ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to sue ACC over grant of rights, withdraw fees

As long as our FB team keeps winning and has a way into the CFP and our BBall program improves and gets back into the Big Dance I don't think I really care what happens to the ACC. If we join the Big12 then I can watch us play UCF every other year in FB and every year in BBall.

I have not read the Grant of Rights. However it has to contain a clause where the signees stipulate which laws pertain to any dispute regarding the document. I sincerely doubt it is the law of Florida.

I have not read the Grant of Rights. However it has to contain a clause where the signees stipulate which laws pertain to any dispute regarding the document. I sincerely doubt it is the law of Florida.
Could take quite a while to work thru the courts. FSU could appeal any determination. Might go quickly to arbitration. No one wants an unwilling partner to continue to play sports in their league.

Kinda needs to be settled quickly.

Meanwhile I hope FSU loses every game they play in every sport. Screw them ! They are now the enemy.

Last edited:
They’re too good for the ACC but they gladly accepted the benefits received.

Let the door hit them in the ass!

It will definitely be mandated into arbitration, but that process will not be binding, and I expect the case will become a lot more complex as this proceeds forward.

If this legal challenge was confined to the Grant of Rights Agreement, it would be one thing; but it will be impossible to disguise the fact from those sitting in judgment that it is all about FSU’s greed and desire to leave the ACC for greater opportunity for revenue.

The real test now, will be whether Clemson, UNC, Miami, and/or VT decide to join FSU, or stand by the balance of ACC membership who have no interest in leaving the conference.

All about money (and power). Totally American.

Just about every team mentioned as possibly wanting out could get more money but likely less power.

Money is key. They all want to be in a position to pay their athletes more and their coaching staffs more.

They also want to become relevant again. They view that they are not now. They are willing to give up everything to get more money. The SEC and ESPN have colluded against them and won the war so far.

They mostly believe this is the last train out of Clarksville. They think they have no other choice.

Only UNC and the North Carolina courts have any chance of slowing this down. UNC has always controlled the ACC. It would prefer to continue doing that. But UNC weighs continued control against a future vision of feeding on crumbs.

Florida State University has made such an ass of themselves that it seems almost pre-ordained that they WILL be departing. When. How Much. Strings and Conditions. Those are the questions. And how much additional damage will be done to the ACC and Big XII.

I really see nothing to halt the headlong rush to one or two super conferences playing professional football in a P1/2 league of their own. Sports Entertainment from Disney and Fox.

Just about every team mentioned as possibly wanting out could get more money but likely less power.

Money is key. They all want to be in a position to pay their athletes more and their coaching staffs more.

They also want to become relevant again. They view that they are not now. They are willing to give up everything to get more money. The SEC and ESPN have colluded against them and won the war so far.

They mostly believe this is the last train out of Clarksville. They think they have no other choice.

Only UNC and the North Carolina courts have any chance of slowing this down. UNC has always controlled the ACC. It would prefer to continue doing that. But UNC weighs continued control against a future vision of feeding on crumbs.

Florida State University has made such an ass of themselves that it seems almost pre-ordained that they WILL be departing. When. How Much. Strings and Conditions. Those are the questions. And how much additional damage will be done to the ACC and Big XII.

I really see nothing to halt the headlong rush to one or two super conferences playing professional football in a P1/2 league of their own. Sports Entertainment from Disney and Fox.
I agree, though I think we will all miss college football as it was- never pure, but more fun than the NFL. We’ll, I guess it’ll be the Ivy League for me.

I agree, though I think we will all miss college football as it was- never pure, but more fun than the NFL. We’ll, I guess it’ll be the Ivy League for me.
Yes. For me that will be true. But so many younger generations will be totally ok with this and think that this is a preferred natural state.

Reactions: Mayoman

The collusion is not just Disney/ESPN and SEC. It also is BT and Fox. That foursome also acted in tandem to gut the Big 12 and destroy the Pac. Their goal is only 2 Major conferences which between them will have total control over Major CFB and thus all the money.

The ACC can survive minus FSU, if that is the only loss. Losing Clemson also would be a death blow to the ACC having any claim on Major.

Dook had more control over the ACC than anybody else at its start and for yers. Today, UNC and Dook as a pair, with UVA as their third, have the most control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT