ADVERTISEMENT

TheRealVille's predictions from July 6th, pretty amazing so far, let's hope he's wrong about miami

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
Jul 6, 2023
Let's have some fun.

Game 1.
- 7 Georgia Tech. Cards win 38 to 17

Game 2.
No line Murray St. Cards win 52 to 7

Game 3.
- 10 Indiana. Cards win 34 to 14

Game 4.
- 17 Boston College. Cards win 35 to 10

Game 5.
- 3 NC State. Cards win 30 to 20

Game 6.
- 1 Notre Dame. Cards win 27 to 24

Game 7.
- 4 Pittsburgh. Cards lose 24 to 20

Game 8.
- 9 Duke. Cards win 40 to 24

Game 9.
- 14 Virginia Tech. Cards win 42 to 21

Game 10.
- 18 Virginia. Cards win 38 to 24

Game 11.
- 5 Miami. Cards lose 24 to 17

Game 12.
- 4 Kentucky. Cards win 34 to 26

Louisville finishes 10 and 2 and 6 and 2 in ACC. Finishes tied for 2nd with FSU behind Clemson.

Cards were favored in all 12 games and didn't cover in 3 of them.

This is more than just attainable and more and more national attention is starting to agree.

May not matter, Miami gets their 3rd conference loss against FSU. We take care of UVA (our big rival, I do hate them) and we play FSU in ACC champ game. I mean it may not matter with reference to our ACC title game aspirations. If we win out, playoffs are still possible...I dare not consider that.

Reactions: Mayoman
May not matter, Miami gets their 3rd conference loss against FSU. We take care of UVA (our big rival, I do hate them) and we play FSU in ACC champ game. I mean it may not matter with reference to our ACC title game aspirations. If we win out, playoffs are still possible...I dare not consider that.
Dare…dare..

Wrong about Clemson, but otherwise spooky accurate.
Not all that spooky really. I was confident for two reasons.

1. Jeff Brohm
2. Schedule

I figured that Brohm would take the program to a newer level with game preparation and his ability to motivate the players.

Then the schedule looked set up for wins with no FSU, UNC, and Clemson plus the abundance of home games. If the Cards got to the ND game undefeated, a win at home over ND looked very possible.

But I've watched years of college football and I've seen letdown losses quite a bit, so losing to Pitt after the ND win wasn't a hard prediction to make. I also believe Pitt was going to be a decent team.

The irony is when the time came to play the Panthers, I was convinced Louisville would beat a surprisingly bad Pitt team. I was one of the few here that didn't see a Cards loss.

I predicted a loss to Miami mostly because I couldn't believe I was about to predict a 11 and 1 season and it's tough to beat the Hurricanes on the road.

I, like most everyone didn't see Clemson's struggles even though I did believe they weren't going to be the dominant team they have been.

In July I was so excited about what Brohm would do with the program and when I saw the schedule it looked like everything was set up for Louisville to do some special things. I too hope I'm wrong about the Miami game.

I did not do a game by game pre-season prediction. I predicted we'd win at least 9 games, have a head scratching upset loss and play for the ACC championship.

My prediction looks great as long as we beat UVA.

The Cards have not lost a regular season game I've attended in 5+ years. I was present for Ga Tech, Murray State, ND and Va. Tech. I'm staying with my bff in the Ville until Saturday and will be at the UVA game.

My UVA grad hubby is flying in Wednesday to join us for Thursday's game and drive back with me. UVA has no hope of making a bowl so, although he may wear UVA gear to represent his alma mater, he'll cheer for the Cards simply because he's a good husband. lol.

If the Cards need my winning mojo after Saturday's ACC games are concluded, I'll fly to Miami for the game the following Saturday.

I live in Columbia SC so I can hop a cheap direct flight to Miami from Charleston or Charlotte. My other U of L grad bff lives in Palm Coast FL. She and her hubby are driving to Miami for the game, booked a 2 bedroom Airbnb and are pressuring me to meet them there.

it was in someone else's post that must have gotten deleted months ago but i had joked at one point we'd go undefeated and win the national title in CJB's first year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT