reason you aren't coaching anymore. If you want to get better, look for the faults in the reflection in the mirror, not the faults in the glass.

I think a lot of you here are forgetting that UK had us down by three TD's and a field goal at halftime last year. Will that happen this year, more than likely no. However, I've seen great strides in a young UK team over course of the season. They are winning games they wouldn't have post Rich Brooks. Things are starting to click, it's a young team with only 11 seniors.

Now, you all can keep thinking that this is going to be an easy street game forever all you want to you. You can keep slamming me all you want to. No, I'm not going to name names, put personal info out here. I know what I speak of, I spent over 30 years coaching NAIA, DIAA, and DI. I know many still in the game. I still work in athletics. I'll take my 30+ years of on field experience any day.

Smooches and chomps.

Last edited:
I think a lot of you here are forgetting that UK had us down by three TD's and a field goal at halftime last year. Will that happen this year, more than likely no. However, I've seen great strides in a young UK team over course of the season. They are winning games they wouldn't have post Rich Brooks. Things are starting to click, it's a young team with only 11 seniors.

Now, you all can keep thinking that this is going to be an easy street game all you want to you. You can keep slamming me all you want to. No, I'm not going to name names, put personal info out here. I know what I speak of, I spent over 30 years coaching NAIA, DIAA, and DI. I know many still in the game. I still work in athletics. I'll take my 30+ years of on field experience any day.

Smooches and chomps.
All this dude does is come over here and talk about his weak ass UK team. Come back in a few weeks after you get your yearly beat down.

Reactions: Section 12 Jerk
I'm under no obligation to explain myself. However, you are really kidding yourselves if you think Stoops is going to remain a roll over win. Enjoy it while you can.

Not a troll, simply a UL fan

I'm sure if Stoops was still an ACC coach you'd be on your kneepads slopping up his man gravy.

Now, you all can keep thinking that this is going to be an easy street game all you want to you. You can keep slamming me all you want to. No, I'm not going to name names, put personal info out here. I know what I speak of, I spent over 30 years coaching NAIA, DIAA, and DI. I know many still in the game. I still work in athletics. I'll take my 30+ years of on field experience any day.

Smooches and chomps.

Go Cards! :D

And:D go away troll!

You should root for the "slapd!cks" because you need to beat more teams with winning records.

So far, that's a grand total of one team (FSU) and that's what's holding you back in the CFP rankings.

I'm not sure how you're not seeing this....

You should root for the "slapd!cks" because you need to beat more teams with winning records.

So far, that's a grand total of one team (FSU) and that's what's holding you back in the CFP rankings.

Kentucky already has plenty of ugly losses. Even if they win out until our game, they aren't bringing enough respect to the table to significantly effect our resume in the committee's eyes. Only a fool wearing blue glasses thinks Kentucky winning actually helps us at this point.

Kentucky already has plenty of ugly losses. Even if they win out until our game, they aren't bringing enough respect to the table to significantly effect our resume in the committee's eyes. Only a fool wearing blue glasses thinks Kentucky winning actually helps us at this point.

What you haven't considered is the the East is so bad this year that Kentucky still isn't mathematically eliminated from winning the division.

If the rest of the division continues to cannibalize itself, it could very well happen.

That would give you something on your resume that Texas A&M won't have - a victory over an SEC Division Champion.

What you haven't considered is the the East is so bad this year that Kentucky still isn't mathematically eliminated from winning the division.

If the rest of the division continues to cannibalize itself, it could very well happen.

That would give you something on your resume that Texas A&M won't have - a victory over an SEC Division Champion.
$EC! $EC! $EC!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
$EC! $EC! $EC!

Yes, and that's exactly what I want to change.

To do this, the ACC needs to be more than the FSU/Clemson show.

We need another powerhouse program, and I want that to be you.

I'll be pulling for UK to win the division, and then for you and every ACC team to crush their SEC counterparts during rivalry week.

That's your best shot to jump A&M for the fourth spot.

Now, you all can keep thinking that this is going to be an easy street game forever all you want to you. You can keep slamming me all you want to. No, I'm not going to name names, put personal info out here. I know what I speak of, I spent over 30 years coaching NAIA, DIAA, and DI. I know many still in the game. I still work in athletics. I'll take my 30+ years of on field experience any day.

Smooches and chomps.

I say you are a liar and lack integrity.

Oh, I see things fine, Tiger. But you're late to the party. The slapd!cks shouldn't even BE at a Louisville party. And I'm not taking her ugly a$$ home because everyone else wanted to invite her.

You need to consult with others if that imagery escapes you. Like I said, you're late...

You do realize that UL has beaten all of.... ONE team with a winning record this year right?

And was very fortunate not to lose to bad Duke and Virginia teams...

Well the fact that UK has beaten NOT ONE team with a winning record, coupled with the fact that you lost to a bad USM, and barely got by terrible Scar, Vandy, and Miss st teams hardly gives you any reason to belittle any other team. But that seems to be the typical UK mantra, putting down others while completely ignoring your own very real shortcomings.

Yes, and that's exactly what I want to change.

To do this, the ACC needs to be more than the FSU/Clemson show.

We need another powerhouse program, and I want that to be you.

I'll be pulling for UK to win the division, and then for you and every ACC team to crush their SEC counterparts during rivalry week.

That's your best shot to jump A&M for the fourth spot.
No matter what UK does in that atrocious joke of a conference they play in will anybody have any respect for a win over that sorry ass team. Kentucky is a sad brand of football.

With the clarity of the rankings release: It's more like "hurts us less" than "helping us" to be honest. UK winning out until the Louisville game will give Louisville victories over 2 winning teams instead of 1. That's better I guess, hurts us less I guess, but I don't think a CFP committee member is going to say "Look, Louisville beat the Cayuts - let's jump them from 7 to 4." You're right, that doesn't happen. Might help keep from sliding backwards more (due to this weakass schedule), might hurt us less, but won't help. Sadly, you're right.

One good win - Florida State. Ridiculous. I thought we were past this crap.

I hope that if we don't make the playoffs (which is very doubtful) that we get A&M in the orange bowl. Last year we let them hang close, we'd whip that a$$ this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT