ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Ty…

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
I’m not going to tag you but I trust you’ll see this thread at some point.

I’d like to propose something to you.

I’m not sure what your “negotiations” are (if there are any) with the board’s troll but, just today there are multiple posts and a thread by him, with the sole intent of disparaging UofL and the athletics department - which I believe (but could be wrong) is a violation of the TOS.

I’ve been a poster here almost 10 years - I’ve had my run ins with others but, I consider myself to be a fairly knowledgeable UofL sports fan and, I try to contribute to the conversation.

To this point, I’ve never been a premium subscriber but, you have my word that if and when you decide to rid this board of the individual in question - I’ll plunk my money down in perpetuity so that you don’t lose a penny.

Deal?

I guess it comes down to a financial decision. Is allowing one tax paying troll to remain active better than having a bunch of freeloaders ( myself included) seek, or start another site about U of L sports?

I made a strong plea to the mods earlier today regarding the removal of this troll. It seems that my post regarding this has been removed. I would like to know why my post was taken down.
I saw your post. You shouldn't have to be subjected to that level of trolling. You are a fan of UofL and you should be able to post your opinions without getting attacked like that by a malicious troll.

Thanks…I’m just wondering why my post was removed. If I violated some rule please let me know so I won’t do it again,
0eb24b53-f36d-4eef-974e-51492da583ed_text.gif

I disagree with the Artist a lot, but he has a legitimate POV. Money does matter- but it’s not JUST money that Matters. Learn to deal with his posts or argue against them, but don’t silence him because you don’t like what he says. There’s something un-American about that. The battles can be fun, if you avoid taking it personally and keep your sense of humor. We’re all Card fans here.

I disagree with the Artist a lot, but he has a legitimate POV. Money does matter- but it’s not JUST money that Matters. Learn to deal with his posts or argue against them, but don’t silence him because you don’t like what he says. There’s something un-American about that. The battles can be fun, if you avoid taking it personally and keep your sense of humor. We’re all Card fans here.
To each their own. What you think is legitimate is just full speed trolling. And that's okay, nobody is going to criticize you for not grasping what he's doing, although since he does it in so many threads it is baffling you think what he's doing is legitimate. You are one of his few lifelines. Yes. He likes you for sure.

Sense of humor comes in all forms too.

Agree it's Unamerican to silence others, but there's no doubt his spamming is breaking rules and .he has been temp banned and even perma banned for doing just that in the past.

The owner decides on if rules are to be enforced. They choose to allow the rule breaking to persist. Their call. I think we're all rolling with it just fine.

So with that, while you attempt to "debate" a bad faith troll on his terms, many others will choose to fart in his face and then pull the cover over his head immediately after doing it. Because a lot of people see that as what he deserves. Others may think he deserves even worse.

I'm good with all of it, and I'm glad mods/owners have refused to come to his rescue with all of his "hating" and "butt sniffing" cries.

We are all having fun. Well maybe not everyone.

I’m not going to tag you but I trust you’ll see this thread at some point.

I’d like to propose something to you.

I’m not sure what your “negotiations” are (if there are any) with the board’s troll but, just today there are multiple posts and a thread by him, with the sole intent of disparaging UofL and the athletics department - which I believe (but could be wrong) is a violation of the TOS.

I’ve been a poster here almost 10 years - I’ve had my run ins with others but, I consider myself to be a fairly knowledgeable UofL sports fan and, I try to contribute to the conversation.

To this point, I’ve never been a premium subscriber but, you have my word that if and when you decide to rid this board of the individual in question - I’ll plunk my money down in perpetuity so that you don’t lose a penny.

Deal?
Could work. My personal story. I've migrated back to this site after obtaining a permanent ban from CA. No reason givin as the only way to ask the people in charge over there is to have a subscription, which I didn't. But here's my take on what went down. A certain poster over there who IS a subscriber, was allowed to call me a bigot on a daily basis. FACT. This was his opinion and of course I made it a point to state my opinion on the subject. Fact of the matter the poster in question was about as big a race baiter as you'd ever want to see. I let him know that. Now you have to understand CA is about as Liberal a site as you'd ever want to see as well. But anyway, I get banned. Other poster who subscribes doesn't get banned. Go over there and read some posts. You'll figure out who I refer to. Guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder that you'd ever wanna see. So IMHO, coupled with the sites Liberal handlers and the fact I wasn't a subscriber, I get canned AS WELL AS being publicly called a BIGOT whenever I said something the poster didn't like. TRUE STORY. And I have been on that site for 25+ years. You'd think they would have at least had the balls to reach out to me over my ban. Like a reason. So to get back to your point,it may not hurt to subscribe in order to get some leeway in certain situations. I'm about 99.9% sure I had no recourse because I was not a subscriber. Id still be there had I subscribed. Pretty sad actually.

I made a strong plea to the mods earlier today regarding the removal of this troll. It seems that my post regarding this has been removed. I would like to know why my post was taken down.
Typically when a post is removed, other posts quoting the removed post are also taken down.

I’m obviously not a Mod and I’m not really sure how modding works. But, it seems to me that if a poster came here with the moniker “BigBlueBob” and posted the exact same crap that we get from our resident troll, he would likely get banned. Am I wrong about this? Our troll works very hard to keep things stirred up. He’s constantly negative to the UL program, refers to our Athletic Department as a “Clown Show” and has been very consistent in his view that our sports programs aren’t successful and will never be successful due to the actions of our Athletic Director. Again, if a big blue brat came in here saying these things I would be very surprised if the mods tolerated that. But, our troll’s comments are allowed.

Maybe I just have a very elementary understanding of modding. That’s entirely possible.
Thanks!

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I’m obviously not a Mod and I’m not really sure how modding works. But, it seems to me that if a poster came here with the moniker “BigBlueBob” and posted the exact same crap that we get from our resident troll, he would likely get banned. Am I wrong about this? Our troll works very hard to keep things stirred up. He’s constantly negative to the UL program, refers to our Athletic Department as a “Clown Show” and has been very consistent in his view that our sports programs aren’t successful and will never be successful due to the actions of our Athletic Director. Again, if a big blue brat came in here saying these things I would be very surprised if the mods tolerated that. But, our troll’s comments are allowed.

Maybe I just have a very elementary understanding of modding. That’s entirely possible.
Thanks!
There's no point in calling out the mods on the board because as a premium member only Ty gets to decide to remove him permanently. There's a function to report a post you think we missed. He does get moderated as many of his repetitive posts get deleted. It just doesn't seem like it because he spends every minute he's awake posting here whereas mods have jobs and a life LOL. You can always send Ty a PM and he'll probably respond. He doesn't look at the free board that much.

There's no point in calling out the mods on the board because as a premium member only Ty gets to decide to remove him permanently. There's a function to report a post you think we missed. He does get moderated as many of his repetitive posts get deleted. It just doesn't seem like it because he spends every minute he's awake posting here whereas mods have jobs and a life LOL. You can always send Ty a PM and he'll probably respond. He doesn't look at the free board that much.
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Guess I should have tagged him in my OP? In any event, with my offer, I was trying to eliminate one more obstacle to Ty finally ridding us of this situation. Whereas I understand and agree with the logistics of your response - I imagine you’d also agree that OldhamCard’s main point is true. Any rival fan who came on here clogging up the board with posts with the twin intents of trolling and, denigrating UofL - would have been perma-banned after a few posts.

The trashcanofentertainment can say that he’s a UofL fan but his actions dispute that. Truth be told - he’s probably just too lazy to drive from Indiana to Lexington.

Last edited:
Guess I should have tagged him in my OP? In any event, with my offer, I was trying to eliminate one more obstacle to Ty finally ridding us of this situation. Whereas I understand and agree with the logistics of your response - I imagine you’d also agree that OldhamCard’s main point is true. Any rival fan who came on here clogging up the board with posts with the twin intents of trolling and, denigrating UofL - would have been perma-banned after a few posts.

The trashcanofentertainment can say that he’s a UofL fan but his actions dispute that. Truth be told - he’s probably just too lazy to drive from Indiana to Lexington.
Everybody agrees.

Everybody agrees.
Except possibly, the one person that matters. I’m not going to DM Ty but, it certainly would be interesting to know what his thoughts are on my suggestion.

CD - can you get this done? If you’d rather not - I totally get it.

Except possibly, the one person that matters. I’m not going to DM Ty but, it certainly would be interesting to know what his thoughts are on my suggestion.

CD - can you get this done? If you’d rather not - I totally get it.
A post was put on the premium board for TY to look at your post. I have spoken to Ty in the past. I don't know his thoughts in this instance but he's had his own issues with him. All I can say is he deals with him his way.

Sorry, I wasn’t calling out the mods at all. I was posing a hypothetical. I apologize if it came off that way. I did say it was entirely possible that I have a very elementary understanding of modding. Apparently, that is the case.

And, thanks for the clarification!

Nobody has had more run ins with Zipp than me and he has really pissed me of several times, and I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I don't think he should be kicked off here.. I do think there should be some board rules for everyone for hijacking threads and taking them completely off the rails. If a thread is about something good UofL don't try to kill the joy with a financial statement or comparisons to past employees..

To each their own, but I wouldn't ban the guy. Arguing with him is actually entertaining sometimes..

Nobody has had more run ins with Zipp than me and he has really pissed me of several times, and I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I don't think he should be kicked off here.. I do think there should be some board rules for everyone for hijacking threads and taking them completely off the rails. If a thread is about something good UofL don't try to kill the joy with a financial statement or comparisons to past employees..

To each their own, but I wouldn't ban the guy. Arguing with him is actually entertaining sometimes..
The troll hijacks every thread with anti-UofL admin agenda posts. Look at the Tang thread. The OP starts an enthusiastic thread, and the troll calls UofL a dumpster fire. The topic is Tang. He's proven time and again he won't stay on topic in threads. It's wishful thinking to talk about the troll stopping.

Oldham is right, the troll's posts are pretty much what a UK hater would post. Anyone else who posted what the troll posts would get banned, hijacking every thread he can every day.

Reactions: BPGhost
Zipp is no troll. He legitimately hates UofL after the Jurich and Pitino firings, then his boy (Jurich) not getting re-hired. He can’t let it go, big time. Z has been around a long time. I bust his balls, he busts mine. Nothing personal. Message boards operate that way.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
He was removed once by Mark Ennis as I recall and was allowed to return. He did at one point have pretty good input (About sports), but his constant barrage against the university and finances got old and who really listens to him anymore. He’s just an old “Get off my lawn” guy now. It’s pretty sad that someone allows something to eat at them that much.

Oldham is right, the troll's posts are pretty much what a UK hater would post. Anyone else who posted what the troll posts would get banned, hijacking every thread he can every day.
Did you read my post ? I said make some rules about high jacking threads. You highjack a thread you get timeout..

You’re welcome to your opinion - it just isn’t shared by the vast majority here or apparently on the pay side. He never argues in good faith - it’s like trying to nail a wet turd (metaphor intended) to a chain link fence. We clearly have a different definition of what constitutes “entertaining”.

You’re welcome to your opinion - it just isn’t shared by the vast majority here or apparently on the pay side. He never argues in good faith - it’s like trying to nail a wet turd (metaphor intended) to a chain link fence. We clearly have a different definition of what constitutes “entertaining”.
Just don't comment on his posts... Look I get it. I've probably argued with him more than anybody. Anymore I just say my peace and move on..

You gotta admit, watching somebody trying to nail a wet turd to a chain link fence would be entertaining.. From a distance.. 🤪

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT