ADVERTISEMENT

Game by game prediction.

• Entire OL back
  • Slovis at QB from USC
  • OC was not offered an extension, New OC has been at Pitt twice before
  • 5 stud RBs
  • Deep WR group
  • And yes the D
It is going to be a really good game. Good luck up our game!
Ohhh so the OC that had produced the highest ranked offense Pitt has ever fielded? Also Slovis has the potential to be good, although he has been in a decline since after his freshman season and has been injury and turnover prone. Deep WR group.. they only return 1 of their top 4 WR/TE production wise from last season. I guess you must know something I don’t about the WR room. Yes we know the Defense will be good. Also who are these 5 stud RBs 😂

Syracuse - W
UCF - W
FSU - W
USF - W
BC - W
UVA - W
Pitt - W
Wake - W
JMU - W
Clemson - L
NC State - L
Kentucky - L
That would be a great year but also heartbreaking lmao. Going into the Clemson game with Clemson and us both top 10-15. Then losing 3 straight and hoping to still be ranked in the 20s. Would be a great season nonetheless and something that I think could happen.

That would be a great year but also heartbreaking lmao. Going into the Clemson game with Clemson and us both top 10-15. Then losing 3 straight and hoping to still be ranked in the 20s. Would be a great season nonetheless and something that I think could happen.
Agreed. I just couldn't concede losing to FSU with their program kind of a mess, Pitt with all that they lost from last year, UVA with a totally new coach, Wake with Hartman's health being a question, BCs always tough but is a program we should be able to handle with relative ease and then UCF on the road is just the level of game we absolutely have to win this year. So by the time I got to those last 3 games I was like - well, they ain't going undefeated so I decided those 3 are far and away their toughest tests and it sucks they're all in a row. I do think this is the year we're competitive with UK. I dunno, it could just be my blind hatred for their football program but I just think they're being DRASTICALLY overrated and it seems people are only talking about what they did last year and not talking about they return fewer starters than anyone in the SEC and that they aren't Bama - they aren't reloading.

• Haha
Reactions: katwest
Agreed. I just couldn't concede losing to FSU with their program kind of a mess, Pitt with all that they lost from last year, UVA with a totally new coach, Wake with Hartman's health being a question, BCs always tough but is a program we should be able to handle with relative ease and then UCF on the road is just the level of game we absolutely have to win this year. So by the time I got to those last 3 games I was like - well, they ain't going undefeated so I decided those 3 are far and away their toughest tests and it sucks they're all in a row. I do think this is the year we're competitive with UK. I dunno, it could just be my blind hatred for their football program but I just think they're being DRASTICALLY overrated and it seems people are only talking about what they did last year and not talking about they return fewer starters than anyone in the SEC and that they aren't Bama - they aren't reloading.
Yeah Kentucky lost a big piece of their Oline. Also Levi’s is wildly overrated considering the fact that almost half of his numbers came against 3 non P5 opponents. I wish I could find air yards per attemt. Kentucky was dumping it down to Wandale and letting him rack up YAC because he was special.

Yeah Kentucky lost a big piece of their Oline. Also Levi’s is wildly overrated considering the fact that almost half of his numbers came against 3 non P5 opponents. I wish I could find air yards per attemt. Kentucky was dumping it down to Wandale and letting him rack up YAC because he was special.
I looked for the better part of a work day a few weeks ago to find Wandale's YAC numbers or Levis' air yards numbers and couldn't find it anywhere. Air yards I get a little but I thought for sure I could at least find YAC yards.

If you want to see what Levis' numbers would look like if defenses kept Wandale's YAC in check? Go look at Wandale's stats in the Georgia game....TWELVE catches for 39 yards. I mean those are rushing stats.

Here's what I came up with earlier in the Summer.

- Replaces 2 elite starters on the Oline.
- He loses his top 3 pass catchers
- Completed 233 passes last year. 176 of those receptions are no longer on the roster. (76%)
- 37% of his total passing yards came against mid-majors.
- 42% of his touchdowns came against mid-majors

The nitpicker in me points out that with Kentucky--as with Pitt, as with NC State and as with Clemson--has significantly greater horses in their depth chart in the front seven than we do. It's the single greatest and most glaring gap between us and those four programs. It isn't unrealistic to say they have someone from among their second string in those units that will play Pro Football. There really isn't any way we can honestly say that. It could also be said those four have recruited into a scheme a prototype for their scheme whereas we still aren't really sure what our scheme is in Year Four. Each of those four have a head man and ostensibly a scheme from within going on a decade together. Beyond that with Kentucky, they really have stockpiled talent on their offensive line as well as RB. In the entirety of my time living in Lexington in the 90's I don't ever remember a quality offensive lineman coming out of the prep ranks over there. Now they seem to have two or three every year and are just as likely to land at Clemson and Alabama. That's a heck of a bullet to have chambered.

The clearest way that I can say we go 2-2 against that particular group is if we have a plus turnover margin like we had in Year One of Petrino 2.0 with Holliman setting records.

Ohhh so the OC that had produced the highest ranked offense Pitt has ever fielded? Also Slovis has the potential to be good, although he has been in a decline since after his freshman season and has been injury and turnover prone. Deep WR group.. they only return 1 of their top 4 WR/TE production wise from last season. I guess you must know something I don’t about the WR room. Yes we know the Defense will be good. Also who are these 5 stud RBs 😂
We picked up a RB from ND and 2 WRs ( 1 a freshman AA). Here is our 5 deep at RB

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
We picked up a RB from ND and 2 WRs ( 1 a freshman AA). Here is our 5 deep at RB

That RB from ND that had 10 yards total last season? And in 4 seasons he has less than 500 yards? Also you guys have a few guys can tot the rock but I don’t think any of them are studs. When I think of studs I think guys like Sean Tucker. They are all capable of playing and contributing for sure. Means had 400 yards at LT which isn’t necessarily impressive tbh. The kid out of Akron is pretty good but your two transfers you brought in won’t combine for the numbers Addison had alone last season. You guys are a good team but you will end up with 7-8 wins

That RB from ND that had 10 yards total last season? And in 4 seasons he has less than 500 yards? Also you guys have a few guys can tot the rock but I don’t think any of them are studs. When I think of studs I think guys like Sean Tucker. They are all capable of playing and contributing for sure. Means had 400 yards at LT which isn’t necessarily impressive tbh. The kid out of Akron is pretty good but your two transfers you brought in won’t combine for the numbers Addison had alone last season. You guys are a good team but you will end up with 7-8 wins
Tune into the Backyard Brawl and see for yourself. We play Tenn I week 2 so by the 3rd game we will know what kind of a team we have.

Tune into the Backyard Brawl and see for yourself. We play Tenn I week 2 so by the 3rd game we will know what kind of a team we have.
Yes super excited to watch the backyard brawl. Should be a good game. I got you guys winning a close one. Don’t think you cover the -7 spread though. Tenn is going to be a problem for you guys.

Pitt fans need to remember how fickle this game is and unless you're Alabama or Ohio State, you just don't miss a beat after losing the two offensive All-Americans. Without Pickett and Addison, the Panthers wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as they were.

Now Slovis may be the answer but the offensive scheme changes make that highly unlikely. Looking at Pitt I see a 7 or 8 win team but I could be totally wrong. I like Louisville's chances at home against the Panthers and it should be a good competitive game.

Also, the Cards 4 RB's are much better than Pitt's and the Cards O Line is ranked one of the best.

Louisville 30
Pittsburgh 20

Reactions: Mayoman
Pitt fans need to remember how fickle this game is and unless you're Alabama or Ohio State, you just don't miss a beat after losing the two offensive All-Americans. Without Pickett and Addison, the Panthers wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as they were.

Now Slovis may be the answer but the offensive scheme changes make that highly unlikely. Looking at Pitt I see a 7 or 8 win team but I could be totally wrong. I like Louisville's chances at home against the Panthers and it should be a good competitive game.

Also, the Cards 4 RB's are much better than Pitt's and the Cards O Line is ranked one of the best.

Louisville 30
Pittsburgh 20
Not to mention they had the 3rd worst transfer and recruiting class haul in the ACC for the 2022 class.

I think a number of the ACC teams who over-performed last year are going to fall back to earth Wake will probably fall further but I would wager Pitt will drop 4-5 games. They could easily start 0-2. They play a pretty easy schedule though.

What is going on with the WF QB? I heard he is "out indefinitely" with a non football situation. Hope he's okay. They threw it around last year I think they lost their #1 WR but return some of the other pieces. Sketchy D though.

Syracuse - L
UCF - L
FSU - L
USF - Toss up
BC - L
UVA - L
Pitt - L
Wake - L
JMU - W
Clemson - L
NC State - L
Kentucky - L

2/10

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: katwest
Injuries will hopefully not bite us again this year. Our two best defensive players didn’t finish the season because of injuries. If Cunningham stays healthy we can beat just about anyone on the schedule, if not then we’ll be a very mediocre team.

Injuries are the key to any teams season, if Levis were to get injured (hopefully not the case) Kentucky will be a .500 or below team (hopefully he stays healthy and they still stink 😀)

I looked for the better part of a work day a few weeks ago to find Wandale's YAC numbers or Levis' air yards numbers and couldn't find it anywhere. Air yards I get a little but I thought for sure I could at least find YAC yards.

If you want to see what Levis' numbers would look like if defenses kept Wandale's YAC in check? Go look at Wandale's stats in the Georgia game....TWELVE catches for 39 yards. I mean those are rushing stats.

Here's what I came up with earlier in the Summer.

- Replaces 2 elite starters on the Oline.
- He loses his top 3 pass catchers
- Completed 233 passes last year. 176 of those receptions are no longer on the roster. (76%)
- 37% of his total passing yards came against mid-majors.
- 42% of his touchdowns came against mid-majors
Can’t argue with breakdowns. The only problem is that none of that has seemed to matter against UofL. Truthfully the yuts haven’t needed to throw it all to win comfortably - bowden threw it what - twice? If the defense can’t stop the running game this year, levis’ passing stats won’t matter.

Correct Rocky Card: I said it last year, that if Levis was injured, UK would have become one dimensional, as Wandale would have no one to deliver the ball.

Will Levis is one of those college QBs that will never play in the NFL, but his value at UK last year was immeasurable. He had the benefit of playing behind a really good OL, and in front of two powerful RBs that forced every defense that faced to focus on Rodriquez and Smoke.

CFN Says we suck going 0-3 to start the season. Who runs that outfit, I damn sure wouldn't use them if I were a betting man.

Louisville Cardinals​

2022 Preseason Prediction: 6-6
2022 ACC Prediction: 4-4

Sept 3 at Syracuse L
Sept 10 at UCF L
Sept 16 Florida State L
Sept 24 USF W
Oct 1 at Boston College L
Oct 8 at Virginia W
Oct 15 OPEN DATE
Oct 22 Pitt W
Oct 29 Wake Forest W
Nov 5 James Madison W
Nov 12 at Clemson L
Nov 19 NC State W
Nov 26 at Kentucky L

Last edited:
Correct Rocky Card: I said it last year, that if Levis was injured, UK would have become one dimensional, as Wandale would have no one to deliver the ball.

Will Levis is one of those college QBs that will never play in the NFL, but his value at UK last year was immeasurable. He had the benefit of playing behind a really good OL, and in front of two powerful RBs that forced every defense that faced to focus on Rodriquez and Smoke.
I told my UK fan brother before the game last year that their QB would run a lot in the Louisville game because Stoops wants to make sure they win. With his size he was almost unstoppable running the ball with the decoys they had and offensive line. Hats off to them, they built that but Louisville must get physically tougher this season. I hope they have.

CFN Says we suck going 0-3 to start the season. Who runs that outfit, I damn sure would use them if I were a betting man.

Louisville Cardinals​

2022 Preseason Prediction: 6-6
2022 ACC Prediction: 4-4

Sept 3 at Syracuse L
Sept 10 at UCF L
Sept 16 Florida State L
Sept 24 USF W
Oct 1 at Boston College L
Oct 8 at Virginia W
Oct 15 OPEN DATE
Oct 22 Pitt W
Oct 29 Wake Forest W
Nov 5 James Madison W
Nov 12 at Clemson L
Nov 19 NC State W
Nov 26 at Kentucky L
Whoever made that should he fired. Honestly comical. How do you have us losing to Syracuse to go on to beat Wake and Pitt in back to back weeks. Lmaoo.

Pittsburgh, playing at home tonight against W. Va. sure don’t look all that great. If this is what they’ve got, and we’ve got them at home….I’m feeling pretty good about our chances.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
I was impressed with Pitt; very physical particularly up front defensively. They reminded me of the pressure that Rutgers put on us so many years ago.

Pittsburgh, playing at home tonight against W. Va. sure don’t look all that great. If this is what they’ve got, and we’ve got them at home….I’m feeling pretty good about our chances.
Pitt looked pretty good to me, WVU isn’t a slouch.

I was impressed with Pitt; very physical particularly up front defensively. They reminded me of the pressure that Rutgers put on us so many years ago.
We knew they would be good defensively up front. Although their offensive line didn’t look great. They struggled to run the ball. Also allowed 5 sacks. They were a timely pick 6 away from losing the game, kudos to them though. Also good for the ACC.

Revised

Syracuse - L
UCF - L
FSU - L
USF - Toss up
BC - L
UVA - L
Pitt - L
Wake - L
JMU - W
Clemson - L
NC State - L