ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: UofL 41, BC 39 FINAL

The place looked packed when I was watching the game today zipp. That pic was either very late or very early before the game. Not sure and frankly I don't care.

The place looked packed when I was watching the game today zipp. That pic was either very late or very early before the game. Not sure and frankly I don't care.
No Cue. That pic was true because I have one too

it was a pathetic crowd. Pathetic.

I’ve argued for our “fans” for years, but today It is blatantly obvious why we lose players and coaches to “bigger” schools.

And will continue to as long as long as art fairs trump beautiful football Saturday’s.

Reactions: gocds
The photo was taken with the two teams meeting at midfield postgame. I have a similar one when the teams were coming onto the field. It looked the same if you want me to post it.

BTW the seat color project is moving right along. It looks like every time we bank a couple hundred dollars, we go out and paint another one... :p

Like I posted earlier I watch a lot of college football and I’ve seen games with Florida, LSU, Ole Miss and other schools this year with less than half a stadium in attendance. Someone else posted that the student body is on fall break so a lot of students went home. This weekend is the St. James Art Fair. Which by the way is rated as one of the best art fairs in the country.

Also take into consideration that BC is not considered a big opponent this year. Which is unfortunate for the fans who missed the game because I thought it was very entertaining game. If we have poor attendance for the Clemson game then I would be concerned.

Reactions: Mayoman
When you look at that photo on the previous page, bear in mind that the game's outcome basically came down to the last play on a beautiful afternoon.

I don't care a lot about attendance except when a clown sitting at home calls me out on a message board while I'm at the game.

And if like some you're a big fan of Satterfield, he doesn't really care about the St. James Art Fair or your annual fishing trip...

Like I posted earlier I watch a lot of college football and I’ve seen games with Florida, LSU, Ole Miss and other schools this year with less than half a stadium in attendance. Someone else posted that the student body is on fall break so a lot of students went home. This weekend is the St. James Art Fair. Which by the way is rated as one of the best art fairs in the country.

Also take into consideration that BC is not considered a big opponent this year. Which is unfortunate for the fans who missed the game because I thought it was very entertaining game. If we have poor attendance for the Clemson game then I would be concerned.

It looked the same when the jack ass thiet was here.
Last year was even worse.

Everyone, except one particular person knows, that attendance is down at all sports, college and pro.

Also people actually at the game are on the party deck or on the concourse while the game is going on.

The real bizarre fans are the ones leaving with 5 minutes to go with the game on the line. Those fans are garbage fans.

Or stop on defense. BTW which of the good people in attendance today were you? I could see and identify everyone...

ecstasy.jpg

Like I said before you jumped to attendance, your prediction is more about hoping for failure rather than any sort of realistic beliefs

I love how the picture someone posted on here was postgame and this was somehow supposed to be evidence of the actual crowd at the end of the game. The actual tape tells a different story. Was it packed? No, but can’t expect a lot from our fan base until the program gets back on track, we took a nasty dive the last couple of years.

Last edited:
It’s obvious to anyone that was at the game that attendance was not “up to par” today. But, not to make excuses, there was major competition for attendance today. The St. James Art Fair draws literally thousands and many of those would have been at the game today. All in all, 46K ain’t all that bad and they were into the game.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

No, but can’t expect a lot from our fan base until the program gets back on track, we took a nasty dive the last couple of years.
One thing that you can expect, count on, set your watch to and put up there right next to death and taxes as certainties, is that specific “fans” will always see only the negative in every situation.

Which as we all know, says precious little about the program, and everything about them.

One thing that you can expect, count on, set your watch to and put up there right next to death and taxes as certainties, is that specific “fans” will always see only the negative in every situation.

For reals. And after a 2-10 humiliating season, what fans around here really need right now is a good humbling.

o_O

As soon as we stopped them on their last drive, the place filed out fast. By the time the teams met at midfield, a lot of the crowd was gone. It was low attendance but the pic makes it look much worse than it really was. Share a pic from the last drive for an accurate shot.

No Cue. That pic was true because I have one too

it was a pathetic crowd. Pathetic.

I’ve argued for our “fans” for years, but today It is blatantly obvious why we lose players and coaches to “bigger” schools.

And will continue to as long as long as art fairs trump beautiful football Saturday’s.
OK. Still it looked a lot better on TV, but that's OK. All we are really seeing here are the effects of the last coaching staff and how they quit on the city and the program. It's going to take some time to get people back out. JMO.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
We won the game! Winning cures all ills, except for Zipp maybe.

I’ve enjoyed the game and still keep enjoying the win! Hopefully one guy doesn’t dictate every thread here. The game thread was very fun to be apart of.

Still can’t believe how well we performed as a team yesterday. WF will not be overlooking us. Let’s work!!!

Reactions: Art79
BC put the team under tremendous game pressure and it would have been easy for them to roll over and quit. But they kept playing hard and scratched out a tough win. Kudos to the players and coaching staff.

That was a must win if we have any outside shot at a bowl [Detroit most likely]. Glad we won cause the next 3 will most likely be Ls.

That was a must win if we have any outside shot at a bowl [Detroit most likely]. Glad we won cause the next 3 will most likely be Ls.

Nah, we take at least one of the next three. I would like to believe we will have 3 healthy QBs. And the D with Coach Brown will be plugging up some of those holes.

As soon as we stopped them on their last drive, the place filed out fast. By the time the teams met at midfield, a lot of the crowd was gone. It was low attendance but the pic makes it look much worse than it really was. Share a pic from the last drive for an accurate shot.
I checked the game replay. Exactly one minute elapsed between the end of their last drive and the end of the game. That was a pretty quick exit for 20-30 thousand people.

The excuses some people come up with for our current state of affairs is comical...

Last edited:
I checked the game replay. Exactly one minute elapsed between the end of their last drive and the end of the game. That was a pretty quick exit for 20-30 thousand people.

The excuses some people come up with for our current state of affairs is comical...

Zipp, you will not turn every thread you WANT into a pi$$ing match. Don't play the victim card, because you bring all of it on yourself.

Zipp, you will not turn every thread you WANT into a pi$$ing match. Don't play the victim card, because you bring all of it on yourself.

His middle is Hi.
Last name Jack.
But we enjoy smacking him around as we prove him wrong time after time.

Most of us dont have him on ignore, so you dont have to do to much to him. His outlandish and often wrong post are laughter for the soul.

His middle is Hi.
Last name Jack.
But we enjoy smacking him around as we prove him wrong time after time.

Most of us dont have him on ignore, so you dont have to do to much to him. His outlandish and often wrong post are laughter for the soul.
Simply focus on Wake. Scouting reports are already in the players hands. Time to get ready and prep!

You mean like the “adult” in post 183?? Selective deletion and discipline, gotta love it.

Do your job, and you won’t have any problems with me...

oh quit your crying. Had the poster not brought you into it you would have slithered your way in here anyways. Phcard, and the other moderators for that matter, do a fine job at moderating this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT