ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s the tally

GoldCard

Three-Star Poster
Jun 13, 2001
Ball hits the turf and Wake gets a 1st down reception.
Our defense makes a great goal line stand at the end of the half only to have 1 second magically appear on the clock to gift Wake Forest 3 points!
We have a productive drive sputter out because of a phantom block in the back call.
Wake has a first down catch clearly out of bounds that was called correctly on the field and overturned with no evidence.
Did I miss anything?

The whole game, Clausen was whining like a bitch to the officials. Is that what you have to do to win games in this conference?

Kick catch interference was a bad call, but not as egregious as the others. There’s a reason coaches usually call a pass with :04 left in that situation. There’s not enough time to get tackled and take a timeout. And the rules for review are for indisputable evidence to overturn a call on the field. A grainy closeup of a toe maybe touching the turf before the other foot comes down out of bounds is not indisputable. And how often do you see someone called for block in the back while pass protecting? Never! And it didn’t happen on that play.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
Perhaps the most egregious screwing of rules is when they wouldn’t let Malik back in the game after he lost his helmet. Very basic rule is that if you take a timeout you can return to the game. Just mind blowing. That was a huge 3rd down at midfield

Kick catch interference was a bad call, but not as egregious as the others. There’s a reason coaches usually call a pass with :04 left in that situation. There’s not enough time to get tackled and take a timeout. And the rules for review are for indisputable evidence to overturn a call on the field. A grainy closeup of a toe maybe touching the turf before the other foot comes down out of bounds is not indisputable. And how often do you see someone called for block in the back while pass protecting? Never! And it didn’t happen on that play.
I would also like to know who called the timeout. I did not see a single player that looked like they were calling time out. I guess Clausen could have called it but he should not be any closer to end zone than the 30 yard line. How did an official hear that before zero.

Reactions: GoldCard
There is no excuse for putting a second back on the clock so WF can kick the FG. Satterfield said after the game that there's a rule that there had to be at least 3 seconds on the clock before a QB can spike the ball to stop the clock.

So how could WF call a timeout after a running play with 4 seconds to go? And most importantly, why was there a replay review? What were they looking at? There was no camera angle showing the clock, a WF person signaling for a timeout and a ref seeing that.

It was to see what the clock was when the runner was down which doesn't stop the clock. They knew they messed up or they knew they were going to cheat but either way, a replay review was just to cover the decision to put a second on the clock.

The only way WF would have had time to call a time out would be if the clock stopped due to a first down. Everyone knows that FG shouldn't have happened. If I were UofL, I would officially make a complaint and demand a explanation how that time out was allowed.

This reminds me all those years ago in the WVU game when on a pooch kick, a UofL player was tackled right before he was to catch the ball. It was called a fumble and WVU won because of it. There was no replay back then.

I would also like to know who called the timeout. I did not see a single player that looked like they were calling time out. I guess Clausen could have called it but he should not be any closer to end zone than the 30 yard line. How did an official hear that before zero.
No one was calling a timeout because they were gambling for a TD. That's why the runner was giving extra effort to cross the goal line. WF didn't call a running play with 4 seconds thinking they could call a timeout.

Now we probably won't see ESPN or ACC talking heads discussing this travesty and how Louisville was hosed. But bet your ass had this happened to Alabama or Georgia there would be a 20 minute segment on it.

I loved college football. Have ever since Howard led UofL football to some relevance, but I'm close to abandoning it due to the obvious bias for the SEC.

Clausen is a wussy. Whines too much but like Calimari he knows it intimidates the refs. So in retrospect the refs are wussies, but we all knew that already.

Reactions: Deeva
Punt interference flag thrown on UofL in the 3rd Q on the WF fumbled punt return that truly made it all very clear what was coming. The Card player runs past the punt returner, plenty of space, WF muffs the punt, flag thrown immediately to assure Cards cannot keep the ball if they were lucky enough to recover the ball.

The refs put in work. If It wouldn't be so bad they would have made a few blocks and tried to make a couple tackles.

But it's just been this way forever. The UCONN fair catch. Bizarre calls in the other sport.

Cards haven’t gotten a call since joining the ACC.

It seems we’ve prostituted ourselves for ACC money because we’ve been F’d plenty.

We got what we hoped for so I guess we need to take the Bobby Knight philosophy and lay back and enjoy it.

There is no excuse for putting a second back on the clock so WF can kick the FG. Satterfield said after the game that there's a rule that there had to be at least 3 seconds on the clock before a QB can spike the ball to stop the clock.

So how could WF call a timeout after a running play with 4 seconds to go? And most importantly, why was there a replay review? What were they looking at? There was no camera angle showing the clock, a WF person signaling for a timeout and a ref seeing that.

It was to see what the clock was when the runner was down which doesn't stop the clock. They knew they messed up or they knew they were going to cheat but either way, a replay review was just to cover the decision to put a second on the clock.

The only way WF would have had time to call a time out would be if the clock stopped due to a first down. Everyone knows that FG shouldn't have happened. If I were UofL, I would officially make a complaint and demand a explanation how that time out was allowed.

This reminds me all those years ago in the WVU game when on a pooch kick, a UofL player was tackled right before he was to catch the ball. It was called a fumble and WVU won because of it. There was no replay back then.
Or when UCONN clearly called for a fair catch and returned for a TD

Clausen is a wussy. Whines too much but like Calimari he knows it intimidates the refs. So in retrospect the refs are wussies, but we all knew that already.
That whiny ass could teach Calamari a thing or two. What a punk

Most of The ACC was holding their nose when they invited us.

Nobody will make me think they really wanted us to begin with, and then scandal after scandal

Probably hoping we’ll leave if they screw us enough.

But it doesn’t matter who coaches or how well they recruit if officiating like we’ve gotten since joining is what we have to look forward to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT