ADVERTISEMENT

Game by game prediction.

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
For what it's worth the last time I did this here was Lamar's Heisman winning season. I predicted a 9 and 3 season and there was more than a few rebuttals that I was silly for this prediction. I also predicted some very high scoring games that was not shared by Cards fans though I have to admit, I didn't think we would score 60 against FSU.

So here we go again.

1. Louisville 33 Syracuse 16
2. Louisville 34 UCF 24
3. Louisville 30 FSU 24
4. Louisville 44 USF 13
5. Louisville 35 Boston College 17
6. Virginia 35 Louisville 32
7. Louisville 30 Pittsburgh 20
8. Louisville 52 Wake Forest 20
9. Louisville 34 James Madison 14
10. Clemson 28 Louisville 27
11. Louisville 30 NC State 27
12. Louisville 34 Kentucky 30

Louisville 10 - 2 6 - 2

The Cards return to the top 25 with the win over FSU. #23.

They are #19 when they lose at Virginia and fall to #22 after the loss.

They reach #14 when the face off with Clemson and fall to #16 after the loss.

After beating UK the Cards are #9 going into their bowl game. They just miss playing for the ACC championship after tying with Clemson at 6 - 2.

I won't predict the bowl game because I don't know who they would be facing, but at 10 wins, it could be a Texas A&M or a Michigan.

With such a successful season, the highly regarded recruiting class signs and Satterfield nixs any thoughts of moving to greener pastures.

Malik Cunningham is voted all 2nd team ACC.

Last edited:
For what it's worth the last time I did this here was Lamar's Heisman winning season. I predicted a 9 and 3 season and there was more than a few rebuttals that I was silly for this prediction. I also predicted some very high scoring games that was not shared by Cards fans though I have to admit, I didn't think we would score 60 against FSU.

So here we go again.

2. Louisville 34 UCF 24
3. Louisville 30 FSU 24
4. Louisville 44 USF 13
7. Louisville 38 Pittsburgh 28

Louisville 10 - 2 6 - 2

After beating UK the Cards are #9 going into their bowl game. They just miss playing for the ACC championship after tying with Clemson at 6 - 2.

I won't predict the bowl game because I don't know who they would be facing, but at 10 wins, it could be a Texas A&M or a Michigan.

With such a successful season, the highly regarded recruiting class signs and Satterfield nixs any thoughts of moving to greener pastures.

I am a UK FAN AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO MAKE YOU A WAGER ON UL vs. UK game, $100 UK wins so did we have a better. My handle is shadowman4 and I am a very reputable poster for years. My email is katsfan99@aol.com. Hope to hear back from you confirming our bet!!

I am a UK FAN AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO MAKE YOU A WAGER ON UL vs. UK game, $100 UK wins so did we have a better. My handle is shadowman4 and I am a very reputable poster for years. My email is katsfan99@aol.com. Hope to hear back from you confirming our bet!!
Reputable is highly debatable. You have posted here 13 total times; 5 of those posts were deleted for trolling.

So here we go again.

2. Louisville 34 UCF 24
3. Louisville 30 FSU 24
4. Louisville 44 USF 13

Louisville 10 - 2 6 - 2

Nice breakdown although I wish I had a hint of your optimism.

1. Louisville 36 Syracuse 28
2. Louisville 27 UCF 31
3. Louisville 40 FSU 24
4. Louisville 48 USF 26
5. Louisville 21 Boston College 20
6. Virginia 38 Louisville 31
7. Louisville 31 Pittsburgh 28
8. Louisville 49 Wake Forest 38
9. Louisville 34 James Madison 20
10. Clemson 28 Louisville 10
11. Louisville 30 NC State 31
12. Louisville 27 Kentucky 38

7-5 record

• Haha
Reactions: katwest
Just typical idiocy from a UK fan. Like I'm so brazen to pick UofL over UK, I should make a bet with a total stranger?

This is exactly why you guys are so loathed and really deserve what's going to happen to you. No one is confusing UK football with Alabama.

Reactions: UofLforLife85
Nice breakdown although I wish I had a hint of your optimism.

1. Louisville 36 Syracuse 28
2. Louisville 27 UCF 31
3. Louisville 40 FSU 24
4. Louisville 48 USF 26
5. Louisville 21 Boston College 20
6. Virginia 38 Louisville 31
7. Louisville 31 Pittsburgh 28
8. Louisville 49 Wake Forest 38
9. Louisville 34 James Madison 20
10. Clemson 28 Louisville 10
11. Louisville 30 NC State 31
12. Louisville 27 Kentucky 38

7-5 record
Well, it really depends on if you believe these talented players on the Cards are really that talented. If you do, like I do, it's not a stretch to predict 9 or more wins.

Too many Cards fans are acting like the schedule is full of powerhouse teams and the only real possible opponent that is that is Clemson. Now the Tigers are loaded with 4 star players but they're not anywhere near as good as they have been. Cards had them beat last season.

WF lost its QB and they were having to replace key starters already. Pitt is getting attention because of a transfer QB but lost their all American receiver to transfer. It's like it was a trade.

And then there's UCF who is a good team but not some juggernaut. If the Cards aren't talented enough to beat them, especially in the 2nd game of the season when they're at their healthiest, then it may be a disappointing season.

There is not one team on the schedule that Louisville couldn't defeat and that includes UK whose fans are apparently getting in front of themselves with their program. They in no way have arrived.

Cards will have it tough against FSU, Virginia and NC State but they have most of those tough games at home. If and it's a big if, the team gets some of the game breaks and calls from the refs this season, they will win those close games and winning breeds confidence and confidence leads to wins.

Looking at several different pundits and their opinions, I see Louisville players all over the place. The OL is ranked #11 overall by some website. The RB's #6.

Several players have been nominated for preseason acalades with more coming from the much maligned defense. Malik Cunningham stats are amongst some of the biggest names in college football and if he played at Clemson, he would be a Heisman favorite.

Of course there's still plenty to work on, especially with the depth, but any real assessment of this roster and team if honest would see a huge upward progression in 2022.

For the first time in quite a while, I see a UL FB Team that could have a most respectable running game. This starting OL has sufficient experience and talent to provide support for a stable of proven RBs. As long as Malik remains healthy, aside from Clemson’s defense, I do not see any team on our schedule that should be able to keep us from scoring 30+ points a game. Conversely, getting our defense off the field continues to be a serious challenge.

Personally, over the last 4 years, I would prefer to have played UK as the season opener, as our lack of depth made us far more vulnerable as the season plays out.

Reactions: gocds
You didn’t have to tell us you were a Kentucky fan... we could tell as soon as you misspelled bettor lmao. That backwood education never seems to fail you guys!

The ACC Road Trip to Louisville yesterday gave me a lot of hope. There’s not a lack of confidence or enthusiasm from the team. Quite the opposite. Also, it seems like the transfers will bring an immediate impact. Got to say I’m now a little excited.

The ACC Road Trip to Louisville yesterday gave me a lot of hope. There’s not a lack of confidence or enthusiasm from the team. Quite the opposite. Also, it seems like the transfers will bring an immediate impact. Got to say I’m now a little excited.
When Satt talked about Tijon all he could do was smile and say “he’s just different.” When you make your coach get giddy like that, you are doing something right. I think we know who will be starting against Syracuse.

I'll take a different approach, guessing the success percentage from highest to lowest:

95% vs James Madison
90% vs USF
75% @ Syracuse
70% vs Wake Forest
65% vs Florida State
60% @ Boston College
55% @ Virginia
50% @ UCF
40% vs Pitt
40% vs NC State
30% @ Kentucky
20% @ Clemson

I'll take a different approach, guessing the success percentage from highest to lowest:

95% vs James Madison
90% vs USF
75% @ Syracuse
70% vs Wake Forest
65% vs Florida State
60% @ Boston College
55% @ Virginia
50% @ UCF
40% vs Pitt
40% vs NC State
30% @ Kentucky
20% @ Clemson
Curious as to what worries everyone about Pitt. They lost their whole offense and offensive coordinator. Should be a W. They will be sound defensively as always but they don’t scare me at all. More concerned about BC with Jurk back.

You didn’t have to tell us you were a Kentucky fan... we could tell as soon as you misspelled bettor lmao. That backwood education never seems to fail you guys!
I do not post often on the Louisville Football Forum message board. When I said I was reputable it means I am a long standing member of UK football and basketball forums. When I indicated I offered to make a friendly wager I was not trying to do that in an obnoxious and trolling manner. It was simply meant as a friendly bet to the Louisville fan who suggested UL would beat UK in football this year. Any reasons person would suggest otherwise. UK has dominated UL the last three years and have our top QB and all SEC running back coming back. The game is on UK’s home field as well. Me wanting to make a friendly wager should not make me look like a troll.

To beat Kentucky all Louisville has to do is stop the QB from running all over them again. They don’t have a receiver like the one they had last year. Clemson will be tough because they’re Clemson. Wake, NC State, Pitt will be toss ups imo. The rest wins. Don’t know what the op is seeing in Virginia?

1. Louisville 48 Syracuse 28
2. Louisville 35 UCF 30
3. Louisville 42 FSU 24
4. Louisville 56 USF 10
5. Louisville 47 Boston College 21
6. Louisville 40 Virginia 30
7. Louisville 32 Pittsburgh 30
8. Louisville 52 Wake Forest 45
9. Louisville 55 James Madison 17
10. Louisville 32 Clemson 28
11. NC State 27 Louisville 24
12. Louisville 31 Kentucky 30

Louisville 11-1

Last edited:
I do not post often on the Louisville Football Forum message board. When I said I was reputable it means I am a long standing member of UK football and basketball forums. When I indicated I offered to make a friendly wager I was not trying to do that in an obnoxious and trolling manner. It was simply meant as a friendly bet to the Louisville fan who suggested UL would beat UK in football this year. Any reasons person would suggest otherwise. UK has dominated UL the last three years and have our top QB and all SEC running back coming back. The game is on UK’s home field as well. Me wanting to make a friendly wager should not make me look like a troll.
This just might make you look like a troll.

shadowman4

When UL was riding high and controlling the rivalry you couldn’t keep the Dirty Birds off our boards and telling us how they owned the rivalry and how they would beat us into the ground. Now with the drubbing they have taken in 3 of the last 4 games in the rivalry, our bird beak friends don’t have much to say. I am really surprised they aren’t being a little more vocal, as they are playing at home and Vegas has them as a 2-3 point favorite. Certainly U of Smell can win this game,) as they have a very good offense. I do think that with UK’s much better front seven on defense vs. what they have seen in the weak ACC will be very problematic. Also take into the fact that U of Smell has been tremendously out scored in the 4 th quarter due to them wearing down to a lack of depth. If it is close I think the depth could come back and bite them in the ass again.

A friendly wager? What makes you think I'm your friend? I would never go to UK's board and be so presumptuous in my confidence in beating your team that I would basically dare you to bet me. The other UK fans would be irked as hell and yes, label me a troll.

Dude, don't say that shit on the internet- the IRS has 88k more agents coming on board soon.

Card X: we seldom agree on the “non-sports topics”, but I often find your opinions about our football team as accurate; hoping you are correct as I am beginning to share in your optimism.

As far as the last 3 years of our disappointing performances against our in-state rival …… there were several key injuries and one year’s contest included illness from the pre-game meal that contributed to those lopsided losses. However, the UK offensive line completely dominated the line of scrimmage in all 3 contests, and that must change before UL evens up this series.

95% vs James Madison
90% vs USF
75% @ Syracuse
70% vs Wake Forest
65% vs Florida State
60% @ Boston College
55% @ Virginia
50% @ UCF
40% vs Pitt
40% vs NC State
30% @ Kentucky
20% @ Clemson

Pretty reasonable but Kentucky isn’t the 2nd toughest game on the schedule. I think Pitt, NCST and UCF will be just as tough. I think 7-5 is very doable though

I am ALWAYS WRONG when I make predictions regarding UL wins/loses. Therefore, I am predicting that the Cards have absolutely no chance against any team on our schedule. We will be thoroughly embarrassed in each and every contest. I will placing large bets on every game in favor of our opponents.
There…that ought to do it.. Enjoy the season and….you’re welcome!

Anything can happen and we all know it. Injuries? Bad weather? And if course, the dreaded refs? Louisville is overdue for some good fortune as it last had it in Satt's first season.

But that's for us fans who live and breathe Cards football. The pundits in the media if they don't bear down and really look, are perceiving the Cards as a afterthought. They don't know or care either way.

The Cards need to make them care and they have the talent to do it. Not since Lamar have the Cards been in the minds of the media so they just pick the number in the middle and say 6 games.

And don't dismiss the momentum around the program with the phenomenal recruiting we're seeing. Satterfield is building a roster and the current players are pumped to show their worth.

I'm very confident this season which is unusual for me. I tend to be a sports pessimist, especially lately. My biggest concern is Malik getting injured. We don't have anywhere near a ready to go backup. We would definitely be a rushing team then.

Reactions: RealStateBird
I agree TRV! Normally I’m a pessimist and still can’t believe I typed 11-1 but barring injuries I think they have the horses to do it this year.

So here we go again.

2. Louisville 34 UCF 24
3. Louisville 30 FSU 24
4. Louisville 44 USF 13

Louisville 10 - 2 6 - 2

I think we get UVa this year. I would switch out Pitt as a loss, though it could be very close. Other than that, it’s a pretty good forecast.

I think we get UVa this year. I would switch out Pitt as a loss, though it could be very close. Other than that, it’s a pretty good forecast.
To be honest, I only chose Virginia as a L because I couldn't make myself predict a 11 - 1 season. I figured it being a road game and how we always seem to struggle with the Cavaliers, I chose them as the 2nd loss on the season.

I don't get the Pittsburgh fear as the two players that made them good the past two seasons are gone. Plus they're coming to Cardinal Stadium.

I also think we could beat Clemson because we've been close so many times. The only real upset I could see would be at BC.

Realistically, the Cards will lose at least two games and I could see losing four and the Cards still being a very good team. Like I said the Cards are going to need more things to go their way to be a ACC contender but they have the talent to be just that.

I love the momentum around the program and it all looks very similar to that magical start of Lamar's Heisman winning season. This time however, the team has a strong offensive line.

I will say this outright, but barring an injury to a core contributor (mass casualties on the O line and/or an injury to Cunningham) I will be combinations of surprised and disappointed if Louisville is Outside of the Top 2 in rushing in the ACC this year. And that's with the qualifier we are playing the three best run defenses in the ACC in Clemson, Pitt and NC State. There is really no compelling reason to believe they won't unless you believe the offensive line is deficient, Cunningham isn't among the top three running QBs in college football and the RB Corps is oversold. Even without Evans, I'd feel good with Mitchell, Cooley and Jordan as they have reps in the scheme. With Evans though and a demonstrated threat in Cunningham we have layers within the scheme that nobody else in the conference has.

Reactions: PushupMan and gocds
I really hope Satterfield is a bit more unpredictable with his play calls. Would love to see Evans and Cooley together in the back field.

There’s been a good bit of talk about all the great QBs in the ACC. Cunningham never gets mentioned. I don’t know how you can look at his numbers and experience and not conclude that he’s one of the top guys in the league.

Malik‘s versatility overshadowed his limited passing game. I believe that most media view Cunningham has having limited passing skills, the reason they minimize his ranking in both the ACC, and the country.

As CH penned previously in this thread, having a true rushing attack behind an experienced OL this season could make Malik incredibly more efficient passing; as so often last season, Malik was faced with 3rd and long desperate situations where the opposing defenses were prepared for a pass, or Malik scrambling out of the pocket.

Reactions: Guardman
233 a season with a healthy Malik will get us a ton of wins including uahkay. The cayuts simply are not as good as the past 3 seasons and are being overrated by the SEC media wonks. Our running game should be very good and with Malik throwing the ball better this season we should be a threat to win every game we play this season. To say the least, I'm more hopeful than I've been for a few of the past seasons.

GOCARDS!!!

Reactions: 2330859
Don't forget your a basketball school that hasn't been in the final four for quite a while, while the CARDS have their last Natty in 2012. So on to football. The puddycats had a 10 win season. Look at that closely. They won one regular against a Div. 1 school with a winning record. PLAY SOMEBODY!

Reactions: gocds
There’s been a good bit of talk about all the great QBs in the ACC. Cunningham never gets mentioned. I don’t know how you can look at his numbers and experience and not conclude that he’s one of the top guys in the league.
It has to be a bias and whether it's a UofL bias or something else, it's obvious that he is being treated like some Sun Belt conference QB. I know that the ACC has quite a bit of top QB's but Malik has been doing it longer at a high level. If Malik played right now for Clemson. Had transferred there for this season. He would be first team ACC.

You can look at tons of highlights from Malik's career and he has more great passing highlights than running ones. He's been called Lamar like or Lamar Jr and that itself should garner him a top QB in college football.

Then again the Cards not winning a lot of games also has something to do with it. I do know this. He has been playing college ball for a long time. I'm sure fans of other teams have to be thinking this guy has been around for 10 years.

Syracuse - W
UCF - W
FSU - L
USF - W
BC - W
UVA - L
Pitt - W
Wake - W
JMU - W
Clemson - L
NC State - L
Kentucky - L

7-5

We start out looking great.
FSU gets us as it’s a big game for them and the 2 Friday games in a row. are weird

USF and BC shouldn’t be any trouble.

UVA on the road is gonna be that weird road loss that always happens.

Then like in past years, we look dead and people complain, but then we’re gonna roll off 3 wins. Pitt at home is our game. Wake has QB questions now and we want revenge at home. JMU shouldn’t be trouble.

Then streaky again. We fight hard but Clemson closes us out late. We play hard against NC State, but just don’t have the depth to finish them off. Then after 2 straight tough games, another loss to the other team in Lexington as we just are beat down after 2 weeks.

If 7-5 happens and they don't look good in the losses (for example, losing to UK by 30+ for seemingly the 10th year in a row), then Heird needs to seriously consider FARRR'N that sonofabeyitch. If they improve during the season and are competitive in the losses, then I'm reluctantly ok with keeping him because of the recruiting success. 6-6 or worse then he needs to go, I'm not basing things on a class that hasn't made it to campus yet.

My rationale is that if 8-4 isn't achievable in year 4, then it never will be. Now this is just my opinion and I could be wrong but I am not buying the hype about how strong the schedule is. The ACC was not good last year and I have no reason to believe it will be this year either. Mid-2000's Big East would smack the current ACC around like one of Katina's hos.

I totally agree about the ACC and believe this notion it's a tough schedule is contrived. It's not going to be easy winning these games but these teams have much to fear playing Louisville.

I think the media is playing up the ACC for Clemson who I believe will continue on with their downward spiral. The fact that there's 8 ACC teams who have a better QB than the Tigers will reflect that.

Louisville is in a very optimal position to break through this season and become the ACC champion. They get most of their tough conference matchups at Cardinal Stadium and they had these teams beat last season.

I'm really looking forward to the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT