ADVERTISEMENT

Guess it’s all Brohm now

Not a big zipp fan, but he's right. No one has countered his argument. Roy Williams took more money to coach UNC. Besides, he was established, not up-and-coming, and Kansas to UNC was from one of the top 5 programs in history to another one of the top 5 programs in history. Scott Frost took 2.5x more money to coach Nebraska, not to mention going from the American Conference to the Big Ten. Beamer went from Murray State to Va Tech, an established football program. Huggins wasn't up-and-coming, nor did he take a pay cut to go to WVU.

Maybe that will put an end to that annoying argument. zipp was right.

I know Brohm loves Louisville, but it's going to take more than that to get him to turn down the Big Ten or the SEC. The only ACC school that could get him, IMHO, would be Florida St. Jurich picked the wrong WKU coach when given the opportunity.

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal of purdoo’s better “pedigree” than Louisville’s?

Lol - stopped reading after the first two comparisons - H2H and all time win percentage - both in Louisville’s favor.
Purdue played in a real football conference that whole time, and also wasn’t/isn’t a Kentucky community college

The SEC owns your a&&. And the ACC has more resent NC than the Big 10. And you saying you’re part of the Big 10 in FB like it’s suppose to scare someone is like SuCk saying they’re a FB power house in the SEC. You’re a doormat in the Big 10 for most seasons. You might want take a little drive down to the Ville and checkout a real FB stadium and complex. And as far as the dumpster fire, sit back and watch the Card rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. Better and stronger than before. Which is saying a lot! With Brohm as our HC if the change is needed.

Reactions: BPGhost
You may need to check your facts... According to this source (LINK), Williams total compensation DOUBLED when he took the UNC job. And that was after turning down his alma mater three years earlier.

Let's hope Brohm doesn't read this... ;)
I really dont get you man. It's like your really not a fan of the university but like to talk on the message boards.. to quote you " hoping fanboy gets UofL into another lawsuit" how you say brohm wont come here...all this negative shit. It's like you're a UK fan yet somehow everyone stupidly believes you're a uofl fan.
It's the most bazzare thing I've ever seen. It's like you want UofL to fail because Jurich was let go. I dont get it

I'll say this then leave your site to yourselves. I only came over here by being sucked in on a rumor Petrino was going to be fired, which we all know now was just BS, so i was just checking things out. I've been a JPC member since inception here at PU and by some, probably considered a "fairly high" donor and seldom ,if ever make comments on another site. So first of all, your only hearing this from some one whose talked personally to Jeff, his wife, his brother and son plus others on staff on several occasions over the past year and a half. My impressions have been that the entire group and especially the Brohm's are the most sincere,polite,respectful and courteous people i've ever been around, and this is my 10th coach at PU that ive been associated with. ANY school would be proud but also LUCKY to have them as part of their program. I understand why you would want him so badly, believe me.But..facts are facts..had this situation arised only a couple three years ago ..you'd have serious optimism..however we have new President (ex-govenor),new BOT and chairman, and new AD who have committed any, and all B1GTEN revenues ( 51 MILLION THIS YEAR)+ JPC to stay within athletic dept.which had never happened in the past so this puts Louisville , right off the bat, about 25 million in the hole, head to head. Last year we had the largest attendance increase in FBS. both in raw numbers and %. Expansion plans for the open end of stadium..on the drawing board for several years are now under full steam ahead to make it "comparable to any stadium in US" at a now rough estimate of 60M to complete prior to 2022. You can read my previous post on the financials at the PU end and conclude for your self what the $ numbers on on Louisville end are. but when added together its staggering,unfortunately, for both sides,but this is what college athletics has created. I know the pat answer is,"but its home town and really wanted to be here all the time" Being privy to some of the "bigtime" donors here, the general consensus is 1) its gonna take "Texas" size $ to get the Brohms to leave prior to atleast 2024 2) may end up at "ville as a last stop to "cap off career" barring age requirements at Louisville 3) NFL may come calling...then all bets off the table! Good Luck in your quest for a new coach if Patrino is no longer your coach, but be careful in what you wish for..as our history can attest to that.

Not a big zipp fan, but he's right. No one has countered his argument. Roy Williams took more money to coach UNC. Besides, he was established, not up-and-coming, and Kansas to UNC was from one of the top 5 programs in history to another one of the top 5 programs in history. Scott Frost took 2.5x more money to coach Nebraska, not to mention going from the American Conference to the Big Ten. Beamer went from Murray State to Va Tech, an established football program. Huggins wasn't up-and-coming, nor did he take a pay cut to go to WVU.

Maybe that will put an end to that annoying argument. zipp was right.

I know Brohm loves Louisville, but it's going to take more than that to get him to turn down the Big Ten or the SEC. The only ACC school that could get him, IMHO, would be Florida St. Jurich picked the wrong WKU coach when given the opportunity.
Honestly, none of you really know what any coach will do. I personally know 2 Brohms very closely here in Louisville and I'll just leave it at that

You may need to check your facts... According to this source (LINK), Williams total compensation DOUBLED when he took the UNC job. And that was after turning down his alma mater three years earlier.

Let's hope Brohm doesn't read this... ;)
I really dont get you man. It's like your really not a fan of the university but like to talk on the message boards.. to quote you " hoping fanboy gets UofL into another lawsuit" how you say brohm wont come here...all this negative shit. It's like you're a UK fan yet somehow everyone stupidly believes you're a uofl fan.
It's the most bazzare thing I've ever seen. It's like you want UofL to fail because Jurich was let go. I dont get it

He likes the attention. It’s that simple

I'll say this then leave your site to yourselves. I only came over here by being sucked in on a rumor Petrino was going to be fired, which we all know now was just BS, so i was just checking things out. I've been a JPC member since inception here at PU and by some, probably considered a "fairly high" donor and seldom ,if ever make comments on another site. So first of all, your only hearing this from some one whose talked personally to Jeff, his wife, his brother and son plus others on staff on several occasions over the past year and a half. My impressions have been that the entire group and especially the Brohm's are the most sincere,polite,respectful and courteous people i've ever been around, and this is my 10th coach at PU that ive been associated with. ANY school would be proud but also LUCKY to have them as part of their program. I understand why you would want him so badly, believe me.But..facts are facts..had this situation arised only a couple three years ago ..you'd have serious optimism..however we have new President (ex-govenor),new BOT and chairman, and new AD who have committed any, and all B1GTEN revenues ( 51 MILLION THIS YEAR)+ JPC to stay within athletic dept.which had never happened in the past so this puts Louisville , right off the bat, about 25 million in the hole, head to head. Last year we had the largest attendance increase in FBS. both in raw numbers and %. Expansion plans for the open end of stadium..on the drawing board for several years are now under full steam ahead to make it "comparable to any stadium in US" at a now rough estimate of 60M to complete prior to 2022. You can read my previous post on the financials at the PU end and conclude for your self what the $ numbers on on Louisville end are. but when added together its staggering,unfortunately, for both sides,but this is what college athletics has created. I know the pat answer is,"but its home town and really wanted to be here all the time" Being privy to some of the "bigtime" donors here, the general consensus is 1) its gonna take "Texas" size $ to get the Brohms to leave prior to atleast 2024 2) may end up at "ville as a last stop to "cap off career" barring age requirements at Louisville 3) NFL may come calling...then all bets off the table! Good Luck in your quest for a new coach if Patrino is no longer your coach, but be careful in what you wish for..as our history can attest to that.
Heard and read the same exact shit verbatim on the xavier boards before Mack was hired

It's very simple. We have nutso fans that need to be reeled...that's the first issue.

AND I have no regard for the current leadership at U of L. Zero, and that extends well beyond Gruesome and formerly Postel. At a minimum, they're all lightweights working under Gruesome's thumb. But in all likelihood, they're co-conspirators. esp. Fanboy.

AND don't tell me I have to support U of L's leadership in order to be a "good U of L fan." Anymore than to be a solid American citizen, you need to support Donald Trump. That's bull$hit and bull$hit.

Not quite sure why I have to keep explaining this stuff, but I don't mind. It just amazes me so many fans continue to miss the mark...

Honestly, none of you really know what any coach will do. I personally know 2 Brohms very closely here in Louisville and I'll just leave it at that
That's not the issue--"knowing Brohms".

The issue is delusional fans who think Brohm will come here for 60-70% of what he's making at Purdue. If that's what you're pinning your hopes on to make a ridiculously expensive change just expensive, you may as well hope for the right lotto numbers tonite. Neither is happening, but at least one makes you "ridiculously" rich... :p

Reactions: jmac1029
Part of that was paying the annuity that Kansas had promised him so - not so much on your point.
How he makes his money doesn't matter. Pitino made $7 million with the $2 million adidas money thrown in. Mack makes $4 with no adidas money. Bottom line, that's $7 vs. $4.

Is Brohm gonna say "well I wasn't really counting that other money anyway"? Sure, and maybe the Pope smokes grass as we said as kids. (Kids understand this stuff.)

So, bottom line... Roy pocketed a million more Susan Anthonys at UNC AFTER turning down the job once and AFTER shedding tears in Lawrence. If Brohm's a cold dude, maybe he doesn't give a lick about Purdue and will bolt for a few hundred dollars more. No one knows for sure, but I'm betting otherwise...

That's not the issue--"knowing Brohms".

The issue is delusional fans who think Brohm will come here for 60-70% of what he's making at Purdue. If that's what you're pinning your hopes on to make a ridiculously expensive change just expensive, you may as well hope for the right lotto numbers tonite. Neither is happening, but at least one makes you "ridiculously" rich... :p

Where does the 60-70% come from? He will get the money he deserves.

How he makes his money doesn't matter. Pitino made $7 million with the $2 million adidas money thrown in. Mack makes $4 with no adidas money. Bottom line, that's $7 vs. $4.

Is Brohm gonna say "well I wasn't really counting that other money anyway"? Sure, and maybe the Pope smokes grass as we said as kids. (Kids understand this stuff.)

So, bottom line... Roy pocketed a million more Susan Anthonys at UNC AFTER turning down the job once and AFTER shedding tears in Lawrence. If Brohm's a cold dude, maybe he doesn't give a lick about Purdue and will bolt for a few hundred dollars more. No one knows for sure, but I'm betting otherwise...
Nope, you still haven’t proved it.

Where does the 60-70% come from? He will get the money he deserves.
I'm just throwing out a hypothetical dream number that wishful U of L fans hope for. If it's 95%, no one cares. If it's 70%, it's a joke on those fans.

More than likely, it will flip over to 120+%. That's a five million dollar contract ON TOP OF $16-18 million. The land of OZ for an AD who can't raise a dime...

I'm just throwing out a hypothetical dream number that wishful U of L fans hope for. If it's 95%, no one cares. If it's 70%, it's a joke on those fans.

More than likely, it will flip over to 120+%. That's a five million dollar contract ON TOP OF $16-18 million. The land of OZ for an AD who can't raise a dime...
Gonna be a lot less in a few days...

Reactions: HRTheCard
I don't follow the details for other programs, so I'll leave this with the experts...

Can anyone name me a successful, big time coach on an uptick who took less money to return home or to his alma mater? Never heard of that person.

I also believe Purdue wouldn't just back away from whatever competition U of L represents financially. Notre Dame or Ohio State would probably get their guy regardless. But U of L?... Purdue thinks they're a better opportunity for Brohm, and so likely does the rest of the Big Ten...

Not a fan of either program but i think Brohm would leave Purdue in a heartbeat for Louisville... no brainer.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Heard and read the same exact shit verbatim on the xavier boards before Mack was hired

Purdue isn’t Xavier. Much better school with significantly more money.

Well let’s look at the big picture.

1) Conference alignment is a wash both P5 conferences.
2) Money is a wash Purdue can offer big money and so can UofL
3) UofL’s stadium is just a bit larger (After the latest addition) with modern amenities.
4) Larger much newer training facilities.
5) Louisville is a much larger city
6) Brohm’s alma mater, where his family’s history goes back three or four generations. Brohm family is huge in UofL FB history.

Is there a possibility he stays at Purdue, anything is possible, but there is plenty to bring him home.

But it’s really putting the cart before the horse. Bobby isn’t even gone and he has time to turn it around.

Well let’s look at the big picture.

1) Conference alignment is a wash both P5 conferences.
2) Money is a wash Purdue can offer big money and so can UofL
3) UofL’s stadium is just a bit larger (After the latest addition) with modern amenities.
4) Larger much newer training facilities.
5) Louisville is a much larger city
6) Brohm’s alma mater, where his family’s history goes back three or four generations. Brohm family is huge in UofL FB history.

Is there a possibility he stays at Purdue, anything is possible, but there is plenty to bring him home.

But it’s really putting the cart before the horse. Bobby isn’t even gone and he has time to turn it around.
Of your 6 points, your completely wrong on half of them...1) Its NOT a wash B1G revenue sharing is 25MILLION per school higher than ACC , PU share last year was 51 MILLION......which negates #2, Virtually any B1G school has atleast 25MILLION more to play with than 'Ville and 4) PU just opened a 65MILLION,3 level,112,000 sq.ft.training complex in Aug 2017 and correct me if im wrong but 'ville FB training facility was built in 1998 and approx half the size at 68000 sq ft,

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
Of your 6 points, your completely wrong on half of them...1) Its NOT a wash B1G revenue sharing is 25MILLION per school higher than ACC , PU share last year was 51 MILLION......which negates #2, Virtually any B1G school has atleast 25MILLION more to play with than 'Ville and 4) PU just opened a 65MILLION,3 level,112,000 sq.ft.training complex in Aug 2017 and correct me if im wrong but 'ville FB training facility was built in 1998 and approx half the size at 68000 sq ft,
Im not saying we will get Brohm...nobody knows. I can tell you this...when you're a Catholic school boy from Louisville that means a lot to you as a person. It is a culture here. You know everyone that you went to grade school with and grew up with. Louisville is a big /little city, and that catholic school boy culture runs deep in your blood. I went to Trinity as well and to a Catholic grade school. I could not imagine coming back here and essentially being the king of this damn city and he would...he already essentially is. You guys are really underestimating that and will never ever understand that unless you are from here.

Im not saying we will get Brohm...nobody knows. I can tell you this...when you're a Catholic school boy from Louisville that means a lot to you as a person. It is a culture here. You know everyone that you went to grade school with and grew up with. Louisville is a big /little city, and that catholic school boy culture runs deep in your blood. I went to Trinity as well and to a Catholic grade school. I could not imagine coming back here and essentially being the king of this damn city and he would...he already essentially is. You guys are really underestimating that and will never ever understand that unless you are from here.
Spent a year working in Louisville. Eating derby pie, lunches at Mike Linnigs on Cane Run. It was a nice sleepy town.

Dont doubt what you say is true one bit. Coach Brohms kids are enrolled in Catholic grade schools and will be attending W.Lafayette Central Catholic HS..I've personally met and talked with Jeff and Jennifer on 3 occassions now and nicer people you could not find. They are some of the most sincere, honest,and seemingly just "down to earth " common couple that make you feel great about them...

Dont doubt what you say is true one bit. Coach Brohms kids are enrolled in Catholic grade schools and will be attending W.Lafayette Central Catholic HS..I've personally met and talked with Jeff and Jennifer on 3 occassions now and nicer people you could not find. They are some of the most sincere, honest,and seemingly just "down to earth " common couple that make you feel great about them...

Yeah, Louisville doesnt hav any Catholic schools o_O

Your revenue sharing is off:

https://247sports.com/college/oklah...evenue-Distributions-per-conference-54717203/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT