ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Marshall...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I'm of the belief as most Cards fans are that as of now we are "all-in" on Chris Mack. However, if Tyra has a rabbit he's going to pull out of his hat (Gregg Marshall) then we should know in the next 24-72 hours with Wichita State losing to Marshall.

Again, I think all our eggs are in the Chris Mack basket, but you never know. Should be interesting.

Even if it was Marshall, it isn’t, but nothing on our end will be announced until the season is over. They aren’t gonna do that to David or these players

Reactions: Cue Card
Even if it was Marshall, it isn’t, but nothing on our end will be announced until the season is over. They aren’t gonna do that to David or these players
Maybe you’re correct, but plenty of football coaches end up watching their future team at bowl games every year. What makes b-ball any different. Plus, I thought Tyra said playing in the NIT would not interfere with the coaching search/hire?

Maybe you’re correct, but plenty of football coaches end up watching their future team at bowl games every year. What makes b-ball any different. Plus, I thought Tyra said playing in the NIT would not interfere with the coaching search/hire?
That's true, plus Middle Tennessee lost their coach during the NIT, and that's who UofL plays next. Makes you wonder.

Tyra said in his last press conference that he hasnt talked to David and doesnt plan to until the season is over. No one wants Marshall. He’s a lunatic. He trash talked about the ‘13 championship saying them and Michigan should play. Pathetic

I never said that many wanted him here but I’ve seen him on many lists to be considered by many of the national press concerning our opening. He’s not my top guy and he may not be the greatest guy, but the SOB wins and we could do worse IMO.

Well...Marshall certainly has made Witchita State a basketball name.
And you would get his wife, who as a fan of her husband's team is like a blonde version of Ashley Judd.....
Times ten in screaming, accusations of profanity and allegations of intoxication.

He's a good coach. Never has been a recruiter on Big 10, ACC or Big East level.

Then again, neither has Mack.

Disagree on Mack. 28-5 and 16-3 in Big East this year. If he didn't recruit those kids, who did? The opportunity to get a great Jesuit education can only account for so much.

As for the ACC and Big Tin, both conferences are top heavy with several lacking the ability to get top recruits.

Well...Marshall certainly has made Witchita State a basketball name.
And you would get his wife, who as a fan of her husband's team is like a blonde version of Ashley Judd.....
Times ten in screaming, accusations of profanity and allegations of intoxication.

He's a good coach. Never has been a recruiter on Big 10, ACC or Big East level.

Then again, neither has Mack.
That wacko Ashley Judd has worn out her welcome even among UK fans.

I never heard Marshal himself drinks heavy.
Guy has done a fine job at Witchita State. Dunno if he's tailored for the high intensity jobs.
I think Wichita State is a pretty “high intensity” job. They have invested heavily in their facilities and pay Marshall a ton (I believe over $3.0 million a year).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT