ADVERTISEMENT

Guess it’s all Brohm now

You've simply quoted coaches who have returned "home". That's not proof of anything, and of course there are plenty of those examples.

What people are speculating is that a top shelf coach will make financial compromises to take a job he really wants, like Brohm to U of L. I simply asked for examples of where/when that's happened. Don't get upset...If you don't have them, that's fine...
Most of those examples would be when a coach turns down a more lucrative offer to stay where he is. Those are usually not made public. Your demand for dollar figures and terms is not reasonable. No one can know what was offered but never committed to paper.

$14 million for Petrino. $6 million for Jurich. $4 million for Brohm’s Purdue buyout. $4 million for Brohm’s first year coaching at UL. Another $4.5 million for his staff’s first year at UL.

Does the university of Louisville athletic department have $32.5 million dollars to spend in December of 2018? You want Jeff Brohm, that’s what you are going to have to pay. And yes, he probably would take a home town discount. Given his abilities, $4 million a year *is* the home town discount.

I am positive he is going to leave Purdue for a better job long before he retires or gets fired. But I am also positive that job isn’t going to be Louisville. Removing the alma mater angle, it would be at best a lateral move. I am positive his career ambitions are quite a bit higher than Louisville. If he leaves, he’s not going to go rebuild another lower tier P5 dumpster fire. It’s going to be an Auburn, USC, or Ohio State type job.
Purdue should be thankful Rutgers joined the Big Ten. What state is Purdue in? Most Big Ten students cannot answer that question correctly.

No, you haven't provided any examples and you know that. You saying "those coaches made financial compromises" don't make it so. And your fighting that battle merely confirms what I suspected--it hasn't happened with other good coaches.

But hey, maybe Brohm's the first. If he is, it only means there's something even better about the guy than I'm giving him credit for. Let's hope that happens...
You asked for names that fit that criteria and I provided names. I am not willing to do the legwork to prove this because with you, it’s a fool’s errand. There’s no “proving” anything with you - you’ll simply move the goalposts as you always do when you’re on the losing end of the facts - and come up with some nonsensical word salad as a rationalization for why that wasn’t really the “data point” you were after - lol.

Nice try though.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
$14 million for Petrino. $6 million for Jurich. $4 million for Brohm’s Purdue buyout. $4 million for Brohm’s first year coaching at UL. Another $4.5 million for his staff’s first year at UL.

Does the university of Louisville athletic department have $32.5 million dollars to spend in December of 2018? You want Jeff Brohm, that’s what you are going to have to pay. And yes, he probably would take a home town discount. Given his abilities, $4 million a year *is* the home town discount.

I am positive he is going to leave Purdue for a better job long before he retires or gets fired. But I am also positive that job isn’t going to be Louisville. Removing the alma mater angle, it would be at best a lateral move. I am positive his career ambitions are quite a bit higher than Louisville. If he leaves, he’s not going to go rebuild another lower tier P5 dumpster fire. It’s going to be an Auburn, USC, or Ohio State type job.
Yeah - Brohm’s not coming to UofL. That’s why you made the effort to come on a Louisville board to type all of those purdoo talking points. Because if he did leave the boils for a “lower tier dumpster fire” like UofL - instead of ohio state - it would really emphasize just exactly where purdoo ranks in CFB.

Oh btw - Louisville will never get invited to join the ACC either. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jmac1029
Yeah - Brohm’s not coming to UofL. That’s why you made the effort to come on a Louisville board to type all of those purdoo talking points. Because if he did leave the boils for a “lower tier dumpster fire” like UofL - instead of ohio state - it would really emphasize just exactly where purdoo ranks in CFB.

Oh btw - Louisville will never get invited to join the ACC either. :rolleyes:
If he does leave Purdue for Louisville, then god bless, because proximity to home was literally the only factor.

I don't think Jeff Brohm is going to end up coaching Louisville in 2019 for the same reason i don't think Urban Meyer ever wanted to coach at Cincinnati, or Nick Saban ever wanted to coach at Kent State, despite going there.

And again, where are these tens of millions of dollars supposed to be coming from? Wasn't your biggest donor forced to dissociate from the university for being a racist drunk embarrassment?

If he does leave Purdue for Louisville, then god bless, because proximity to home was literally the only factor.

I don't think Jeff Brohm is going to end up coaching Louisville in 2019 for the same reason i don't think Urban Meyer ever wanted to coach at Cincinnati, or Nick Saban ever wanted to coach at Kent State, despite going there.

And again, where are these tens of millions of dollars supposed to be coming from? Wasn't your biggest donor forced to dissociate from the university for being a racist drunk embarrassment?
Lol - love that you’re already rationalizing as to the why JB would leave west laughfayette for Louisville. Also, the big problem with your comparisons is that purdoo is more analogous to cincinnati or kent state.

Schnatter wasn’t Louisville’s biggest donor by a long shot. That would be the Brown family - you know, the owners of all that Jack Daniels you’ll be crying into in a few months. :)

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Unless it’s a really whacky contract I don’t think their salaries have to be paid out in one month.
Section 8.2 of Petrino's contract calls for three years of salary to be paid to him as "liquidated damages". And it says that money has to be paid in "quarterly installments". That reads to me like the money has to be paid in four 25% installments within 12 months of termination...

Most of those examples would be when a coach turns down a more lucrative offer to stay where he is. Those are usually not made public. Your demand for dollar figures and terms is not reasonable. No one can know what was offered but never committed to paper.
Not sure why you wanna change the context...

A coach from School A doing very well at School B is offered the same job at School A. AND HE TAKES THAT JOB. Find me an example where he has made financial concessions in his new job at School A.

Unless School A is private, info for that new job should be available to the public...

You asked for names that fit that criteria and I provided names. I am not willing to do the legwork to prove this because with you, it’s a fool’s errand. There’s no “proving” anything with you - you’ll simply move the goalposts as you always do when you’re on the losing end of the facts - and come up with some nonsensical word salad as a rationalization for why that wasn’t really the “data point” you were after - lol.

Nice try though.
Attacking the messenger in the absence of data to support your POV always works well...

Attacking the messenger in the absence of data to support your POV always works well...
Ignoring facts and your own ability to access the evidence to prove said facts, is a convenient way to not lose a debate. Also, describing in detail your MO for these types of discussions isn’t attacking you, it’s simply telling the truth. If you think otherwise, perhaps it’s time to evaluate your approach.

Ignoring facts and your own ability to access the evidence to prove said facts, is a convenient way to not lose a debate. Also, describing in detail your MO for these types of discussions isn’t attacking you, it’s simply telling the truth. If you think otherwise, perhaps it’s time to evaluate your approach.
When you present facts to refute my point, I'll be glad to acknowledge them...

There isnt none zipp thats why they are getting mad bc no coach in there right mind will make financial concessions to take there "dream job". The only way they can afford to get brohm possibly is if they fire P with cause which the rumor is they are trying to do that. Also brohm is going to want to get paid and will at least want 5-6million a year to come here. Would we pay that who knows but since they wasnt thrilled about paying mack 4million not sure how they will ne excited in paying brohm 6million

Reactions: zipp
That’s the point - no you won’t. I’ve given you facts via specific names and instances in response to your very specific question in this instance. You respond by saying for you to consider these instances fact - I need the provide you with the financial details of the contract in each instance.

I don’t.

Even if I were to run this fool’s errand, there would be another one waiting for me when I got back. Again rather than engaging in an honest dialogue, you play games and try to wear people down with nonsense until they decide the conversation isn’t worth the effort and then you can claim “victory” - lol. It’s intellectual dishonesty but, it’s what you do.

The burden is on you to refute what I’ve said but here, I’ll give you this data point. Roy Williams got 130K more a year when he left Kansas for unc.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Purdue fans apparently have forgetten a few things that I’ll happily remind them of at this time:

1- Purdue sucks and always has
2-Purdue is located in the armpit of an armpit state
3-Purdue is now just 4-3 in the season. Not exactly proof you’ve turned the corner. Does that loss to Northern Central Illinois or whoever the hell it was not count?
4-Louisville football has been coached by Howard Schnellenberger, Petrino in his prime, and Charlie Strong. There is literally zero chance Brohm doesn’t coach here at some point.
5-You guys suck

Purdue fans apparently have forgetten a few things that I’ll happily remind them of at this time:

3-Purdue is now just 4-3 in the season. Not exactly proof you’ve turned the corner. Does that loss to Northern Central Illinois or whoever the hell it was not count?
4-Louisville football has been coached by Howard Schnellenberger, Petrino in his prime, and Charlie Strong. There is literally zero chance Brohm doesn’t coach here at some point.
5-You guys suck

Damn.

Add me to the list, also. Jeff has always wanted to be Louisville's head coach.

It won't be easy-just because he played here you think its a lock. They will pay him, has a close connection to the new Purdue AD, and Purdue is a better job in a better conference. He's also getting top players out of Kentucky now, you guys will ultimately need 26 Million if his contract doesn't go up at the end of the year.

It won't be easy-just because he played here you think its a lock. They will pay him, has a close connection to the new Purdue AD, and Purdue is a better job in a better conference. He's also getting top players out of Kentucky now, you guys will ultimately need 26 Million if his contract doesn't go up at the end of the year.

Let’s see where that number is st the end of this week. Sometimes things change....

Reactions: BPGhost

The only factor ?

While your crummy program was going 9-36 before Brohm turned it around Louisville went to 4 straight bowl games and produced a Heisman winner .

Finished tied for first in the Atlantic, ranked as high as # 5.
1 win away from a BcS bowl.

Who cares what the racist drunk did. Has absolutely nothing to do with Brohm leaving your bottom feeding bitch ass program.

He got into coaching to ONE DAY BE HEAD COACH AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE.
AND THAT TIME IS NOW :mad:

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CLOWNS CRY OR INSULT UofL, he is leaving before the ink is dry on Petrino's termination letter.

Now get lost and send the next boiler loser over here to get some.

Boiler down...........

That’s the point - no you won’t. I’ve given you facts via specific names and instances in response to your very specific question in this instance. You respond by saying for you to consider these instances fact - I need the provide you with the financial details of the contract in each instance.

I don’t.

Even if I were to run this fool’s errand, there would be another one waiting for me when I got back. Again rather than engaging in an honest dialogue, you play games and try to wear people down with nonsense until they decide the conversation isn’t worth the effort and then you can claim “victory” - lol. It’s intellectual dishonesty but, it’s what you do.

The burden is on you to refute what I’ve said but here, I’ll give you this data point. Roy Williams got 130K more a year when he left Kansas for unc.
You've omitted the part of a "fact" that you can't deliver on, the most important part actually. And you've done it while arguing that I'm the problem. That's deflecting from the debate, and that's losing the debate.

My prediction is Brohm will not take this job while making financial concessions as some delusional fans are hoping to make it happen. That's not because I know Brohm, it's because I have a reasonable grasp of history in this situation. Never happens, but I guess there's a sl. chance Brohm's the first. You can cling to that hope if you want...

Heres some number crunching : Current Brohm contract :29M thru 2024 , Buy out currently 6.1M Current Salary for 2018 3.9M + 1.1M in goal incentives.......Presuming you want entire Brohm coaching family + DC, current staff payroll 2018 = 3.9M + 300K goal incentives Buy outs worth 1.9M Staff increases in 2019 slated at the moment for 650K ..........Also just completed 65M state of art football complex in which Brohm's had major input in final year of completion...Now starting in adding what it will take to pay off your current coach and staff,,,then ADD some pretty stiff RAISE as incentive to hire Brohm and all staff away....then PU more than matches that offer..then it will be your turn again to counter perhaps...then include a top 20 class coming in for 2019 ...this will be the hill that needs to be climbed..and now at PU with a AD,BOT and Pres that are on board for B1G TEN spending levels....just some "reality" things to keep in mind..

You've omitted the part of a "fact" that you can't deliver on, the most important part actually. And you've done it while arguing that I'm the problem. That's deflecting from the debate, and that's losing the debate.

My prediction is Brohm will not take this job while making financial concessions as some delusional fans are hoping to make it happen. That's not because I know Brohm, it's because I have a reasonable grasp of history in this situation. Never happens, but I guess there's a sl. chance Brohm's the first. You can cling to that hope if you want...
Whereas you can cling to the hope that you'll be right, at the expense of the university moving forward. BTW - I "delivered" on that part of the fact that you were interested in with regards to Roy Williams. I see that garnered no response from you - most likely as you are simply cooking up your next deflection and it wasn't quite ready yet.

I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked - lol.

Heres some number crunching : Current Brohm contract :29M thru 2024 , Buy out currently 6.1M Current Salary for 2018 3.9M + 1.1M in goal incentives.......Presuming you want entire Brohm coaching family + DC, current staff payroll 2018 = 3.9M + 300K goal incentives Buy outs worth 1.9M Staff increases in 2019 slated at the moment for 650K ..........Also just completed 65M state of art football complex in which Brohm's had major input in final year of completion...Now starting in adding what it will take to pay off your current coach and staff,,,then ADD some pretty stiff RAISE as incentive to hire Brohm and all staff away....then PU more than matches that offer..then it will be your turn again to counter perhaps...then include a top 20 class coming in for 2019 ...this will be the hill that needs to be climbed..and now at PU with a AD,BOT and Pres that are on board for B1G TEN spending levels....just some "reality" things to keep in mind..
When you get done with all that rationalization, you still know that Brohm is leaving you. Maybe he won't come to UofL - though I think based upon what he's said, his family has said and the way that he's positioned himself, all indications are that he would like to come home and coach his alma mater. If JB did not have all of the family, playing and coaching connections to UofL and the city of Louisville, I would not be here saying that UofL would have a great shot at hiring him.

Nevertheless, there's no question that he will be leaving purdoo for somewhere else. Why would he stay at a bottom feeder?

I feel like there's still a big portion of our fanbase that still are on the "John Ramsey" train. They are still holding out hope for the Jurich days to return and use his talking points to defend his people and him.

One thing we know forsure, if Tom was still here, he would be riding with Bobby until the end. Would try to spin and debate people in media and message boards that didn't agree that things were just fine. Just like he defended Steve to the end.

Jurich is gone and he ain't coming back. Tom was our best AD ever and deserves a statue. Tyra is our guy now and we need to ride with him. Brohm may be our only chance to make that next climb into the place Howard promised us, lets go do it!

When you get done with all that rationalization, you still know that Brohm is leaving you. Maybe he won't come to UofL - though I think based upon what he's said, his family has said and the way that he's positioned himself, all indications are that he would like to come home and coach his alma mater. If JB did not have all of the family, playing and coaching connections to UofL and the city of Louisville, I would not be here saying that UofL would have a great shot at hiring him.

Nevertheless, there's no question that he will be leaving purdoo for somewhere else. Why would he stay at a bottom feeder?

You’ve stated the “for” ... here is the against:

1. Louisville is a dumpster fire of lawsuits, buyouts. 7 mill to the AD, 14 to petrino, pitino suing for 39
2. Your never ending money pot that helped you rise to prominence? He’s gone. Disgraced racist.
3. We are in the big ten with big ten money and palatial facilities. Big ten bottom feeders like Indiana are pistol whipping you in recruiting
4. He’s leaving the 2020 heisman winner behind? Ok.
5. He just beat the second ranked team in the nation and he recruits Kentucky like he’s at Louisville anyway lol.

You guys sound like drunk Nebraska fans

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
Is that supposed to be a rebuttal of purdoo’s better “pedigree” than Louisville’s?

Lol - stopped reading after the first two comparisons - H2H and all time win percentage - both in Louisville’s favor.
Purdue played in a real football conference that whole time, and also wasn’t/isn’t a Kentucky community college

5-You guys suck
Lmao at people from Kentucky calling Indiana an armpit state. Our school has put people on the moon, your school has a basketball arena named after a fast food chain

Also, lol at thinking Louisville has any athletic pedigree whatsoever. And this isn’t even to say Purdue has much either. You all tried to lie, cheat, and steal your way into national relevance and are currently getting bent over a barrel by the FBI for it. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving fan base

You’ve stated the “for” ... here is the against:

1. Louisville is a dumpster fire of lawsuits, buyouts. 7 mill to the AD, 14 to petrino, pitino suing for 39
2. Your never ending money pot that helped you rise to prominence? He’s gone. Disgraced racist.
3. We are in the big ten with big ten money and palatial facilities. Big ten bottom feeders like Indiana are pistol whipping you in recruiting
4. He’s leaving the 2020 heisman winner behind? Ok.
5. He just beat the second ranked team in the nation and he recruits Kentucky like he’s at Louisville anyway lol.

You guys sound like drunk Nebraska fans
1. Looking more and more like Petrino is going to get the same amount that Pitino is - $0.
2. You clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. The Brown family (Brown-Forman) has always been the university's biggest donor - we'll be just fine without schnatter and, glad that he's gone.
3. Again - you are in the big 10 like kentucky is in the sec - which is to say that you're bottom feeding welfare queens.
4. It seems entirely reasonable that JB likes Moore more than his family - of course he would turn down better jobs just to call plays for him. :rolleyes:
5. Not worried about him recruiting kentucky - though if he's here, he'll definitely recruit better than if he's at purdoo - to say differently is just silly.

What's dumber than a drunk nebraska fan - a sober purdoo fan.

Last edited:
1. Looking more and more like Petrino is going to get the same amount that Pitino is - $0.
2. You clearly don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. The Brown family (Brown-Forman) has always been the university's biggest donor - we'll be just fine with schnatter and, glad that he's gone.
3. Again - you are in the big 10 like kentucky is in the sec - which is to say that you're bottom feeding welfare queens.
4. It seems entirely reasonable that JB like Moore more than his family - of course he would turn down better jobs just to call plays for him. :rolleyes:
5. Not worried about him recruiting kentucky - though if he's here, he'll definitely recruit better than if he's at purdoo - to say differently is just silly.

What's dumber than a drunk nebraska fan - a sober purdoo fan.

It cracks me up that all these outsiders think Papa John bankrolls the whole athletic program. Yes, he was a major donor but there are a lot of other major donors. In hindsight he got a helluva deal on the stadium naming rights.

Reactions: BPGhost
Whereas you can cling to the hope that you'll be right, at the expense of the university moving forward. BTW - I "delivered" on that part of the fact that you were interested in with regards to Roy Williams. I see that garnered no response from you - most likely as you are simply cooking up your next deflection and it wasn't quite ready yet.

I'm shocked I tell you, just shocked - lol.
LOL...now let's try to change the debate to whether you think I wanna be "right at the expense of the university". I need to put my fan card in a lanyard so that you guys can see it everyday. Maybe I'll run into you again at the women's basketball luncheon on Friday.

Oh, and your Roy Williams example supported MY argument... No coach in good standing takes his next job for LESS money. I didn't need your info, but thanks...

LOL...now let's try to change the debate to whether you think I wanna be "right at the expense of the university". I need to put my fan card in a lanyard so that you guys can see it everyday. Maybe I'll run into you again at the women's basketball luncheon on Friday.

Oh, and your Roy Williams example supported MY argument... No coach in good standing takes his next job for LESS money. I didn't need your info, but thanks...
Lol - perfect example of what I’m talking about. Anyone who took one penny more - which is about what the $130K equates to that Roy Williams took - and you act like that proves your point!

I say again - you’re nothing if not amusing.

Lol - perfect example of what I’m talking about. Anyone who took one penny more - which is about what the $130K equates to that Roy Williams took - and you act like that proves your point!

I say again - you’re nothing if not amusing.
You may need to check your facts... According to this source (LINK), Williams total compensation DOUBLED when he took the UNC job. And that was after turning down his alma mater three years earlier.

Let's hope Brohm doesn't read this... ;)

You may need to check your facts... According to this source (LINK), Williams total compensation DOUBLED when he took the UNC job. And that was after turning down his alma mater three years earlier.

Let's hope Brohm doesn't read this... ;)
Yes - doubled by $130K

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT