ADVERTISEMENT

FSU fires Taggert

I know people are going to say "2 years, no one will want to coach there"... But that roster is loaded with talent. If they get the right coach in there, they'll be right back at the top. Here's hoping they make another bad hire.

They FARRRR'd that sonofabeyitch!

Jeembo Feesher ain't sounding so bad, I bet. THey should be careful what they wish for when they run people off or farr them.

Reactions: zipp
The Memphis coach would kill it in Tallahassee. Still hoping for Mark Stoops.

FWIW...when UofL was looking for a coach last year, Norvell’s name came up and then was quickly discarded. The rumor is that he has some baggage that P5 schools don’t want.

Bob Stoops (Mark’s brother) is on the short list. And he does know how to coach. And I don’t think he’s got a huge buyout like some of the college coaches.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

FSU has a lot of Talent on their current team , plus as of right now they have the # 16 recruiting class in the nation.... coming in for next year.

A coach can’t lose his fans as fast as Taggert lost the FSU fans. They clearly didn’t like the hire of Taggert. He was a dead man walking the day he was hire very similar to Strong at Texas.

FSU will have options. Too much talent proven program. The administration is a mess though Jimbo didn’t like that situation or commitment.

A coach can’t lose his fans as fast as Taggert lost the FSU fans. They clearly didn’t like the hire of Taggert. He was a dead man walking the day he was hire very similar to Strong at Texas.

FSU will have options. Too much talent proven program. The administration is a mess though Jimbo didn’t like that situation or commitment.

Since you brought up CCS and Texas (and I agree with you) and also Taggart it brings a question to mind. There was certainly a “racial component” to the situation for CCS at Texas. I’m wondering what the feeling is about the same thing possibly existing at FSU. Anyone? I’m guessing that the FSU fanbase might have a feeling that they weren’t ready for an African-American coach. At least, some of them. I most certainly hope not but anything is possible.

I don’t think it is or was a race issue both were terrible hires for high profile jobs. Strong was a perfect fit for Louisville. All he had to do was coach. At Texas he had to be a diplomat, politician, fundraiser and coach. He was a terrible fit for Texas. Same thing for Taggert at FSU.

There is no patience at the higher profile jobs so it makes no sense to hire guys that can’t energize a fan base.

I think FSU could get a top coach if they go for the top coaches, I never understood the Taggart hire. The right coach will have them back in the top tier quickly. FSU is a big time program one of the tops in the country. I hope they get the right guy this time and bounce back quickly the ACC needs them to be a power house again.

Reactions: gocds
btw he gets $17,000,000 for being a total failure and loser
Not so fast my friend. I’ve heard somewhere that university ADs that honor terrible contracts - regardless of the reason for firing the coach - are derelict in their duty. Certainly the FSU AD is aware of this simple fact and will absolutely tell Taggart to go kick rocks.

Porky would invigorate the FSU fanbase with his sparkling personality.

Tomahawk Chop would become the Pork Chop.
It’s priceless on the yut board right now. Just three weeks ago it was fire Porky and Gran and now they want Brainfart to sweeten his deal - though according to them - uk is a better program with more upside than FSU.

The delusion is strong.

Never understood firing a coach mid-season. There is really no one to replace them and you're already paying them to coach. Ride it out and, who knows, maybe they end up turning things around that makes firing unnecessary. But paying to have a leaderless team is a disservice to the players and fans. jmo

It’s priceless on the yut board right now. Just three weeks ago it was fire Porky and Gran and now they want Brainfart to sweeten his deal - though according to them - uk is a better program with more upside than FSU.

The delusion is strong.

It’s amazing how coaching searches make sports fans say the craziest stuff.

Here you guys go, this is an actual post from Kentucky's rival page lol I thought the delusion in it was pretty hilarious.

Would Venebles consider that job? He is paid like a lot of HCs. Would he take the FSU job or wait for a better gig. FSU has a lot of baggage.

if Stoops left for FSU (I bet against it), I would go hard after Venebles. I know UK may not have the name a guy in Venebles position may want, but stoops has created a culture Venebles could work with and had a returning defense that could permit PV to really build upon.

Since you brought up CCS and Texas (and I agree with you) and also Taggart it brings a question to mind. There was certainly a “racial component” to the situation for CCS at Texas. I’m wondering what the feeling is about the same thing possibly existing at FSU. Anyone? I’m guessing that the FSU fanbase might have a feeling that they weren’t ready for an African-American coach. At least, some of them. I most certainly hope not but anything is possible.

No. Taggert didn’t win in a place with no patience for losing.

Here you guys go, this is an actual post from Kentucky's rival page lol I thought the delusion in it was pretty hilarious.
Lol

Honestly I dont believe anyone comes after Mark Stoops...period. he has one and I mean one decent season. Those MFer's just dont know how to act because they've never been there...but they act like they have truly accomplished something and are amongst the top dawgs in their conference . They're lucky as hell they play in that weak ass east because they would get smoked if they played in the west. The SEC east is as bad as any P5 conference. Actually I think our schedule was ranked higher than theirs recently

Looks like we have one of their current commits coming to town for an official vist, Josh Griffis, DE. Hope we can get OL Thomas Shrader to come as well. We've stayed in touch since his verbal in June to FSU, smart recruiting. Get Cort and Ledford after them!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
It's just hard to win big. The problem admins and fans have is they witness a 2 loss season or less and then hold their HC to that barometer every year. Nebraska, Texas, maybe now add FSU. Just keep that door revolving.

I prefer FSU be solid.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
It's hard to find the right guy. Look at what Alabama went through between Gene Stallings and Nick Saban. A decade of Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione and Mike Shula. Franchione was the best of the group and he still lost 8 games in 2 years.

In case anyone considers them the same, there's a pretty big difference between Petrino's and Taggart's situation as far as their buyouts...

100% of Taggart's money was reportedly raised by boosters who wanted him gone. All that their administration had to say was "OK". And why invite a lawsuit when you don't have to pay any of the money?

In contrast, all of Petrino's money came from U of L. In fact, our 2019 financial report last week flagged that as a significant expense item. We just decided to pay all of it without a fight...

In case anyone considers them the same, there's a pretty big difference between Petrino's and Taggart's situation as far as their buyouts...

100% of Taggart's money was reportedly raised by boosters who wanted him gone. All that their administration had to say was "OK". And why invite a lawsuit when you don't have to pay any of the money?

In contrast, all of Petrino's money came from U of L. In fact, our 2019 financial report last week flagged that as a significant expense item. We just decided to pay all of it without a fight...
Makes sense. Boosters historically have a solid reputation for wanting to be fair with coaches that they feel have underperformed - particularly when there is no legally compelling reason.
Lol - “reportedly”.

Well heeled boosters want immediate action and can afford to get that.

Of course, your school needs a connection with well heeled boosters. We evidently don't even have that in basketball anymore...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT