ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Petrino was watching the Title game

After jettisoning Grantham, i conclude Petrino did watch the Title game.
Im sure he's talking the other necessary steps to win the ACC Atlantic.

Reactions: beasleythecard
The way UofL BLEW out FSU who beat Michigan, and then went toe to toe with the national champion at their house (one of the toughest places to play in college football) has to make me wonder what the hell happened to this team mid season. There has to be some behind the scenes locker room stuff, Heisman jealousy, or just a total breakdown. Possibly, NFL prospects just playing to not get injured.....I am utterly baffled.

We may never know, but I am convinced something happened to this team mid season. They played as if they didn't care the second half of the season.

FSU had a freshman QB and that game was an anomaly. He improved, Louisville didn't.
Clemson played down to competition all year. See NC State, Pittsburgh, Troy, Auburn, Louisville.
The scouting report on Lamar got out. He cannot beat a defense that forces him to go through his passing progressions. Houston dropped the blue print. Bring controlled pressure off the edges with a spy in the middle of the field. Turn him into a passer and he's painfully average. Probably below average.

FSU had a freshman QB and that game was an anomaly. He improved, Louisville didn't.
Clemson played down to competition all year. See NC State, Pittsburgh, Troy, Auburn, Louisville.
The scouting report on Lamar got out. He cannot beat a defense that forces him to go through his passing progressions. Houston dropped the blue print. Bring controlled pressure off the edges with a spy in the middle of the field. Turn him into a passer and he's painfully average. Probably below average.
We need an offensive line.

There is no greater area of need on this team than offensive line.

We hunted the deep ball 90% of the time and ran with lamar 10% of the time. The early season success was a mix of running backs and short pass routes mixed with 10% lamar and the deep threat as an extra.

None of that is on Lamar. It is 100% on coaching.

Linemen looking at fuys running past then. Linemen falling down. Deep passing routes with nothing short.

Forgetting that we have running backs.

Defense lost in a morons schemes, defense afraid to tackle.

Heads had to roll this offseason.

I want us to at least compete.

Louisville got better with the defensive hires.

Now we need to hire some big names and make a splash on the offensive side of the ball.

43088933.jpg

Reactions: beasleythecard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT