ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: UofL 41, BC 39 FINAL

Welp...were gonna keep it on the ground and run the clock now. It’s going to come down to a FG attempt.

Nice job Blanton. Now need to boom one into the end zone, then hold on for dear life.

Zipp - our hire just out coached a pretty decent one himself. Already out totaled last seasons win in an exciting game that’ll certainly put more fans in the seats. How ya feeling? It’ll be ok buddy.

Zipp - our hire just out coached a pretty decent one himself. Already out totaled last seasons win in an exciting game that’ll certainly put more fans in the seats. How ya feeling? It’ll be ok buddy.
Just got home from the game... Always a hoot looking at FIVE pages of important commentary from people NOT at the game.

And not that I read five pages--I did not. So a remark like this may have been made by someone keeping some perspective...

We just barely beat a team we were barely supposed to beat. What many people here were hoping is that we were being under-rated nationally. That result tells me that we are NOT being under-rated. We are who we are, which is the underdog in pretty much every game the rest of the season. In fact, I like my prediction of four wins this year even more after watching this game in person.

And it was a good game to see in person, a real nail biter for all ten thousand of us in attendance on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. A couple of you guys should have left home and come on out...

Those of you that couldn't make the game, I'm glad to see a good time long thread going on the game. Improvement with first year new coaching doesn't always happen. But we pulled out a W today. Nothing is going to bring me down.

Reactions: Deeva
Those of you that couldn't make the game, I'm glad to see a good time long thread going on the game. Improvement with first year new coaching doesn't always happen. But we pulled out a W today. Nothing is going to bring me down.
Hated to miss the game. The wife went with both tickets and gave mine to someone needing 1. It was a good game thread. A good, nail biting time was had by all.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
When you’re building something or rebuilding, nail biters are the norm. It’s what you play for. It’s what makes it exciting. You can see it on the sideline and field. These guys want it. And that’s really in itself a leap up from last year.

Should enjoy these wins, especially with three ranked opponents the next round of games.
Not sure if you guys recall the mid to late 80’s and going into the 90’s, but we’d play a top 25’er just about every other game. That’s how you build. I’m ready for top teams. They only make you better. You never know what can be until you take on the best. And grow from it. Lesgooo!

It was a great day for football. Sorry to bring it down a notch, but this was the first home game since my dad died. He was a passionate Louisville football fan. He loved all things UofL, but football was his jam. He was also bagdaddy on TOS if you ever ventured over there. Anyway, when he died my mom was adamant about placing him in Cave Hill. When we met with Cave Hill, I joked “we want him right beside Ali.” Everyone laughed, but my mom thought getting as close as we can to him, dad would have enjoyed that. So, we did. Today, the first home game since he passed, in Ali tribute uniforms, we get a huge conference win. Go Cards!

Just got home from the game... Always a hoot looking at FIVE pages of important commentary from people NOT at the game.

And not that I read five pages--I did not. So a remark like this may have been made by someone keeping some perspective...

We just barely beat a team we were barely supposed to beat. What many people here were hoping is that we were being under-rated nationally. That result tells me that we are NOT being under-rated. We are who we are, which is the underdog in pretty much every game the rest of the season. In fact, I like my prediction of four wins this year even more after watching this game in person.

And it was a good game to see in person, a real nail biter for all ten thousand of us in attendance on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. A couple of you guys should have left home and come on out...

Stop confusing your hopes for any sort of predictions. Watching the rest of the league, there is not one opponent besides Clemson they we could not realistically beat. Nothing about today's game showed that we cant' compete with the rest of the schdedule.

Reactions: Slam2121
It was a great day for football. Sorry to bring it down a notch, but this was the first home game since my dad died. He was a passionate Louisville football fan. He loved all things UofL, but football was his jam. He was also bagdaddy on TOS if you ever ventured over there. Anyway, when he died my mom was adamant about placing him in Cave Hill. When we met with Cave Hill, I joked “we want him right beside Ali.” Everyone laughed, but my mom thought getting as close as we can to him, dad would have enjoyed that. So, we did. Today, the first home game since he passed, in Ali tribute uniforms, we get a huge conference win. Go Cards!

Thx for sharing. Condolences.

Reactions: CardX
Great story, Cardex. May your dad RIP

Reactions: CardX
Stop confusing your hopes for any sort of predictions. Watching the rest of the league, there is not one opponent besides Clemson they we could not realistically beat...
Or stop on defense. BTW which of the good people in attendance today were you? I could see and identify everyone...

ecstasy.jpg

BTW if you like Satterfield and wanna retain him, the kinda fan apathy exemplified by today's attendance is exactly what will cause him to look elsewhere. Just sayin'...

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT