ADVERTISEMENT

How bad is SEC East?

I can tell you guys aren't used to being a powerhouse program - your vision is amazingly short-sighted.

First, you haven't realized that you WANT ( & NEED) UK to win the East.

Why?

Short-Term:

I'd put money on it that you'll win that rivalry game. That would give you a win over an SEC Division Champ - that's a helluva resume booster for a non-conference champ trying to grab the last CFP spot.

Long-Term:

It would be an excellent cornerstone for making the case that ACC>SEC, boosting positioning, and recruiting, for all of us.

Go Wildcats! (right into the trap that UL has set for you).

I can tell you guys aren't used to being a powerhouse program - your vision is amazingly short-sighted.

Why?

Short-Term:

I'd put money on it that you'll win that rivalry game. That would give you a win over an SEC Division Champ - that's a helluva resume booster for a non-conference champ trying to grab the last CFP spot.

Long-Term:

It would be an excellent cornerstone for making the case that ACC>SEC, boosting positioning, and recruiting, for all of us.

Don't talk to us as if football is new to us. Unless very strange (upsets) things occur, we'll end up being the first team out.

Reactions: American Male
I do like our chances against [LPT], actually. Anything less than a three score win would be embarrassing. Jmho
So evidently does ESPN. They project U of L's win probability against the slapd!cks at 96.2%.

By comparison, our win probabilities are 94.3% against Boston College, and 95.7% against Wake Forest. The latter is also a home game.

BC does have Patrick Towles. Maybe LPT should have tried to keep him... :)

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Then act like you've been there, Rocky.

My post is solid and on point.
We aren't getting in over you guys, SEC champion, B1G champion, and unless the PAC champions have two losses, them either. What Kentucky does will have very little bearing on our playoff hopes, unless they were to win the SEC, and that ain't happening.

So you would be rooting for South Carolina in a similar situation ...

Which would make me question the depth of your allegiance to the Tigers.

I want the Gamecocks to be great every year - I also want to beat them every year.

It gives our program (or any program) credibility.

You won't get much national respect for beating weaklings - you'll only get rivalry bragging rights; that won't get you anywhere outside of your own state.

What part of this concept is foreign?

Again, stop thinking of the small potatoes and look at the bigger picture.

We aren't getting in over you guys, SEC champion, B1G champion, and unless the PAC champions have two losses, them either. What Kentucky does will have very little bearing on our playoff hopes, unless they were to win the SEC, and that ain't happening.

I think you're selling yourself, and your team, short.

I'm not here to offend you, so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: rockycard
I want the Gamecocks to be great every year - I also want to beat them every year.

You won't get much national respect for beating weaklings - you'll only get rivalry bragging rights; that won't get you anywhere outside of your own state.

Well conceptually, nothing about that is foreign. The reality though, is "Kentucky" and "good football" is like a big foot sighting. Wishing for it, is an exercise in futility.

We are used to gaining respect and credibility DESPITE the drag of our in state rival.

We don't need them to be good, to get that respect.

Well conceptually, nothing about that is foreign. The reality though, is "Kentucky" and "good football" is like a big foot sighting. Wishing for it, is an exercise in futility.

We are used to gaining respect and credibility DESPITE the drag of our in state rival.

We don't need them to be good, to get that respect.

To some extent I think you have a point; however, beating your rival - who won their division - gives you that boost on a national level.

You can believe what you want to an eat your own at the same time like you are doing with me. However, I refuse to sit here with rose colored glasses. I know an individual in that program on the coaching side. A coach that has played for and coached national champions at a lower level. Stoops knows what he is doing and inherited a train wreck. If you really believe that this is going be status quo at that program then you are really stupid.

Reactions: KYFanInAL
You can believe what you want to an eat your own at the same time like you are doing with me. However, I refuse to sit here with rose colored glasses. I know an individual in that program on the coaching side. A coach that has played for and coached national champions at a lower level. Stoops knows what he is doing and inherited a train wreck. If you really believe that this is going be status quo at that program then you are really stupid.

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

To some extent I think you have a point; however, beating your rival - who won their division - gives you that boost on a national level.

A boost nationally?? I don't know man. Not this year especially ....

--- Had they played well against Alabama, then maybe.

--- Had they not gotten destroyed by a Florida team that is hardly a world beater, then maybe.

--- Had they not lost a 30 point lead in the season opener in losing to Southern Miss by 9, then maybe.

--- Had they beaten Vandy, Mississippi State, and South Carolina by more than 7 points, 2 points, and 7 points respectively, then maybe.

--- If Tennessee, and Georgia, both had more than 4 SEC wins combined, and then UK beat them, then maybe.

Sadly, despite the fact that Kentucky is actually putting up W's, it is in this environment, where they WON'T be getting respect for doing so.

The SEC East is an absolute joke this year. And Kentucky being in contention to win it, is the punch line.

Stoops isn't a good coach, if you can't see that then there's nothing that I can say that will change your position.

A boost nationally?? I don't know man. Not this year especially ....

--- Had they played well against Alabama, then maybe.

--- Had they not gotten destroyed by a Florida team that is hardly a world beater, then maybe.

--- Had they not lost a 30 point lead in the season opener in losing to Southern Miss by 9, then maybe.

--- Had they beaten Vandy, Mississippi State, and South Carolina by more than 7 points, 2 points, and 7 points respectively, then maybe.

--- If Tennessee, and Georgia, both had more than 4 SEC wins combined, and then UK beat them, then maybe.

Sadly, despite the fact that Kentucky is actually putting up W's, it is in this environment, where they WON'T be getting respect for doing so.

The SEC East is an absolute joke this year. And Kentucky being in contention to win it, is the punch line.

I certainly agree that UK generally sucks, I'm not saying they don't. I also agree that the SEC East is a dumpster fire this year.

My point is they're not mathematically eliminated (yet) from being the division champion.

If they somehow pull it out, you'll have a helluva resume builder by stepping over an SEC division champion - something Texas A&M WON'T be able to say.

Why?

Short-Term:

Long-Term:

Please explain that to a poster named zipp please!

Stoops isn't a good coach, if you can't see that then there's nothing that I can say that will change your position.
Plenty of folks in coaching disagree with you as to if Stoops can coach or not. Your on a forum, not the field.........plenty of reason why.

Louisville is goin in Russian prison dry on your kitties. FACT.
Got that grover/mattie bangs/jay reischmeider/bama-card law!!!
You're correct. We will run over UK this year. In the coming years.....quite possibly not so much. Like I said. Enjoy while you can.

The Cats are on a great roll. The travesty is that we haven't broke into the Top 25 with 4 straight wins over SEC teams. Coach Stoops is a great coach. In his short time in Lexington he has already beat 1 team with a winning record. Mitch needs to sign him to a contract extension.

Normally I would agree with you, but I can see you aren't used to uk FB and what you know is amazingly short sighted. :)

In a perfect world you are absolutely correct. The uk game should be important. Many of us wish it were. (many don't, me included)

The problem is uk itself doesn't think FB is important. Period.

Now you may say that's ridiculous, but if it is, why did they let Adolf Rupp run off The Bear (63 friggin years ago), who was .731 overall and .563 $EC.?

Then they follow that by FIRING his replacement, Blanton Collier (55 years ago) with a .531 overall winning % and .388 in the $EC? Why? Because he was still winning!! Not as much, but enough to p!$$ off Rupp.

Since then (55 years!), the HC's at uk have a cumulative overall win % of .382 and an $EC % of .259.

The point?

Many of us have grown old (55 years-Long Term) waiting for the uk game to "matter" for anybody. We can wish, and hope,....and grow old.

uk is not now, or ever, going to do ANYTHING that might take ANY attention from their BB program. BB is ALL they ever have, and ever will care about. (other than pimping the FB program for the $EC money) That's why they ran Bear Bryant off, and the curse of THAT move is with them today.

(Truthfully, WE were on that same path until we hired Tom Zurich as AD. Howard Schnellenberger left here because we joined CUSA to the total benefit of BB. We went in a death spiral with a 3 year record of 13-20 when TJ was hired, and he has seen to it that ALL sports are treated equally, fairly, and put in the best position to succeed!)

So yes, it would help us if uk were better. But I'll fly Space Shuttles before that happens on a consistent basis.

So, most of us don't hope for it anymore. We hope they continue to SuCk, because they have asked for it, so they deserve it. ;)

Normally I would agree with you, but I can see you aren't used to uk FB and what you know is amazingly short sighted. :)

In a perfect world you are absolutely correct. The uk game should be important. Many of us wish it were. (many don't, me included)

The problem is uk itself doesn't think FB is important. Period.

Now you may say that's ridiculous, but if it is, why did they let Adolf Rupp run off The Bear (63 friggin years ago), who was .731 overall and .563 $EC.?

Then they follow that by FIRING his replacement, Blanton Collier (55 years ago) with a .531 overall winning % and .388 in the $EC? Why? Because he was still winning!! Not as much, but enough to p!$$ off Rupp.

Since then (55 years!), the HC's at uk have a cumulative overall win % of .382 and an $EC % of .259.

The point?

Many of us have grown old (55 years-Long Term) waiting for the uk game to "matter" for anybody. We can wish, and hope,....and grow old.

uk is not now, or ever, going to do ANYTHING that might take ANY attention from their BB program. BB is ALL they ever have, and ever will care about. (other than pimping the FB program for the $EC money) That's why they ran Bear Bryant off, and the curse of THAT move is with them today.

(Truthfully, WE were on that same path until we hired Tom Zurich as AD. Howard Schnellenberger left here because we joined CUSA to the total benefit of BB. We went in a death spiral with a 3 year record of 13-20 when TJ was hired, and he has seen to it that ALL sports are treated equally, fairly, and put in the best position to succeed!)

So yes, it would help us if uk were better. But I'll fly Space Shuttles before that happens on a consistent basis.

So, most of us don't hope for it anymore. We hope they continue to SuCk, because they have asked for it, so they deserve it. ;)

Hey RC I love the "but I'll fly Space Shuttles" comment. I might have to steal that one. :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

While "YOU" can?

"YOU all" and "what YOU wish for"?

Lot of "you" in there instead of "WE".

Troll. And a very weak attempt at that.

IGNORE

Not a troll, simply a UL fan who sees reality and understands the game because I used to coach at the college level and know more than still on the inside. I don't tow a supposed company line so some here have decided to lash out and try and run me off. In the coming years if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, I'm not going to sit here and proclaim an easy perennial victory when I know that under the current leadership it's not going to stay that way for long. I'm sure if Stoops was still an ACC coach you'd be on your kneepads slopping up his man gravy.

Not a troll, simply a UL fan who sees reality and understands the game because I used to coach at the college level and know more than still on the inside. I don't tow a supposed company line so some here have decided to lash out and try and run me off. In the coming years if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, I'm not going to sit here and proclaim an easy perennial victory when I know that under the current leadership it's not going to stay that way for long. I'm sure if Stoops was still an ACC coach you'd be on your kneepads slopping up his man gravy.
What a load of crap. used to coach on the College level. Stoops has beat 1 team with a winning record.EKU. fact is at most schools Stoops would have been fired already. All these sterling recruiting classes and he can only beat bottom feeders but UK will give him an extension because he makes some crappy bowl. UK barely beats teams that are at a low point in their history and suddenly they are great.

So?

And I played college FB, and have a brother who played at uk.

So I know a bit about the inner workings of FB, and especially uk FB.

I know that when I talk about UL I say "we" and "us".

Not "you", "they", and "you all".

Words mean things. Your allegiance has been exposed by your words. Regardless who you are, and what you've done. Plus the fact you are more impressed by a uk squad that has beaten no one ranked higher than 54 (Sagarin)

54- Miss St by 1 pt.
70- Vandy by 7
71- Mizzou by 14
74- USC by 7
167-NMSU by 20

UL has beaten:
12- FSU by 43
48- NCST by 41
63- Duke by 10
82- UVA by 7
123- Marshall by 31
175- Charlotte by 56

So our wins are over higher ranked teams, by more points. Actually our lower ranked opps is by more too.

But comparative scores don't matter. What does matter is.....uk still sucks.

And anybody with a FB IQ knows it.

You may be a UofL fan, but you sound like one that wears blue when we play them. Come back and post on the evening of the 21st.

This last line has me thinking you're no longer coaching because you got an erection in the shower...Coach.

Basically, it's called good scheduling by Brainfart. Of course with that said...they don't do the SEZ scheduling. Yea, the SEZ east just sucks.

Reactions: zipp
Very convincing. :rolleyes: Gotta step your troll game up son!

Not far off from us. We've only had one win against an above .500 team and nearly got canned by a team with 2 wins.

Oh, boy. Here we go. UK is "surging" and all of a sudden we get new registered posters posing as truth telling Louisville fans. You certainly aren't the first to pull this pathetic maneuver and you absolutely won't be the last. But, I'll play along. Technically, NCST was 4-2 prior to their shellacking. Regarding UVA, they are kind of like "us" with Clemson. "We" give Clemson a game every year. UVA gives us a game every year. It's the cross divisional rivalry the ACC had in mind when Louisville entered the conference.

I think it's funny how some folks see that UVA win. Some, typically the haters or the gamblers who lost on the -33 point spread, see it as a bad win, if that really exists. I see it as a tough fought ball game that ended dramatically and actually helped Lamar's Heisman campaign, which it did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT