ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Last week's first half against Pitt told a lot about this team. I guess we'll find out if this team has any heart at all in the 2nd half.

Without Kelsey, they are going to try to run in down our throats. And it's working right now.
That's exactly what they should do. They have the lead so they should look to kill as much clock as possible. Losing Kelsey along with the suspensions of Young and Hearns and all of a sudden the defense is thin.

Penalties, interceptions and them getting all the breaks made this a really hard game to watch.

I know a bowl game is great for extending the season and getting all those extra practices but we better be glad we see someone like Old Dominion because we're making UK look like a decent team. Indiana would put up 50 on us. So would Miss State or anybody in the Pac 12. This season is just a complete bust. Plain and simple. Hell, we only have 5 wins against FBS teams. We really don't deserve a bowl game and if there wasn't so many, we probably wouldn't play in one.

I'm a homer and I'll always be a homer but this game looked to be lost after that 3rd INT, 2 either in the red zone or close to it.

As bad as that first half was, the Cardinals can cut the score to 10 with the first possession of the 2nd half, and it is UofK. They usually find a way to lose.

Reactions: Red Rager
You know when your team is bad when one unit does their job and the other gives it right back. Time and time again the defense holds the offense can't do anything. The offense scores and the defense can't get off the field. The defense gets a turnover the offense does nothing. The offense gives up a turnover defense can't stop them. The inconsisency with both units is troubling.

One of the worst halves of football from any team on any level anywhere. But "we're young" so there's that

Neither of these teams are solid but UofL is doing its best to make UofK look a lot better than they really are. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Wow!

For once, our O line isn't getting the heat, it's the stupidity to not run against the horrible run defense. Oh well.

Our first possession to start the 2nd half will tell us if we have chance to win or not.

Unbelievable how bad the decision making has been today. I still don't understand why we're not even trying to run.

I wish we would run it on 1st down instead of trying a 50 yard pass because our chances of a completion are slim.

I ask again. Why no jet sweeps? Why no misdirection? It's the 12th game of the season and we still are predictable on offense. It just boggles the mind how bad the offense looks. At this point I would rather see 75 percent running plays. It's raining and we've thrown 3 INTs.

That left tackle for UK has been holding all game long. They just called one on him finally, but it's been going on all game.

All the holds aside, UL has largely beat themselves in this one so far, regardless of the holds.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Wiggins and Clemons are on the edge of getting unsportsmanlike penalties called against us.

LOL at the announcer. Almost a gift? This whole game has been one huge Christmas gift with a big blue bowtie on top for UofK. Hopefully the Cards decide to wake the hell up and take it back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT